Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-20-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
".Look at my picks this week. I only got 1 game wrong out of all the games."

No offense dude, but that isnt anything special for this past week. I play in a pickem league with 50 people. There were about 15 people who missed only one game this past weekend, and 1 who hit every game. Missing one game doesnt make you a psychic. After all, you said peyton manning was done.
I agree. Those games weren't difficult to pick, especially when you are just picking winners and losers without worrying about the spread.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-20-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
".Look at my picks this week. I only got 1 game wrong out of all the games."

No offense dude, but that isnt anything special for this past week. I play in a pickem league with 50 people. There were about 15 people who missed only one game this past weekend, and 1 who hit every game. Missing one game doesnt make you a psychic. After all, you said peyton manning was done.
No offense taken.None of the so called experts on here came close.As for Peyton he would be done if he was playing behind the Dallas line.I didn't say i was a psychic,just more correct than the other EXPERTS on here.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-21-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
None of the so called experts on here came close
Yeah I was way off with my two missed picks.

Quote:
As for Peyton he would be done if he was playing behind the Dallas line.
Seriously Bobby, just admit you "weren't even close" on this one.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-21-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
I didn't pick who I though would win. I picked who I wanted to win.

Bobby, after week four you said the Hawks wouldn't win 1/2 their games going forward... You've also said we wouldn't make the playoffs... Still stand by all that?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-21-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
Pics this week.

RGlll vs Boys = Unhappy T - Day for Dallas.

Seattle @ Miami - Seattle

San Fran @ New Orleans - Saints

St Louis @ Arizona - Arizona
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-21-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
HOUSTON,DALLAS,PATRIOTS,JAGUARS,COLTS,BROWNS,BENGA LS,BRONCOS,SEAHAWKS,FALCONS,BEARS,RAVENS,RAMS,49ER S,PACKERS and PANTHERS This week.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-21-2012, 6:39 PM Reply   
You guys are hilarious.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-22-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
So here 49ers fans are going crazy. I want to know who the Seahawks fans want the 49ers to start at qb. Look out cause kap is in. This could be really good and push the 49ers over the top or this could be a big mistake. Very excited to see what happens on Sunday.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
28-3 at the half Bobby. Better drink up this ones not getting better.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-22-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Man romo is horrible!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-22-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Man Sanchez is horrible too! Maybe there is a market for Alex smith
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-23-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
I want to know who the Seahawks fans want the 49ers to start at qb
I don't think it really matters to us who starts at QB but if you could start your back up running back that would be good. Gore always plays so damn tough against us.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-25-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Friggen Hawks looked pathetic today. Getting real tired of watching their fragile little egos crumble on the road.

Now all I have to look forward to is a possible Niner loss to New Orleans.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-25-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
No kidding. Complete garbage today.
And the worst part? Now I have to root for the 9ers... although, even if everything lines up and we sneak into the playoffs, I'm not sure I want to be there. Not after seeing them puke away this game.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-25-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Go Hawks!!!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-25-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
Cliff I thought your win against the fins was supposed to be an easy victory?

Bahahahaha.

About time the Dolphins won another game. It's just as painful to be a fan of them as it is the seahawks. I can promise you that/
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-25-2012, 4:16 PM Reply   
Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner are facing 4 game suspensions for Aderall use.It's a Amphetamine drug banned by the NFL.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-25-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
49ers are laying the wood on the Saints.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-25-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Chicago looked good today too! I thought they would have a tougher time with a Division opponent.
Old    sperbet            11-25-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
Niiiiiiineeeeers!!!! Taking care of business on the road. GREAT win!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-25-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
I didn't pick who I though would win. I picked who I wanted to win.

Bobby, after week four you said the Hawks wouldn't win 1/2 their games going forward... You've also said we wouldn't make the playoffs... Still stand by all that?
Yep! Here comes Da Bears!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-25-2012, 10:18 PM Reply   
I wish my Rams were as good against the rest of the NFL as they are against NFC West opponents!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2012, 3:29 AM Reply   
Looks like the Giants just own the Packers.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
The Niners looked really good. Two weeks in a row the defense is back to playing its "A" game. When they get pressure and hit hard it creates turn overs which helps the offense so much. The niners are set up pretty good now. They got through what I thought would be a tough stretch with the Bear and Saints. Now they could still probably lose a game and get the number 2 seed. Kap looked decent. He has a cannon for an arm and I believe he will only get better.
THe niners really have two tough games left on their schedule. The pats and Seahawks. Hopefully the Hawks will be out of it by the time the niners play them and now that their cheating corners are out for four games the Niners should have an advantage in that game even on the road.
Basically as long as the defense keeps playing like they have the last two weeks we should have nothing to worry about.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-26-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
Not sure they've actually suspended them yet but if they do I'm not even gonna subject myself to the beating we'll recieve in Chicago this week.

