Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-09-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
So the family boat, was in the shop to be winterized. During the winterizing process it was also getting basic service. One of the joints in the leg was damaged and had to be either replaced for a price of 1200 or we could try and get it machined. Got the part machined and saved about 6-800 but while the boat was being serviced no one winterized it. We get a call from the dealership saying they didn't drain the block and it's split internal and external.

So the shop is replacing the engine,and if we want to upgrade at all we pay for parts, labour is free. We're thinking of added some extra horses converting from 2-4 barrel. Should give us about an extra 40, putting the total at 215. That and maybe switch to a four blade stainless.

I'm still choked though. This is going to cut into riding time as I'll have to break the engine back in for the first one-two weekends.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-09-2004, 5:31 PM Reply   
Who cares? You get a brand spanking new engine and you're worried about riding time on the first two weekends? How bout the riding time you'll gain when your boat doesn't have a motor problem for the first 3 or 4 years?

Sounds like you've got a pretty good dealership there who just made an honest mistake. At least they're taking care of you the best they can.

There's been enough horror stories on this site about bad dealerships not owning up to mistakes. Stick with the one you've got, and maybe do them a favour with a free plug on this thread.
Old    bambamski            11-10-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
I agree, be thankful you don't have to fight with your dealer and go witht the extra horses. Not often you'll get someone honest enough to admit that kind of mistake.

Take the boat out two weeks earlier and break it in before it warms up enough to ride.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-10-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
"Not often you'll get someone honest enough to admit that kind of mistake."
Amen! I could flame away (from my experiences), but I won't.
Be thankful the guy is stepping up to the plate. It could be MUCH worse.

(Message edited by Phat in Cincy on November 10, 2004)
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-13-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
you dont have to break it in during riding time, just do it before water temps get reasonable. Go for the extra horses and definitely the 4 or 5 blade prop
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-13-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
Yea, it sounds like your dealership takes responsibility. My boat has been in the shop for the past 2 months because our dealer finally commited to granting our warrant.
Old    coach            11-14-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
wow great deal!!! that is a big $$$ fix some dealers would try to get out of it. Best of luck
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-14-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
Yea, Your dealership shuold be the model for all the others.
Give them some props and post thier Business name up here in this post and you should include Address and Phone number as well. Im sure they would appreciate it as well as some others in your area would benefit by having another option to get their boat fixed.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-14-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, I agree with the others, your shop is doing you right. Be happy! As for lost time, why loose time? Isn't the boat getting fixed now? Heck, as soon as you can chip the ice off the lake take the boat out and do the break in so that it will be all set to go once the water warms up to the point that you will actually get in it.

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-16-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
I'm happy they are taking the responsibility. Although now it sounds like they'll be taking new and old components and essentially rebuilding the engine with some new parts. I'm still fine with that. The only reason it's a woe is because it would have take all of 2 minutes to drain the water out, and it's something that shouldn't have happened to start with. As for the break in time, it's often that the boat goes in as early as it's practical so I don't know if I can get it in any earlier. It also depends on the winter.