Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Frankcondemslargesloths)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-09-2013, 5:49 PM Reply   
I'm five foot five, and I can't seem to find any vests that are comfortable and not bulky. Right now I'm in a youth size vest and its getting way too small. I can't find many XS or Teen vests that aren't super bulky. Anyone else have this problem? Has to be USCG approved because of our stand up jetski. Any help would be awesome
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-10-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
I run a Costco special HO vest. I'm a bigger guy, but it's a pretty slim, non bulky vest and is USCG approved. Also at Costco they cost like $40-45. It's the same as their HO Pursuit vest, just differently colored.
Old     (Frankcondemslargesloths)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-10-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
I run a Costco special HO vest. I'm a bigger guy, but it's a pretty slim, non bulky vest and is USCG approved. Also at Costco they cost like $40-45. It's the same as their HO Pursuit vest, just differently colored.
I've found that the bigger the size the slimmer it is. My dad has the hyper lite Indy vest in large and it's slimmer than my youth. Any smaller comp vests either.
Old     (mikeab8)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-11-2013, 5:27 AM Reply   
Im about the same height as you and I can't say I've had the same problem. I have a liquid force cardigan and team vests. Both are comp. The team will float me pretty decently, cardigan really doesn't do anything at all. I just got the jetpilot murray and I love that. For a cga it moves in every way you want and doesn't feel bulky on me and isn't super long on you either.
Old     (Frankcondemslargesloths)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-11-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeab8 View Post
Im about the same height as you and I can't say I've had the same problem. I have a liquid force cardigan and team vests. Both are comp. The team will float me pretty decently, cardigan really doesn't do anything at all. I just got the jetpilot murray and I love that. For a cga it moves in every way you want and doesn't feel bulky on me and isn't super long on you either.
Thanks for the suggestions. Im gonna see what's coming out next season and see what's out now. I'm more looking at a new vest for next season so ill definitely look at those.