Niners looked straight up dominant last night. What a difference a week makes... Hawks look like crap and NIners look Superbowl bound.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
I am blown away by the skills shown by Colin Kaepernick over his first two starts against two good teams with one on the road. He certainly looks like a super star QB in the making. IMO, it's clear that the 49ers need to transisition to Colin. What's unclear is what to do with Alex Smith. Do you bench him and deal with the drama OR do you trade him away to get something for him now?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-26-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I am blown away by the skills shown by Colin Kaepernick over his first two starts against two good teams with one on the road. He certainly looks like a super star QB in the making. IMO, it's clear that the 49ers need to transisition to Colin. What's unclear is what to do with Alex Smith. Do you bench him and deal with the drama OR do you trade him away to get something for him now?
I would definitely put him on the market. Philly, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Seattle are needing a decent QB.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
The trade deadline has come and gone. Smith will be a back up the rest of the way, unless Harbaugh goes back to him.

Cliff you could always jump on the niners band wagon. Support the NFC west since the Hawks arn't going anywhere.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-26-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
Is Kap the guy for this team right now though? He is a young guy, who is more mistake prone then alex smith. When the big games come up, do you want to rely on your defense and a mistake free offensive game, or your defense, and a guy who can put up a bit more on the offensive side, but can give it away just as easily.

I dont see alex smith being drama material for thie remainder of the year. I think he will be quite valuable to this niners team down the stretch.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
I thought that Kapp would be turnover prone. But he just has had the one pick. Other then that he has looked totally in control. I knew he had a rocket for an arm, but what has surprised me is his touch on passes. Add his ability to escape pressure and I think he is the choice for this team. It just comes down to the fact that he completes passes that Alex Smith cannot throw.
Old    sperbet            11-26-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Not sure they've actually suspended them yet but if they do I'm not even gonna subject myself to the beating we'll recieve in Chicago this week.
Pretty sure they can appeal the suspension. If there is a suspension it likely won't be until next season after the appeal process has played out. Same thing happened to MN a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Do you bench him and deal with the drama OR do you trade him away to get something for him now?
Not exactly how this will play out the rest of this season, however, Alex is likely gone after the season is over. He's due a $7m roster bonus on April 1 and counts about $9.5 toward the cap. He'll be traded or released before that April 1 date. The $9.5 M will be used to re-sign/extend a couple of key defensive players.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2012, 3:16 PM Reply   
The NFL is rough on Seattle. Remember the Super Bowls [the fix was in] they lost. I don't think the suspension process will take that long,but it will or won't be in effect after the Chicago game for sure.As for Kaepernick ,he is money.A very accurate and decisive QB with a rocket arm.He definitely is the better choice between Smith and him.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
Yes, Alex is gone before that April 1 "fiscal cliff". So, his fate is very clear unless something happens to Colin.

BTW, I think KAP's decision capability has been amazing. So far, I have seen only one bad move after that bad snap which I am sure he will learn from. I am so looking forward to watching this guy develop as the #1 QB.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-26-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Oh Jeremy... you know Wilson aint going anywhere anytime soon.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-26-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
Wilson looked great. Too bad our idiot OC ran the ball the last 9 first down plays we had for a total of like 20 yards or something. Wilson has proven to be a good decision maker who values the ball security. It is pretty easy to see why Miami shut down our running game. We got stuck with way too many 2nd and 3rd and longs. Bevel has proven to be a bum and has cost this team at least 1 if not 2 wins. What is crazy is that Seattle is still in the playoffs as of right now. If they beat Chicago this week(big arse if) they will be right in the mix for the 5th seed in the playoffs with 3 of the 4 remaining games at home.

