Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-07-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
Ive recently been having problems with my Cadence 4ch 500w amp which is running my boat and tower speakers. The amp funs fine while the boat is anchored or moving slowly but under speed the amp cuts out immediately. If you unplug the 2ch running the towers and reset the stereo the boat speakers run w/o problem. I've gone through the wiring harnesses and cannot find any problems or loose wires.

My only thought is that my amps seem to overheat at times and cutoff and is it possible that I've done some damage to something internally on the amp?

Im at a loss.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-07-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
what size is your cable running to the amp?
Old    xtigeman            07-07-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
Any possibility that your voltage regulator is overcharging. That or you alternatore is going bad and your volts are dropping below the amp's tolerences. I think it you go done to 10.5 or so it will cut out. Taking the towers down would produce less draw and so you may be staying afloat at around 11 volts or so. If overcharging, amps will cut out in the 16 v range due to protection cricuitry. Overcharge seems less likely do to the fact that you realize performance when you lessen the load.

I would hook a voltmeter up and seenwhat voltage you are running at iddle and what voltage you are running while under full power.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-08-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
Doug - hadnt thought about the voltage regulator or overcharging the amp. THe gauge on the boat reads 13-14 most of the time (though Im aware these gauges are not entirely accurate).

Im currently running the system off 2 Optima Yellowtops and have never had a problem with the system before and I've used it for almost a year now.

Last night while cleaning up the boat I cranked on the stereo and the towers cut off almost immediately.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
Sounds like a short in either the speaker wires or one of the speakers, maybe the vibration at high speed is moving the short around?