Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (scottieb)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-11-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Just this week, Joes Sporting Goods (formerly G.I. Joes) declared bankruptcy and sold to a liquidator. Coupled with the ongoing bankruptcy of Boater's World, everyone in the Pac NW should be able to snatch up some great deals before the season!

Just thought I'd share...and use the word "snatch"
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
The local Boaters World in Smyrna, GA has their "going out of business" sign up. It's 20-50% right now but I saw one of the employees making signs up to 70% off...most likely for next week.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-11-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Boaters world is a joke. I went in there last week during their 20-50% off sale. I had to get some marine silicone. The sign above the silicone said 20% off on all marine silicone products, the price tag on the marine silicone I chose was $14.95. I went up to the cash register to check out and the total was $15.99 before tax. I was like WTF is going on here, there is an obvious sign above the product saying 20% off, the guy says well that was probably the boaters world price, I said well what about the 20% off then, he says well I don't know..

I say good riddance.
Old    septicwaters            04-11-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Word is, the deals aren't that great yet
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Joes sucks ever since they decided to not sell auto parts & sell cheap chinese mini bikes & ATVs instead.
Good riddance.
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
I agree, On Thursday water sports were 40% off, decided to wait and now there 10%. What a dummy, I feel worst for the people in lines that didn't know better.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
I went out to the "sale" this morning. It's a complete scam. The child's bike I almost bought for my daughter two weeks ago at Joe's, which was then priced at $99, has now been marked up by the liquidators to $149, with a 30% off sticker. That means it's actually $5 more expensive now.
I price checked several other items (shoes, socks, bike helmets, camp stoves) and found similar mark-ups.

Don't shop there!

I SAW THIS POST ON ANOTHER FORUM, THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED..

www.gonnasonboats.com
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-11-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
You guys are seeing exactly what liquidaters do. Jack the price to list or higher then mark down from there. Its fairly normal practice and it sucks.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-11-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
boaters world would sell a brush to clean your boat with that you could get at AutoZone for 1/3 the price..not 1/3 off...1/3 the price. same brush, same label. they deserve to go down