Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (mobiusguy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,
I have a strange request. I am getting married soon and I decided it would be so cool to place a small plastic model of a wakeboard boat on top of my groom's cake. My problem is that I cannot find one anywhere.

Can anyone give me a website, or hobby shop location in the Dallas/Ft Worth area that would sell a wakeboard specific model boat?

PS. The RC boat that Overtons sells is way too big!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-25-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
You're getting married to a guy?
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-25-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
Here you go.

http://www.hobbytron.com/Air-Nautique-210-22-Wakeboard-RC-Electric-Boat-Red.html

Maybe you can overnight it.

Nu Bu...who cares!
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-25-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Woops, maybe that's too big too,
Old     (mobiusguy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
nu bu -
No, I am getting married to a awesome girl and she enjoys wakeboarding just as much as I do. I am not sure where the gayness question came from. It's a grooms cake and I am the groom who enjoys wakeboarding and wanted to decorate my cake the way I wanted to.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-25-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
I misread your post I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by it, I thought you might have made a typo or something. Then I though it was your fiance signing in as you, just had to ask. Congradulations!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
I have seen a smaller Hot Wheels size wakeboat.
It was a X star. Keep looking im sure someone will hook you up. Congrats on getting hitched
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-25-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
I have a RC 210 Nautique that is only 5 inches long. I dont know where my dad got it.
Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-25-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
Nice to see other wifes support our addictions. You can go the model method which is great or all out like my wife did. She surprised me with a custom made groom's cake of our Mastercraft. She won't tell me how much it cost but it blew me away. I'll work on a picture of it if you are interested. It was made in Seal Beach CA kind of far from TX. Good luck!
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       07-25-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
Brian,

I've also got a little 5 inch r/c Nautique like Leo mentioned. If you can't find anything, I'll mail you mine. I'm down in San Antonio. You could even paint it like a Mobius for detail. Let me know.

Ken
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       07-25-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
try toys r us they got some toy boats in there all the time even comes with a toy truck to hull it with, i got kids
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-26-2007, 5:30 AM Reply   
brian, i have a plastic model mastercraft x-star(orange).has a chrome tower with board racks and tower speakers, along with 3 boards on it that can be removed.....its about 3 in. wide(at its widest)x 4-5 in long.....let me know
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-26-2007, 6:33 AM Reply   
I have seen those minature RC boats at Wal-Mart. I think they were like $10 or $15.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
Brian, I'm looking for the same thing for the same reason...it's on my to-do list. My fiancé' has even gone as far to contact skier's choice and have small decals made to match our boat. I tried to order a "mini" nautique from iboats.com, but got a call saying they don’t; stock them anymore. They are hard to find, but the only ones I've found are of the x-star and nautique...you can find both in the mini version., but the 3-4 places I've found them at don’t; have any in stock. I just missed an eBay auction for a “mini” mastercraft. I’ve still got a few more months, but let me know if you find something. I’ll do the same.
Old     (mobiusguy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
Everyone,
Thanks for the great ideas. I will keep looking for another week or so, (the big day is in November so I have time) and then I might have to take you up on some of your offers.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-26-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
I would avoid the boat on the cake unless she is SUPER hardcore about wakeboarding. I mean, like OBSESSED. She's marrying you, not a wakeboard. The wedding day is about her, not your interests.
Old     (mobiusguy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
adam curtis - I also called skier's choice to ask if they manufactured a replica of their line of boats, but they do not.

Anodyne - She and I were at a wedding a year ago and saw the same thing on their grooms cake and she said that it would be a good idea for me to do the same - she is 100% on board.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Like Brian, We're having a separate grooms cake...the actual wedding cake will be "traditional".

Brian---skier's choice doesn't make a replica, but my fiance got a hold of soemone who was going to make scaled down versions of the graphics ( it will eb a pinted nautique or mastercraft with supra graphics, lol) ...she was told the request is not as uncommon as you think.