Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-09-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
So what does everyone think will happen to new boat prices with the current market conditions? A buddy of mine and me were talking and we both think that you will see manufacturers lower there prices dramatically for 2009. This could in turn make everyone who bought a boat in the last few years stuck with an overpriced boat. What do you guys think? Possible?
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       12-09-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
I have to disagree it think they will make less boats and put more focus on the budget line up.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-09-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
I don't see prices coming down. I agree with liljohn, I think you will see people maybe buying the lower end of the line. That being said, my MC dealer has the same mix of boats on order. I think that the people that are going to buy Xstars, X15's, X35's etc. are still going to do it. I think that the runabout market is going to get soaked. The searay factory across the lake from MC in tennessee is shut down. Boats are stacked up for as far as the eye can see.
Old     (goboating)      Join Date: May 2008       12-09-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
I agree that they won't be lowering prices but they are already planning on cutting production and with that you will see many dealers dis-appear.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-09-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
Well since petroleum is way down, copper is down, and just about everything else is way down, you should see the actual cost to manufacturer the boats come down. Fiberglass, and resin have shot through the roof the last few years... but should be on their way down.

Does that translate to boat prices coming down? HIGHLY DOUBTFUL! These last few years have showed the manufacturers what prices consumers will tolerate. Instead the manufacturers will probably just plan on selling less boats, but making more profit off each boat. Thus offsetting slumping boat sales.

Tige's sales are currently higher than their projected sales. Their sales are significantly higher than this time last year. "I believe this is the highest level of off-season retail sales in the history of the company," - Tigé CEO Charlie Pigeon

That being said... I doubt you'll see them coming down at all. Guess we'll see what the other manufacturers do.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-09-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
I think prices won't go up like they have year after year after year, you get my point. They will lay people off, streamline their operations, and make fewer boats. I don't think they will be lowering their prices. They just need to position themselves for the good times when they come back.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-09-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
There will good prices on leftover 07 and 08 boats dealers have in inventory. Manufacturers have cut back on production for 09 and dealers will carry less 09 inventory. I don't think you'll see dramatically lower prices at all for 09 boats. Supply and demand are working back into equilibrium.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-11-2008, 12:46 AM Reply   
Prices will drop for sure. If the sticker price doesn't change, it'll be incentives that'll make the value turn out better overall. Unfortunately up here in Canada, they're gonna be determining prices based on our dollar. With the resources and energy markets taking a hit, our dollar has slid so we may not see as much of a reduction in prices as would have been the case if our dollar was ten cents higher.

2008 and earlier boats are another story though, i bet you can negotiate some pretty damn good prices for those with dealers that don't want them.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-11-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
The prices will go up just like every year. I am looking to trade my 2007 SANTE 210 for a 2009 but seeing as they raised the price nearly 10K in two years. I don't think I will be upgrading.