Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-11-2006, 5:58 AM Reply   
I am so excited. out of the bayliner into a supra. we went to the boat show, and I was hopeful just to order a moomba lsv, but after seeing both in person my wife let me step into the supra, of course under the condition that I never, ever, regardless even if the boat were to just disappear, would get another boat.

Anyways...
The options I got were
the tower speakers and amp(freebie)
bimini cover(freebie)
rad-a-cage cover(freebie)
heater
perfect pass
tonneau cover

My wife choose the colors, she got the fossil with black accent, sandstone gelcoat with sandstone interior. it should look something like this...

minus the docking lights and cockpit cover, also the hull on this one is white..

a big thanks to eric at lauderdale lakes marina...

(Message edited by gmarkham1 on February 11, 2006)
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-11-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
beauty!!!!!!!! Congrats and welcome to the Supra club.... I remember all those posts sticking up for the I/O's and knew the day would come.... Hey congrats and that will be a beauty. I just sold my 21V that was the reverse of that. Is yours a 21V or a DD? Congrats and you will love it
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-11-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
its a 21v, and I will still defend the i/o's, they are good to start. we just had a baby and I wanted more room. I also didnt want to do all the add ons this time! properly set up an i/o is just as good as some(not all) older dd's that is what I have always said, and I will continue to do so!

thanks!

Now, that doesnt mean I am not thoroughly excited about the new boat!

(Message edited by gmarkham1 on February 11, 2006)
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
VERRY NICE!! Now it's time to update you're profile pic.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-11-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Gordon, I had my I/O for 13 years, it was a good deal for me. Last year I made the switch to a v-drive. I’d say my riding improved a lot, partly due to the boat, partly to a few other factors.

Anyway congratulations on the new boat, you'll have to post some pictures after you take delivery.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Congrats Gordon!
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-11-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
You have no idea how funny your story is to me....I too had a Bayliner a few years ago, although I did upgraded to a used Ski Nautique shortly after getting married. Last year my wife and I went to the boat show to get a Mobius LSV. We too were getting ready to have a baby and my wife wanted something with more space than our DD Nauty had. Once we got to the show she started leaning towards the Supra. We ended up with a Supra SSV under the agreement that this will be the last boat we buy for the next fifteen years. How ironic is that!

Congrats!!!! You will LOVE your Supra....

(Message edited by nauty on February 11, 2006)
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-11-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
Even though I am not a Supra owner, I think they are a really sharp looking boat.... maybe the best looking an the water.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-12-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
Congrats, post pics once you get it!

I also went from an I/O (Maxum) to a vdrive...you will love the change!
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-20-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
Gordon, it took me a while to find this thread but I must say I saw some pics of some of the 21v wakes with weight and I am probably the most excited person on the planet except for you..... maybe. Jk but really I am super excited just let me know if you want to board in the snow or if you want me to chop a line in the ice, CUZ I WILL DO IT!!!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-21-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
thanks scot... i would have emailed you, but I no longer have your current email, also shoot me you phone number, for some reason I lost it!
Old     (mississippireb)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-21-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
My last two boats have been the last boats I'll ever have
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-21-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
Daniel - Im proud of you!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Great choice and nice color combo! Going with the claw graphic?

My '06 will be me last boat for a while, too. lol

PS: Tell Eric and Jesse that Neil says what's up.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-21-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
yeah i guess a few of us no names (naw, chris, etc) have a problem keeping our boats each year... I am going to try this year as well. We will see. Can't wait for another month to start seeing all the pics of everyones new boats showing up...
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-21-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
I agree, Diggs...I am looking forward to getting mine put together as well. I am keeping this one until at least July though!

McFly
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Yeah, Marty's got us all beat...he flips Supra's like crack rocks! I guess being the world's biggest SC dealer has it's perks, huh?

Who am I kidding, my '06 is already for sale and I won't have it until April! lol
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-21-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Sweet boat congrats!

Why did you get Perfect Pass? Don't the new Skiers Choice boats come with the cruise control?

I am either going to get the 21V or 22SSV.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-21-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
I don't think the supra cruise is real great for heavely weighted boats.... have not used, but recomendation to me is still to go with perfect pass
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-21-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
that was the advice I had gotten... I guess until it is proven to work...

I didnt want to wait to get it, find out I need pp then Have to try to explain why I need to spend another 1200$ on my brand new boat... wouldnt go over well... at least this way it is not as obvious to her what it cost!

Yes... I went with the claw graphic!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
The cruise system works great, but as stated, it was never intended to replace perfect pass...but it is a nice standard feature on Supra's for the average user. If you're going to weight your boat, like most on here will, get the PP WB Pro.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-21-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I know I contacted a few of you about this already, but I was trying to get the factory ballast upgraded from the factory....

after contacting my dealer they stated that it is only available after market then sent me the following email...

The center sac from Barefoot Int. is $360 and that weighs 1200lbs. The
rear two sacs are 750lbs a peice and they go for $150. Let me know.

I was hoping to have this done right off the bat so i wouldnt have to worry about it down the road, but if I have to do it aftermarket then I might as well wait!

anyways, anyone have any advice on how to get this from the factory?}}
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Your dealer should be able to order them from SC directly.

Part #105129 (appr 1100lbs)stock 24V center
Part #104876 (appr 600lbs) stock 21V center

Take the factory center bag, put it in one of the rear compartments, put #104876 in the other rear compartment...put #105129 in the center...and hang on.

Or just call Barefoot Int'l and see what they say.

Maybe McFly could confirm those part numbers and the set up?
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-21-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
Thanks Neil..

I guess I will keep working on the dealer, unless anyone else has any advice.

do you need the extra weight for wakesurfing??
I don't ever want to have to manually fill a sac(I know I am lazy!)
Also Is the extra weight necassary? or is just nice to have the extra room to grow into?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
I've never had to manually fill a sack with the 21V, no matter what I was doing....and I ran stock ballast in my '05.

I only surfed a few times, and had it pretty dialed with the port rear ballast filled and like half of the front sack and just played with the plate.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-21-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
Yeah your dealer should be able to get those parts and put them in the boat and charge it in the price of the boat. My dealer has the last two years. You can't get it from the factory like that though. I only filled a bag manually once in the 21V and that was just to make it ridiculous. With the weight set up we have all discussed you will be fine for surfing too.
- Just fill up the desired side and move people over there and fill your front bag half to full and bring your wake plate all the way up. Play around for the best speed to clean the wave, but will be between 9.5-10.5
Hang a person off the side of the tower and it really cleans up nice...
Old    discolafinger            02-22-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
old post or what????
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-22-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
doesnt look old...

all within the last two weeks, most in the last few days...

???
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-22-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
discolafinger is just learning how to use the internet.... new to the board and more importantly a new Supra owner....
Old    discolafinger            02-22-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
i thought it was all black!
Old    discolafinger            02-22-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
ok my bad not diggs boat its gordons might be new to supra but i will look good sighting still
Old     (ewater)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-22-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Huh? What? Who?