Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-06-2013, 10:21 PM Reply   
I recently moved to Viera in Brevard County, FL. I know Orlando is a short drive away, but I was wondering if anyone goes wakeboarding on the Banana River or Indian River. Are any of the lakes deep enough? If there is anyone out there, and willing to offer me a pull, I always give money for gas and help clean the boat.
Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       07-06-2013, 11:10 PM Reply   
I live in Melbourne and I can't find much I think some people wakeboard on the St. John's river
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-07-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
My friends and I wakeboard in the area on a blue/grey '85 Nautique. We typically will launch at Eau Gallie or go to C54. Unfortunately it isn't my boat so I'm usually the one getting invited but I will mention it and if we are ever needing a 3rd/4th, I'll see if I can get a hold of you guys.
Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       07-07-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
Sweet c54 is perfect I'm about 20 minutes away I would definitely pay my share and help clean the boat
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-08-2013, 6:39 AM Reply   
C54 looks really good with a north or south wind, but from the looks of it, I'm surprised it's deep enough. Let me know if your looking for another rider!
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-08-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
I'll definitely let you guys know. C54 is a great spot but is kind of far from us, otherwise we would ride there all the time. It is plenty deep though, it drops off quickly at the banks and I don't think any of us have ever hit bottom.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-09-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
I live down at Spanish House but i ride with my buddy Jason who lives in Indialantic from time to time.... he has a 210... we usually put in at Eau Gallie and ride up next to South Tropical Trail under the bridge.

I work in Viera every day... i go to OWC and McCormicks all the time... you're free to ride with anytime if wanna hit me up.

https://www.facebook.com/david.luker.75?ref=tn_tnmn

I surf most of the time, but my roots are wake so i still get after it every now and again

-David
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-09-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
I think I might have seen that 210 on Hwy 1 just the other day which made me think to ask the question... It was the new style, black and had the newest flight control tower, if that's the one... Carpooling would be a great idea, I want to get over to McCormicks soon, but it's a pretty far drive
Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       07-09-2013, 2:53 PM Reply   
Sweet i surf spanish house all the time haha
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-10-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
hit me up kevin... i just bought a house on the street behind longpoint... i surf whiteys everyday and drift down to spanny on noreasters hahaha
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-10-2013, 8:23 PM Reply   
On my way back from surfing Melbourne beach I saw the blue/grey 85 Nautique yesterday on the Indian River, near south Merritt Island... they were kneeboarding. I love going down to Sebastian Inlet and Spanish House, but it's still a pretty far drive, I'm closest to 2nd Light and the Patrick AFB breaks.
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-11-2013, 5:38 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHA, that was us. The one time we have ever brought a kneeboard, we get spotted... At least it wasn't me. That was after a few sets anyways and we had both eaten sh*t and called it. We have been having some good luck with the evening sessions though.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-11-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
HAHA, if there's ever a spot available on the boat, let me know. Add me on facebook, I'll give my contact info there. https://www.facebook.com/eric.anderson.900388
Old     (Waitingxr145)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-11-2013, 9:38 AM Reply   
Yea I ride in the area sometimes. Normally though I trailer over to St. Cloud and ride on trout lake or of course hit up OWC!
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       08-12-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
What's up guys,
I have recently moved from Orlando to Melbourne and would love to get behind a boat at some point.

Owned a boat and camp so I know how it goes and would love to contribute gas, spotter/driver, equipment (got it all except that one necessary piece, the pull) etc. I am good for early morning sessions, after work, weekends, any time there aren't waves.

Thanks,
Derek