As for the CB's being suspended, it may get delayed but for how long? Who knows? If they don't get suspended immediately the hawks might not make the playoffs, if they get suspended later they might not have a chance in the playoffs. One thing that is interesting is that Seattle easily has the deepest secondaries in the league. If Browner and Sherman are suspended they have a former pro bowl CB in trufant and a starter quality corner when he is healthy in Walter Thurmond. The crazy part is those 2 might not even be the one's who start CB if and when the 2 starters get suspended. Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell fit closer to what the current starters do as in your face, physical, press coverage CB's who can tackle. While I think we will definately miss Sherman and Browner as I think they are the best CB duo in the league the drop off might not be near as far as what most teams would endure with the loss of 2 pro bowl level CB's.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2012, 7:51 PM Reply   
Da Bears are "TOUGH AT HOME"!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Alex Smith is not loosing his job because he got hurt.
Smith is a seasoned B-plus QB with B-plus potential.
Kaepernick is a rookie A-minus QB with A+ potential.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-26-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure Smith is not worth anything in a trade. He is a boderline starter without any upside. Matt Flynn probably has more trade value at this point. Smith would be a top level backup QB though if he is willing to take a huge pay cut. I just don't see any team paying him starter money unless it is a stop gap.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
I agree. Smith is an ideal backup QB for most teams but not for the 49ers since he was once a starter. Under Harbaugh, he's a B+. Under most others, he is likely a B at best.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-27-2012, 9:44 AM Reply   
Frestrating weekend all the way around for Seattle sports fans culminating in a blown 4th quarter lead. Sherman and Browner must have had somethign else on their mind because they were not their usual self at all. The roughing the pass call on ET was total BS which didn't help but we still should have been able to hold the lead. I can't figure out why Bevel didn't start calling my short pass plays to halfbacks, they were working so well and the run was stuffed all day. Wislon continues to impress and is showing what he is going to become. We needed this game with the Bears coming up and to top it off all the teams who are in the hunt with us lost! If i'm honest I think we have a less than 50% chance of beating the bears on the road, at home would be different but its not at home. We should be studying the crap out of the Bears/SF game for sure.

No one really wanted Smith after he had a good season last year and tested the market so why would they want them now. Just suck it up SF and have a high paid back up QB sitting behind a rookie
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-27-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Alex Smith's contract which has a $7M bump on April 1, 2013 will likely force him off the team.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...blockID=675216
Old    sperbet            11-27-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
BOOYAAA! Bowman extended 5 years. Already spending that money. So glad I get to continue to watch the best ILB duo in the NFL for years and years to come. Well done 9ers!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-28-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
Today is the day will it be Smith or Kap? Talk about a change in two weeks. I was concerned about Kap two weeks ago with turnovers. Now I trust him more then Smith. I sure hope Harbaugh picks Kap. I know Kap will still make some mistakes but I think his big play abillity makes up for that fact. Plus the more experience he gets the better he will be. Once thing is for sure if the offense can score some points it will make the niners pass rush that much better.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-28-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
Kaepernick to start as 49ers QB on Sunday at Rams

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kaepern...1584--nfl.html

YES!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-28-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
WEEK 13 PICKS

THURSDAY @ 8:20

NO @ ATL - This is a tough one,but a bird usually plays better at home.I'll take the Falcons in this one.

SUNDAY @ 1:00

SEA @ CHI - These birds are away from home.I'll take Da Bears.
HOU @ TEN - Texans will be standing tall at the end of this game.
NE @ MIA -Fish can handle birds but not fighting MEN. I'LL take the Patriots.
JAC @ BUF -Jaguars have been hot,but cold weather wins belong to the Bills.
IND @ DET - Lions are due,but LUCK will be in the Colts hands this week.Indy win!
CAR @ KC - Panthers will be the fat cats in KC.Carolina wins!
MIN @ GB - Packers need this win.GB will get it too!
SF @STL - They tied last time.Kaepernick will make the throws necessary for the 49ers to win.
ARI @ NYJ -The Jets continue their roller coaster ride with a win this week.

SUNDAY @ 4:00

TB @ DEN - Manning will show Freeman how to win.Bronco's win!
PIT @ BAL - Big Ben is trying to give it a go,but Suggs will finish him if he plays.Ravens win at home[birds at home]
CIN @ SD - Chargers gave the Ravens all they could handle last week but Bengals have more bite and win on the road.
CLE @ OAK - Mc Fadden is trying to practice,but that won't be enough. Browns up their win total this week.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:20

PHI @ DAL - Eagles haven't been soaring lately.With Jackson out,Babin gone and Foles starting Dallas should win this one.

Monday Night @ 8:30

NYG @ WAS - Giants have the hot hand and the better Defense.Giants win!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-01-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Seattle @ Chicago - AAAAAAARRRRGH! I gotta pray my Hawks pull it off.

San Fran @ St Louis - Another crazy pic for me. Goin with St Louis.

Arizona @ NY - I'll round off my non nonsensical pics by going with Arizona.

