Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
I did a survey on supra boats. In it they asked if I liked this possible design for their future boats. I figured I would let you guys see it. To me it seems a little to busy and I absolutly hate the cheeta.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
more stuff
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-09-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
not a fan of the cheetah....at all
the boat graphics are ok
i like the first shield and the desigh under it
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
this is the boats that they i had on my email. i like these a little better than the ones they sent you.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-09-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
It looks fine to me. The pink and black boat is busy. This is just trying to be different since the current over-copied stylings are getting a little old to a lot of people. I'd be just as happy with a solid colored white boat. Styiling is just another thing that doesn't affect the wakeboarding experience but drives up the price of the boat (albeit by a very small amount in this case).

And for what it's worth, that's not a cheetah. Cheetahs are not black. Judging by the length of the tail, that would be a panther. If the tail were shorter, it would be a leopard. I'm not fond of any of the logos but if I had to pick one, I'd pick the first one. The S looks a little silly to me and the first one has the smallest S.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-09-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
hmm, looks a lot like the new MC graphics. The random graffiti look. Cheetah is really lame.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-09-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Interesting. The graphics in my survey were more similar to current ones with the Supra swoosh(22ssv). The medallions and badges were like what you posted though. These do look like a MC copy. I like it, but not sure it is a good idea to copy MC. I agree on the cheetah. I voted against it
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
They had the file saved as suprers_cheetah4. So I it is supposed to be a cheetah.
Old     (scmarketing)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-09-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Gentlemen:

Appreciate your involvement in our study. And thanks for submitting responses.

We sent out over 100 designs to various groups ... for input. While we never anticipated that this would end up on an internet page, we
thank you for the feedback.

For what its worth, we may or may not choose to execute any of the designs that were tested.

I hope this helps you all to better understand our efforts. Your opinion matters to us.

Old     (jillyjam)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-09-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
I love the new "Zipper Boat". True to form, this is Supra's feeble attempt to copy MC's X-Star...nice.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-09-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Way too close to the new MC graffiti look.

And the cheetah....

The cheetah does not equal "Luxury Ski Boat." It says "cheap" and "ghetto" and I don't know if I would have bought a Supra if it looked like that.

Please SC, don't do it!!!!
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-09-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Don't favor the graphics at all. But props to Michael Littman for posting on here! Try something different than what MC does.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-09-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
I got two of the surveys. This is the picture from the second. The first one had a wave curling up toward the front from the back with a wakeboarder jumping off of it.

I think the cheetah sucks.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-09-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
i like the first yellow and black badge, just get rid of the cheetah and center the "s"

that would look cool as a smaller decal on the window, or under the rub rail maybe
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-09-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Are you sure Bruce? You think a badge with an S and line through it is positive? I think it looks like "Do Not Buy a Supra"

Upload
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-09-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
like the boats, hate the logos
Old    nautique226            03-09-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
kinda looks like the new MC logos.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-09-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Wow, it's really cool to get to see these (although I'm betting they didn't anticipate seeing them here :-)). I like the boat graphic, but it does seem a little too similar to the MC graphic.

The top logo is my favorite, but the boarder needs to tweak that grab a little more. I also like the one that says 'Luxury Ski Boats,' but it obviously needs to read 'Luxury Wake Boats!'

Very cool to see that they're bouncing their ideas off of customers like this. How do I get on that list?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
I had not intentions of starting trouble. I mean they sent the survey to me and the only way they would have my email address is from the old build a boat thing. I am betting that they are going to get better advice from this post than they will from alot of the surveys they send out. I actually pmed scmarketing and told him that I would delete the pics if he wanted. He has not responded so I am not going to worry about it.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-09-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
The 'Luxury Ski Boats' one is old...I could swear I have that on mine on the rear bench...
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-09-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
I like this one on the side of the boats without the writing on the bottom. Imagine a silver and black boat with that logo in silver.... Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Bill, yes that is the current design on the rear seat cushion, at least all the non-GG edition boats.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-09-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
matt

i don't think it's negative at all

now if it were red and shaped like an octagon, then maybe ;)

it looks cool, reminds me of an army ranger patch (at least i think that's it)
Old    supra_herman            03-09-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
i like the current graffic on the rear seat cusion today. Those new logos look really cheap. The current silver one looks really good. Please!!! Skiers Choice dont change that logo! The new logos look so cheap!
Old     (djhuff)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-09-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
The one I got had flames coming off of the back of the boat with gothic lettering.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-09-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
My vote's for this one - Clean & Affective...

Upload
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-09-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
damnit, I got the survey but was too late to take it...

I love the MC comments, they dont look like crayola too me!
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-09-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
Looks like thir looking for their own image. I kinda like it. But Marketing 101 tells me that the name "Supra" should be larger on the side of the boat
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-09-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
I did the same survey but the graphics were different, they had a solid front, and the back transition was similar to MC but instead of a straight line, they were flames. Wish I would have saved the pictures.
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-09-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
I agree w/ them looking a bit like MC, that popped into my mind too. The cheeta, ehh, not a big fan. But to me I don't like how some of the emblembs (sp?) look a bit like the Porsche logo, and/or the Ferrari horse.
Old    skiboat21            03-09-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Stick with the stable and basic silver oval with a big fat S in the middle. Don't change the logo for the sake of it. You folks [Supra] have gel schemes and interior mods to think about... And I think it's kinda funny when someone gets up and its imbossed on their back.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
There are different surveys. I believe this is more to test trends than actual design. I would say that it is not all that probable that all of these designs even have a chance.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
Just my opinion, but look toward advancing gel options/colors, etc rather than graphic changes.

No cheetah's, and no MC look alikes.

That is all.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-10-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
The nice thing about the graphic would be you can take them off and still look good, unlike the new MC's where it's part of the gelcoat.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Good point Jamie.

I forgot to mention that I DO like the faded, scallop type gelcoat design up top.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-10-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
Here is what I would like to see

Upload
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-10-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
depointe50ae
That is cool. Actually make that red a solid color all the way and center the badge would actually be pretty sweet. Would look a little like Tige though from a distance.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-10-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
I like the gel coat pattern. I wanted the badge to be larger and split the rubrail but MS paint can only take you so far!
Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-12-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
Its simple, I like it. So what if they're going down the same path as MC did this year. It's about time boats got away from the ugly tribal crap on them. If Malibu doesn't change this year also they'll have the ugliest boats on the water for 2007. Malibu needs to go back to the late 90's early 00's for some classy looking boats.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-12-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
I just got back from the Sacramento show and talk with the Supra people. I told what I've seen on the internet and said I like the gel coat pattern.