Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-02-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
beautiful day ...... surfed a new area ....... chris complained the wake was too long now LOL ..... he had his biggest 2 airs ever ....... we learned the trick to riding switch
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2011, 6:47 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            05-03-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
@Frank - loving the frontside switch

@DJ, is your wake longer? Those wake only pics look different than in the past.

Mitch joined us yesterday, nothing beats playing a little hooky!
Attached Images

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
I"m jealous... we haven't seen the sun here in over a month now.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
yeah jeff ,I got the wake longer ,im working witha private company to make a better wake..Top Secret .my wife is 5,7 and it was shoulder high for her yesterday,It look like the maviricks of wakesurfing,haha..
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Yesterday pulled some air reverses almost all the way 360 ,the longer steeper wake helped and I rode my mini surfboard from stretch ..
Attached Images

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-03-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
DJ, On your switchblade what setting are you using? It gets me wanting one?
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
5 is the the big wake but you can do 3 and 4 for a smaller wake..
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       05-03-2011, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjjamesz View Post
...my wife is 5,7 and it was shoulder high for her yesterday....

Pics of this would be cool...
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-03-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
"...ours goes to eleven...."
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (knuckledragger)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-04-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
5 is the the big wake but you can do 3 and 4 for a smaller wake..
DJ, does your blade settings range from 1-7 or 1-5. I know the newer switchblades came with different controllers than the older ones. Mine only goes to 5 so I was just curious if you got that thing cranked all the way or if it is more like 3 quarters. Also, when you run at a 5, how much/where are you placing other sacs. I find on my Centurion Falcon that if I run with the blade at anything higher than 2 that I need more than 400lbs in the bow...but I'm also running a 1100lb sac in the locker.

Sorry this is a bit off topic for this thread.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
I run the old one at 5 with enzo sac thats 1450 pounds,plus 750 on the back seat and four people in the boat and middle stock..
Old     (knuckledragger)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-04-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
I run the old one at 5 with enzo sac thats 1450 pounds,plus 750 on the back seat and four people in the boat and middle stock..
Thanks for the info. Wow thats a lot of weight at the rear! I'm really surprised your pocket isn't shorter than what it is....guess every boat is different.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-04-2011, 10:32 PM Reply   
today was gorgeous!!

a real short clip of almost LOL

Attached Images

Old    surfdad            05-05-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
Almost a surface reverse! Go Chris! Hey Frank where is that glassy section of the Delta in the picture?
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-05-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
that is bethel harbor marina on bethel island ...... i keep the boat there in the winter because they have indoor storage, they launch it for you and they have covered berths if you want to keep the boat in the water, the picture is looking out towards franks tract, in june i move the boat to holland riverside usually and keep it in the water full time there, both places are 12 minute drives from the house!!
Old    surfdad            05-08-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
That's gorgeous Frank. It was howling today! The wind made it hard to get warm once we were wet.

Some wakesurfing pictures, one roped ollie picture, a little towing and twinzer guitar - a full day!
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-09-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
another great day
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-10-2011, 12:33 AM Reply   
chris landed his first surface reverse 360!! mitch almost rode out his 360 shuv 3 times and i sucked .....
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-11-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-12-2011, 1:38 AM Reply   
one quick run today
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            05-15-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
Nice shots guys. Chris is working hard on his reverses, Frank!

Overcast and now rain for us, again yesterday...but we did glimpse some deer on a hillside.
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-15-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
Awesome guys Braving the Weather!! going today may have to wear a wetsuit in the boat!! chris is so close to putting together a killer run ..... maybe this coming weekend!
Old    surfdad            05-15-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
It was crazy stormy up by us, Frank! We made it out late in the day. A couple of sequence shots. James ollie 3 and I landed a 3! plus the rain across the lake.
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-16-2011, 12:05 AM Reply   
we went out and the weather went from rain, super wind, cold, and then pure glass ....... chris edited his first turn runs and edited mitch and how close he comes to a 3shuv ....... i rode a skimboard and liked it alot ...... enjoy

Attached Images

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
Chris is blowing up!!I can't wait to see what he does at the comp this weekend.
It was so cool to see Frank ride a the Danielo Carbon 60"
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2011, 9:14 PM Reply   
one of the days most memorable moments was when me and chris both yelled at the same time " how do you not ride that out " LOL!!
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-18-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
DJ's wake is effin' huge. Where do you normally ride?
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-18-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
Jeff, I can't believe you went out in that on Sunday!
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
I ride at lake sonama all the time..
Old    surfdad            05-18-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
@ Fiveflat - I know! It was nuts. It was calm for a bit so we saddled up and then got to Hogan in the middle of a storm! Rain, hail and 40 mph winds!
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-18-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
I went out to the Delta, but on my buddies yacht to help him wire up his new inverter that day. I was in a sweatshirt and freezing my arse off.
Old    surfdad            05-20-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
Brian Baker, from North Carolina, is our guest for a few days, he's out to attend the Supreme / CMS West Coast Wakesurf Open this weekend.
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-23-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
we went out sunday after the event was over and we had the entire lake to ourselves it seemed ..... i had brought my camera but never pulled it out for 3 days untill chris and mitch did

the many shots we missed of the many tricks performed behind the boat was staggering ...... from james learning and doing a new trick for the first time to my favorite of the entire trip watching ryan fair ride the flyboy behind the boat for the first time and riding it backside ....... flippin incredible!!!