Hawks need to figure a way to pull this one off. Can't take another road loss....
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-01-2012, 6:23 PM Reply   
I predict a 49er route over the Rams -- they will be making a statement about CK and the prior tie.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-02-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Hell yeah Hawks. Russell Wilson is a certified stud. Bobby, Wilson is already better and more clutch than your boy Romo.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
What an amazing win! Talk about showing heart when it really mattered. Not once but twice and in Chicago no less. Anyone who thinks Wilson isn't an uber talented qb after this game is crazy.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-02-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
HAWKS!!!! and down go the 9ers!!!

Last edited by digg311; 12-02-2012 at 1:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
And San Fran goes down....

I've said before and I'll say it again, what a difference a week makes!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
Oooookkkkkkkaaaayyyyy!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-02-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
The Rams defense sure looks better than their record.

Colin had a tough day. Alex would have had an equally tough day. Glad Colin is getting more experience. I believe he is a future NFL star.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
Man who'd figure the Rams would play SF so tough. We need to watch that game film.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-02-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
Could be the sweetest Ram win I've ever witnessed (outside of the Super Bowl). The people at The Tavern in Encinitas thought I was crazy, but they were very cool to accommodate use throughout a fifth quarter of football!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-02-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
"Man who'd figure the Rams would play SF so tough. We need to watch that game film."

Thats two games in a row. Jeff fisher has changed the culture in that locker room. Rams are a playoff team next year. Even in that tough division, i think they have enough to get in next year.

Today was a tough one. Lots of "upsets" and tough games. Now lets hope the cowboys dont blow it against a terrible eagles team.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-02-2012, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Hell yeah Hawks. Russell Wilson is a certified stud. Bobby, Wilson is already better and more clutch than your boy Romo.
Stud? Here's the facts COLD WILLY. Russell Wilson 280 ATT 178 COM 2344 YRDS 8 INT 19 TD'S.
Another rookie who has his team at 8-4 Andrew Luck 3205 yards 13 td's 13 int's and a QB rating of 76.7. As for Romo against the Bears he was 31 of 43 for 307 yards and one td in regulation.Wilson was 23 of 37 for 293 and 1 td in regulation and 1 in OT against a severely depleted Chicago D.As for this week Romo was 22 of 27 for 303 yards and 3 td's in regulation.As for the Season Romo is in a different zip code from Wilson.Romo is 483 att and 324 com for 3660 yards with 19 TD's and 19 int. Your stout cornerbacks allowed Brandon Marshall 10 for 165 yards.I'd say he won that battle against the soon to be suspended CHEATERS.With Arizona,at the Bills ,49ers and Rams left you should finish 8-8 or worse depending on when the CHEATERS start sitting.Just like Peyton Manning i don't think Russell Wilson could survive behind the Cowboys line.Another FACT.......Romo is the all time TD leader for the COWBOYS 169 to 166 for Aikman who is second only Tony did it in 87 games as compared to Aikmans 166 games.Not to mention Aikman had the NFL's ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER in EMMITT Smith.As far as INT's Romo has 4 more than Aikman.Aikman does have 3 more Superbowl wins than Seattle's team has though.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-02-2012, 10:25 PM Reply   
Romo is in a different zip code? Dude... you're high.

Their completion percentage is almost identical... RW: 63.4 TR: 67.1
They both have 19 TD's but Romo has over TWICE as many interceptions... (8 vs 15)

Russ has a higher QBR.

RK PLAYER TOTAL QBR
11 Russell Wilson, SEA 65.3
12 Drew Brees, NO 64.3
13 Tony Romo, DAL 64.2

You're always saying you give the "facts".... These ^^ are the FACTS. Deal with them. Your man crush is statistically about the same (or slightly behind) a Rookie who's played a TOTAL of 12 NFL games IN.HIS.LIFE... 12.

Credit where credit is due. Wilson is most definitely proving to be a stud.

