Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (363coupe)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-07-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
Has anyone purchased for them? I purchased a tower package from them last month and the day I ordered they said that the tower was back ordered till the first of May but they would ship the Bimini, Tower Speakers, & Tower Mirror now. It's been a month and I haven't recieved anything and I've called, emailed, and done the live chat on H20's website and I get ignored when I ask them any questions. The only thing they say is " it should ship the last week of May". When I ask other questions, they never respond.

Kinda getting worried. They have over $2,000 of my money and I can't even get an answer from them.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-07-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
I do a lot of business with them and some of my customers have products that are on back order too. Most likely they don't know exactly when it will be in stock as the items have to go through customs. I wouldn't be worried about getting your stuff but I am not sure when it will get in. I know some of the stuff that was backordered has just came in, but i don't think it all has.
Old     (363coupe)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-31-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Still VERY unhappy with H20 & Aerial. I've had an on going conversation with them for the past 15 days on FB and they're still telling me lies and ignoring questions. Feel free to post your comments in that discussion.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
They F'd up my order like 5x, wouldn't call me back for a day, and didn't tell me my mirror was on backorder for a month until I got my first order.

Crap came in pieces over a 2 month period. Problem was I just ordered a mirror, 2 clamps, and some bolts. Just b/c food lion hires "special people" to pack your groceries doesn't mean you should hire them to pack wakeboat orders. I'll still bet that spent more in shipping 18x than the order was worth
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-08-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
Prediction

Aerial out of business real soon
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
^my prediction too. I have no problem with backorders but thats all they have and they don't tell you. They never said a word about my mirror being backordered and it just kept getting delayed.

I was gonna get one of the 350# bag packages on the cheap. Saw on the website they were backordered. Called in and he didn't say a word. Was just a test to see what was said. I hate that I have one of their crappy towers on my boat. Worst construction I've ever seen
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-08-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Oh, the joys of buying cheap $hit from China. It sounds like they dont' know enough of how it works trying to sell products made overseas in the US.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
^the assult tower is the biggest pos china crap on the planet. Front pieces are held together by 4 #6 set screws on each leg. You tow the thing over 20 min and they rattle loose. Nothing ever stays tight. Maybe I just need to locktite the hell out of everything but shouldn't have to
Old     (suprabobby)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-04-2014, 6:04 PM Reply   
Hi all! Im new here but was searching for reviews on this chop shop
that refers to itself as the biggest on the web! No knowledge idiots in my opinion!
I ordered a tower package in December online and they charge my card emediatly, 30 min later they call me and say its back ordered I ask how long they say ship to me middle of January at latest today being February 4th no tower and no response ( phone call/email ) to tell me anything so I call them to see whats up the same guy answers plays dumb for a bit as he tells me they have nothing yet and he says to me ( dude prob not gonna ship to you till april dude) wtf im not your buddy im a customer wanting his $hit! Lol! I ask what are you guys gonna do for me I think a mirror should work its way in the box for me thats been sitting there for months for the inconvenience. He says I cant do that I can give you a shirt! Again wtf this isnt customer service he then says you already got a great deal I said I just paid the price your company set and I wanna talk to your boss hes says thats the owner I said fine I wanna talk to him he says hes not there I asked when he is going to b he says were hoping he comes in at end of week! Is this a real business or a back door watersport shop out of his basement? I told him not smart to piss people off when your an online business dealing with a loyal community like boaters as blogging this type of business can cripple if not run you out of business so I suggest the owner call me asap or to the blogs I go I may own a supra but I can join all boat forums as we all do and spread the word! Ill let you know what happens all if you guys get anywere with them let me know.
thanks,
Bobby p
Old     (suprabobby)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-04-2014, 6:24 PM Reply   
Does this sound like false advertisement to anybody else? Accepting orders and taking payment for an item that you didnt have to begin with and dont know when youll even get that item to send out? Lol there loss words gonna travel fast!
Old     (suprabobby)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-04-2014, 6:29 PM Reply   
Yes I am talking about H20 sports warehouse. ....or should I say..
H20 sports emtyhouse
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       02-04-2014, 8:44 PM Reply   
I'd put through bolts on your tower!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-04-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Cancel your order and get your money back before it's too late.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-04-2014, 10:07 PM Reply   
^^^Yep. I'd cancel too. Otherwise, it's your fault. You've already read the writing on the wall.
Old     (toocoolgun)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-29-2014, 4:02 AM Reply   
Bobby,
I am currently in the same situation. I purchased a tower and accessories in Jan. When I called they said it would ship mid Mar. then April 15, then April 20 now mid-May? When I call I get the same responses as you. If I would have known it was coming from overseas I would not have ordered. I really hate to cancel and start my search all over again and fight to get my money back. I hope that it is just a matter of getting the ship full before sailing, which they told me that it has set sail and now we have to deal with weather, customs, etc. The other issue I fear is that my order will not be correct and have to battle that. I posted my issue on MCteamtalk and only had a few small bad comments about them and their BBB record seems OK.?
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2014, 5:33 AM Reply   
Hit them where it hurts, call your credit card company and stop payment, file a dispute, etc.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-29-2014, 8:05 AM Reply   
^Yep, if you used a CC then no fighting is involved. Just cancel, and call your CC company if they give you any trouble.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-29-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
I hate to say it but, so far as Aerial is concerned, you get what you pay for if you're lucky. I helped a buddy put one on his boat after I told him what he was getting into. He's a cheap skate and purchased one anyway. It was, as I told him, a POS. They are unbelievably thin and poorly constructed. The welds had bent the tubes and it would not go together. It took a month to get a replacement section. It seems he got "lucky" to get it that "quick".