its so much more fun not to have the camera out but man you sure wish you had all the amazing riders and their performances on film!!

mitch is a great friend who was one of the first people i met personally in the wakesurf community and he has riden with us many times the last year and half ....... i have 2 great shoutouts to him this weekend ...... first the great job he did behind the microphone during the event as the mc ....... second was he finally nailed his first 3Shuv!!!! and i think hes on his way to the 720

and chris's lite version of the 180 reverse 540
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
Thanks Frank! Feels so good to finally land it. and I cant wait to get the front shuv. I had never gotten that close. Sean Cummings was right haha
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-23-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Very cool Mitch and Chris, that was fun to watch. As frank would say, "Flippin' Awesome!". ;-)
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-24-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
chris took these of brian baker ...... he could spray some big time water
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            05-26-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
Brian is such a nice young man, those are great pictures Frank.

First off, you can fall REALLY fast at 22 mph The start of the season is this weekend, so we said goodbye to UNcrowded water.
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-26-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
could you surf at the speed?

we offered james a chance to drown himself yesterday at sc!! he didnt miss much as we only got about an hour and a half of good waves
Old    surfdad            05-27-2011, 5:06 AM Reply   
Well Frank, if you define surfing as 1 turn and falling, then yes, I surfed it BIG TIME. We just got a winch with my ultimate goal of winching into a wave somewhere close to SC. I want to get used to being yanked at speed...mostly I just got yanked and fell. I think James was making money that day, that has more of an appeal for him these days. Chris is really killing it behin the boat, he's come a long way!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-27-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
mitch was telling me about winching in the ocean ....... i would love to drag along with you guys on that trip by meeting up with you there
Old    surfdad            05-27-2011, 4:06 PM Reply   
Yeah Frank you're always welcome. I still have to master getting up on the wakesurfer. Dennis found a video of Josh Sleigh doing it and Josh was standing in mid calf deep water, one foot on the ground the other on the board and then he just sort of leaned back and he was off. I figure I'll have to fall a gazillion times before I can master that! If you and Chris want to join us for that part too, you're welcome, I want to practice that somewhere close, I can fall just as easy here in fresh water as I can down in SC
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-27-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
heck yea were in!! chris has wanted one of those bungeee deals for awhile ...... anything that can offset my size im always interested in!!
Old    surfdad            05-27-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
I'm sorry if I misspoke, this is a winch, not a bungee. The guy who built this said it can pull you at 30 mph! James and Mitch will probably wakeskate mostly with it, but I want to use it to winch myself into a good size ocean wave on my little wakesurfer.

We still have to load the line but we should be ready for prime time in the next week or so.
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-27-2011, 10:50 PM Reply   
i understood it was a winch ....... chris always wanted me to get this bungee and you could use it in some of the same ways ....... http://www.bansheebungee.com/

but that thing looks cool and 30mph!!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-27-2011, 10:53 PM Reply   
heres the skim video of the bungee

from jplagos on Vimeo.

Old    surfdad            05-28-2011, 9:27 PM Reply   
Where is summer for Norcal? Wind and rain, but not many tubers
Attached Images

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-28-2011, 11:42 PM Reply   
Nice winch Jeff! I'm in the process of building one of these for wakeskating, and wakeboarding remote bodies of water! You oughta try wakeskating now! Hit some rails and such, I know you'd like it!
Old    surfdad            05-29-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
LOL - yeah Tony I'd be hitting a rail alright, with my head, chest and arms! I think I'll pass. James and Mitch can do that stuff in their sleep and they'll most likely teach Chris Wolters. They sure look like they are having fun
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2011, 7:15 AM Reply   
I love the Walkers.You guys have a brand new boat and there you are using it out in the rain,I love it.I ride Lake Erie,sometimes the best butter we see is when it is gray and raining,and looking like all hell is going to break loose.There's also rarely any other boats to spoil your fun.Now if I could just convince my riding mates of this.I figure the boat is getting wet from the riders getting in and out of the water and you're already wet from riding,who cares if it's raining.Just as long as there's no lightning and high winds.It's a boat it's meant to get wet.
Old    surfdad            05-29-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Thanks wakebrdjay! We had a blast yesterday, not much lounging in the sun though Like you say, it's a boat, it's made to get wet!

We had Steve and Amy out today, they are down in the area visiting family. I did something and got moisture in the camera so all the pictures of Amy riding are foggy looking.
Attached Images

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2011, 7:00 PM Reply   
Well SD we got Braylin off of the "Log" and at least on the Pearl this weekend at Mojave.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            05-31-2011, 7:37 PM Reply   
Go Braylin!!!! You did good Bryan! She'll be ripping it up in no time.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-01-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
2011 X25. Was able to throw the rope on my second try surfing. Using a Hyperlite Broadcast...
Attached Images