Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
never really thought I would consider a winch, but I couldn't help notice this beautiful stretch of stream that feeds into the bay. I've never ridden a winch before, but as when I saw this site that was the fist thought that came to mind. I don't have many people to ride with up here, so I was thinkin this might be a good alternative for winter ridin. So my question is...how does the winch work? Is there a throttle on the handle? If I crash does it stay put? Maybe a winter project...any tips would be appreciated
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
2 people to winch.... there is a guy working on a remote throttle to mount on the handle but he has'nt had much luck yet...
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
if you crash the winch stays put, the only downfall is if the driver isnt paying attention you have to swim a ways to get back to the handle, i put a ton of money into mine, i went way over kill. ive heard of people building them for 600$ ive got like 1500$ into mine, if your looking to buy one already done. ive heard that pulldozer winches are awesome, ive also heard that the yankmeister is pretty good . and its a bit cheaper.

http://www.myspace.com/pulldozer

and http://www.myspace.com/yankmeisterwinchco

if you decide to build one, i highly recomend putting a torque converter on it.

ive helped a few people in the process of building one, im out of town right now, but i have some sites bookmarked for a cheap engine that works really well. also a REALLY good line that most people use on a winch for a good price. ill be back home on sunday and if you want them, fire me an email

my email adress is
lfrider92@gmail.com

i would be more then happy to walk you through anything or if you have any questions, just let me know.