"Everyday I'm Russellin!"
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2012, 5:10 AM Reply   
What you fail to understand is Seattle has the #4 overall defense and the # 7 rushing offense.Hint Russell Wilson is always in a close game and can count on his defense. That equals no pressure.Tony Romo on the other hand is playing with the #30 rushing offense and a beat up defense that has become easy to score on.Hence he's always under pressure if not from his beat up O line that is one of the most penalized lines in the league.He's playing from a deficit because of his porous defense.Yet Romo still performs,they know he's going to pass and he has a make shift line yet he succeeds.Russell Wilson is a good QB and he's from Richmond VA where i live.I don't hate him,i just can't compare him to a player like Romo or even Andrew Luck.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-03-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Bobby, one thing you kept bringing up way earlier in this thread was division record. Do you realize your in division record means almost nothing? Winning the division is based off of total record as is the wild card. Seattle right now has a one game lead in the wild card race but in essence has a 1.5 game lead because they currently hold the tie breaker over TB, Minnesota and Dallas not to mention the head to head tie breaker over both GB and Chicago which one of is going to be a wild card team. Seattle has a great shot at the playoffs right now and Dallas continues to be on the outside looking in.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What you fail to understand is Seattle has the #4 overall defense and the # 7 rushing offense.Hint Russell Wilson is always in a close game and can count on his defense. That equals no pressure.Tony Romo on the other hand is playing with the #30 rushing offense and a beat up defense that has become easy to score on.Hence he's always under pressure if not from his beat up O line that is one of the most penalized lines in the league.He's playing from a deficit because of his porous defense.Yet Romo still performs,they know he's going to pass and he has a make shift line yet he succeeds.Russell Wilson is a good QB and he's from Richmond VA where i live.I don't hate him,i just can't compare him to a player like Romo or even Andrew Luck.
What you fail to understand is "so what"? Seattle has the #7 rushing offense? That only explains the discrepancy in the number of attempts. Their completion percentage is the same. All season long Defensive plans against the Hawks have been to "pressure the rookie QB"...
No question the Hawks have a better D. But to say that means "no pressure" is just silly. Especially when you're talking about a rookie. The fact that he doesn't seem to be affected by the pressure is EXACTLY what we're talking about. Yesterday, he made 2 HUGE drives... the first to take the lead at the end of regulation, and the the second in OT after the D let him down with less than :30 in the game. Stud.

I like Luck, but to say RW doesn't compare is nonsense. Wilson's completed way more of his passes than Luck. Wilson's TD-to-interception ratio is awesome, while Luck's is even. In QBR, he's up 17.2 more than Luck.

And he's getting better with each game. First 8 games- 10 TDs and 8 INTs.
Last 4 games- 9 TDs and 0 INTs.
4 games in a row with a passer rating over 100, 5 in a row with it over 90-something...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Bobby, one thing you kept bringing up way earlier in this thread was division record. Do you realize your in division record means almost nothing? Winning the division is based off of total record as is the wild card. Seattle right now has a one game lead in the wild card race but in essence has a 1.5 game lead because they currently hold the tie breaker over TB, Minnesota and Dallas not to mention the head to head tie breaker over both GB and Chicago which one of is going to be a wild card team. Seattle has a great shot at the playoffs right now and Dallas continues to be on the outside looking in.
No kidding. By Bobby's standards, the Rams are the gold standard. They're 4-0-1 in the division.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
The niners gift wrapped that game for the Rams. They didn't put them away in the first half when they were dominating. And as much as I like Kap he made the death blow that I had forseen coming. Young player bad mistake. Still the safety call was a bad call. THe niners could have put them in complete control of everything with a win but instead they probably have to win all four games to get a first round bye. Gonna be tough with games at Seattle and New England.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2012, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
What you fail to understand is "so what"? Seattle has the #7 rushing offense? That only explains the discrepancy in the number of attempts. Their completion percentage is the same. All season long Defensive plans against the Hawks have been to "pressure the rookie QB"...
No question the Hawks have a better D. But to say that means "no pressure" is just silly. Especially when you're talking about a rookie. The fact that he doesn't seem to be affected by the pressure is EXACTLY what we're talking about. Yesterday, he made 2 HUGE drives... the first to take the lead at the end of regulation, and the the second in OT after the D let him down with less than :30 in the game. Stud.

I like Luck, but to say RW doesn't compare is nonsense. Wilson's completed way more of his passes than Luck. Wilson's TD-to-interception ratio is awesome, while Luck's is even. In QBR, he's up 17.2 more than Luck.

And he's getting better with each game. First 8 games- 10 TDs and 8 INTs.
Last 4 games- 9 TDs and 0 INTs.
4 games in a row with a passer rating over 100, 5 in a row with it over 90-something...
What you fail to see is the Seahawks have a better O-line than the Cowboys or the Colts.The Seahawks have a better running game than the Colts or the Cowboys. The Seahawks also have a better defense than the Cowboys or the Colts.Hence the Seahawks have a more balanced attack.Down and distance dictate wheather or not they will pass or not.Russell Wilson is only under pressure at the end of the game when the Seahawks are behind.Romo and Luck are under constant pressure because of their defense and lack of a running game as well as their O-lines.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
No kidding. By Bobby's standards, the Rams are the gold standard. They're 4-0-1 in the division.
At the beginning of the year you said Seattle would win the division.I said it would be the 49ers.Division record counts then.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-03-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
IMO, the RAMs defense played the NINERs tough just like they did 3 weeks earlier and the 49ER coaches made not adjustments to deal with the problem. Either QB would have had trouble and made mistakes and suffered.