I'm surprised they are still in business. I guess the idea of paying half price for a tower is just too big of a draw for people to pass up. Personally, coming from a POS tower (the original Metcrap Tige tower) I set out to find a super strong tower. It wasn't cheap but, it's still one of the strongest 4 point towers I've ever come across. The money is long gone and I've made more of it. What's left is a good investment. Considering how much crap we all put on our towers these days and who has to sit under it, cheaping out on a tower seams like a really bad idea.

Just sayin.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-06-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
It really is sad to hear this company is not real responsive. I bought one of their aerial assult towers and I will say they shipped it right out and as for the way it fits seems ok I still use my original bimini. However it does have movement which I am not happy about but it holds up I have pulled both my son and his friend doubles with at least 300+ pounds and it sways but holds up.

My last boat was a VLX and with the lead and amount of weight I couldn't pass a marina without stopping for gas. The fuel consumption was horrible and I got a offer to good to pass up so I sold it and found a I/O that works well for us. The tower on the VLX was rock solid never moved never had to be tightened so understand the difference is apples and oranges.

Will it work if they get it to you sure will you be tightening it and worried it may snap off I always am so I always try to keep an eye out on it. Again mine is the assult I can not speak for anything other then it.

Good Luck,
Old     (MK)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-20-2015, 2:52 PM Reply   
wow! I wish I read this thread before purchasing my Aerial tower. I ordered it thru H2O Sports Warehouse two day ago. They called me today to tell me it will be shipped at the end of May. WTF! their website said 3 day shipping, and nothing about a back-order. I then called Aerial and "John" I think it was was even more useless. Both the guys at H2O and Aerial seem they are just 20-something duuuudes running a business on a laptop and a phone from their mom's basement.

I think it's complete BS that they dont tell you they are on back-order. Did everyone on this thread eventually receive their orders?
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-21-2015, 6:38 AM Reply   
I am telling you, do NOT actually expect your tower end of May. Yes, you will definitely still get it but don't be shocked if June comes and you still don't have it. This has been the way with them for the last 3 years. I used to sell a TON of Aerial stuff but their Customer SErvice just went to crap.
Old     (MK)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-21-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
OK thanks! I'm going to demand a refund and order a Big Air "Vapor" tower. Anyone know anything about them?
Old     (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       04-22-2015, 6:58 AM Reply   
They are the worst company around. I spoke with the owner a couple of times last year for my previous boat...nothing but lies and excuses came from his mouth. I would never order from them again.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-22-2015, 11:47 AM Reply   
MK, i sell them on OnlyInboards. Big Air is a great company. No worries there.
Old     (MK)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-22-2015, 7:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Ian! I cancelled my order with H2O for Aerial products and ordered a Big Air Vapor. Ordered it yesterday, it should be here on Friday. That makes me happy Hope it's good stuff.