Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (deepsouthryda)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-27-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have recently started attempting moby dicks. I am sticking whirlys pretty much everytime so I decided to step up to the md but i am having some unexpected issues. When i approach the wake i am taking about the same approach as if to do a big tantrum or a whirly. I trip at the wake and take it up, then i pull for the handle. I am able to get the handle pass pretty much everytime but after the handle pass, I am rotating and looking for the water and I bust before i am ever able to spot the landing. I don't know if i should maybe taking a harder approach and take it bigger or maybe go for the handle right off the wake or maybe i'm just not spotting the landing right. If someone could help me that would be great. This is really starting to frustrate me.
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       07-27-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
Anytime i've seen someone do a moby dick, they pass immediately off the top of the wake.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-27-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
yup, off the wake or off the kicker you gotta pull that handle at the start of the invert, othwerise its hard to get the full rotation
Old     (deepsouthryda)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
i'll try that today then. because i have been taking up and then pulling the handle and right when i know i should be looking for the water i eat it. hopefully pulling for the handle right off the wake will give me more time to bring it around. thanks!
Old     (bullcrow)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-28-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
get that handle off the wake and it does all the work for you. Just make sure you leave off the top of the wake, leaving early sucks on this one.
Old     (deepsouthryda)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
yeah, i learned that early on. I left early on my second attempt and buried the nose and came out the front for a nice eyelid peeler. lesson learned
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
The key for me on getting this trick consistant was to pass the handle early. But to also pull it accross your body. THis way the crossed up landing is not so awkward. Once I did this it helped me finish my rotation in the right position. Good Luck, Mike
Old     (rob_jacques)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-28-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Try to look at the handle as soon as you pass it. I used to get lost looking for the water on the landing as well until my friend Keith suggested looking for the handle instead. It helped me, maybe it will help you.
Old     (deepsouthryda)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
wow. like THE rob jacques? and like keith lyman? lidberg? i'll definitely take your word for it and try that. thanks!