KAP's two mistakes were both bad calls...
1) the safety was not a safety.
2) the pitchback should have never been called that deep in their territory with the way the RAMs were playing defense.

The additional team/coach mistakes were...
1) so many holding penalties setting up 3rd and long.
2) so many useless runs up the middle and off tackle setting up 3rd and long.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-03-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12...upset-of-49ers

"Gore, who had 43 yards on his first three runs, had 24 yards on his final 20 carries. Meanwhile, Kaepernick, who was sacked three times, didn’t have time to locate his downfield targets"
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
To me this game against the Rams reminded me so much of the NFC championship game. If the pitch play didn't happen I just couldn't see the Rams marching down the field and scoring a TD and 2 point conversion. Just like last year I couldn't see the Giant driving the length of the field without the turnover help. Hopefully the defense can continue to be awesome and we can sweep these four games with some offense help. The defense only game up six points in 5 quarters. You are supposed to win and win big when that happens.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
At the beginning of the year you said Seattle would win the division.I said it would be the 49ers.Division record counts then.
I don't think I ever said that. Show me the post. I've always HOPED we could take the division... still do. Never said it would happen.

If you really wanna start a list of things people said in this thread that have been clearly proven wrong over the course of the season, I think you're gonna find your own name at the top of it.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-03-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
"If you really wanna start a list of things people said in this thread that have been clearly proven wrong over the course of the season, I think you're gonna find your own name at the top of it."
hahaha
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
Go to NFL.com and check out the weekly passing leaders Romo has a 150.7 rating highest of any QB this week.That is as current as you can get.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
Congrats. He really put on a show barely squeaking by the Eagles. You all must be so proud.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-03-2012, 5:47 PM Reply   
He really laid it to the Eagles (a team that fired it's DC and is on a 6 or 7 game losing streak).
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2012, 6:27 PM Reply   
Hey Bobby, pull up their passer rating for the whole year or how about QBR and report back. Your "just the facts" stats reporting is always conveniently slanted. Did I we mention he's a rookie. The way he's headed he just maybe able to overcome the east coast bias for Rookie of the Year
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-03-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
Heck, i dont think wilson will even crack the top 5 for rookie of the year. Its a long list this year.
Dougie, luck, rg3, alfred morris, wilson.
Well, maybe top 5!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
As well as Martin and Morris are playing its going to be a QB with all they hype around these three.

Right now passer rating:
RG3 is 3rd in the league
RW is 7Th
Luck 29th
(and just for fun Romo is 13th)
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-04-2012, 4:09 AM Reply   
Using that logic RGIII should have the best record and stats,but he doesn't.Redskins are 6-6,Seahawks are 7-5,COLTS are 8-4.Romo has thrown for the most yards.Passer rating is over rated.QB's are remembered for yards thrown.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-04-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Qb's are remembered for Super Bowl and playoff wins. Both of those are what Romo is lacking. I would hope he has a lot of passing yards this season seeing as they can't and don't run the ball.
Old    sperbet            12-04-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
QB's are remembered for yards thrown.
No they aren't. They're remembered for playoff and Superbowl wins. Stats mean little to nothing if you're team is consistently losing, not making the playoffs or losing in the playoffs.

Passing stats are completely blow out of proportion in today's NFL. Teams are throwing more and more and running less and less. Not to mention, many times QBs of losing teams have high passing yards. Why? Because their team is getting blow out of the water by the middle of the second quarter and they completely abandon the run.

This sums it up best IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2i9mMoxeQs
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Using that logic RGIII should have the best record and stats
Thats just an idiotic inference to make

Quote:
but he doesn't
Yes he does He has 23 total TD's against 4 INT's with over 700 yards of rushing to go along with it. If those aren't the best stats I don't know what to tell ya. Last time I checked scores win games not passing yards. I know you haven't actually convinced yourself that total yards is more imortant the passer rating.

So in your mind we would define the best QB in the league simply by whom has thrown for the most yards? C'mon Bobby