Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-07-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
I currently have just Four Winns 210ss open bow boat with no tower. I have a pretty decent stereo in it 2 Sundown sa12's with kicker zx1500.1 on them in ported enclosure's. Also 8 polk audio db 651's with a sudown sax 100.4d pushing them.

I manily just crusie out the hangout and relax with friends. Not much riding at all.

I want a wakeboard type boat for the tower speakers and more capacity. But I still need room for at least one 12" sub in a ported enclosure and a couple extra batteries. So what boat offers this???

Thanks
Brad
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
All of them.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786996

Might want to start there. Really though you can throw a big system in any wakeboarding boat like Hate stated.
Old    alanp            09-07-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
this has to be a joke
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-07-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
No it's not a joke just wondering what boat has the most room for stereo system. How hard is that to understand????
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
ok. just put a tower on your four winns. you can put a stereo in any wake boat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-07-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
Look at Epic's, 8 speakers on the transom to start with: http://www.epicboats.com/
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
But I still need room for at least one 12" sub in a ported enclosure and a couple extra batteries. So what boat offers this???
I answered this question. If thats all you want you won't run into a boat that can't accomplish this on some level.

Where do you want the sub located? Do you care if its sealed or band pass?
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-07-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
As hate said, all of them. With a big enough budget, you can custom anything. Your question should be "what can I get for this price? " then figure out how much equipment you will have. But you if you are basing your boat buying decision on on how much stereo equipment will fit, Mastercraft makes this, should be able to throw a lot of equipment in it

http://www.mastercraft.com/300/
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-07-2011, 2:06 PM Reply   
As an installer I would suggest a malibu or master craft as they offer the most room for a stereo in a wake boat.

Master Craft has compartments on both driver and pass side of the boat driver's side make for a great place for amps and passenger side can fit up to 4 12's sealed enclosure. We have an X2 with 5 12s, 9 amps, 8 batteries, 12 tower speakers.
Malibu has a large passenger compartment that can hold amps and subs, plus enough room for subs in the driver's foot well total of 4 between the 2 areas would work great or run 2 15's in ported enclosures 1 on each side, we have a Malibu 23LSV with 2 15" subs, 10 amps, 8 batteries and 24 tower speakers.

Would these boats have enough room for your needs? If not I would look into the 28 foot Chaparrals (open bow) with enough room for all the above and the kitchen sink, if it didn't have one already.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post
this has to be a joke
hahahaha..my thoughts exactly.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2011, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_jr View Post
As an installer I would suggest a malibu or master craft as they offer the most room for a stereo in a wake boat.

Master Craft has compartments on both driver and pass side of the boat driver's side make for a great place for amps and passenger side can fit up to 4 12's sealed enclosure. We have an X2 with 5 12s, 9 amps, 8 batteries, 12 tower speakers.
Malibu has a large passenger compartment that can hold amps and subs, plus enough room for subs in the driver's foot well total of 4 between the 2 areas would work great or run 2 15's in ported enclosures 1 on each side, we have a Malibu 23LSV with 2 15" subs, 10 amps, 8 batteries and 24 tower speakers.

Would these boats have enough room for your needs? If not I would look into the 28 foot Chaparrals (open bow) with enough room for all the above and the kitchen sink, if it didn't have one already.
As a installer i can tell you haven't installed many stereos in many boats as all wakeboard boats fit your description.They just have different manufacturers.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-07-2011, 3:59 PM Reply   
Come on, guys. Let's give the guy a serious answer. The ONLY boat he should be looking at is Lon's X80!!!!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-07-2011, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Come on, guys. Let's give the guy a serious answer. The ONLY boat he should be looking at is Lon's X80!!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-07-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Lon's X80 with 10 SkyLon HLCD leading technology painted tower speakers.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-07-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
As a installer i can tell you haven't installed many stereos in many boats as all wakeboard boats fit your description.They just have different manufacturers.
Not really. Nautiques have very little space for the stereo content I described above, MB has it's limits in the passenger storage compartment, Sangers have small spaces on both sides for that much equipment, Some Centurions have space, but others do not, some Moombas and Supras suck in the space as well.

Did I miss understand your negative comment? Because I have installed more stereos in more boats then you will ever step foot in (I think) in the past 4 years I have personally worked in over 350 boats and as a company we have move more then 1500 boats with stereos.

OP asked a straight forward question, I gave him my honest opinion as an marine audio business owner and installer. It is way easier to get a MC of Bu to pound then it is many other boats. Not that it can't be done, but the easiest are clear to me.

I crammed 2 15" Kicker L7s in the foot well of a Supra, was it easy, NO, did it pound when it was done YES, would I have rather it been another boat YES
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-07-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
Brett what happened to that thread anyways.

Robert you need to toughen up kid, its ok he didn't mention tige. Cowbell on!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-07-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
BTW cwb4me, I can give you the exact dimensions of the box possibilities that can fit in the compartments of all most every Bu, MC, Centurion, Sanger, Supreme, Supra, moomba and bayline build in or after 2005. It's not the size of the space the box will be in that counts it's the opening and area that the box has to pass through before it's in it's final resting place.

Have worked on very few Tige since they are not super common here in NorCal.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-07-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Brett what happened to that thread anyways.

Robert you need to toughen up kid, its ok he didn't mention tige. Cowbell on!
Not sure. It is nice to see them come out with an HLCD but to come out with the tone of that product launch or whatever was weird. I looked at his profile and he was 20 years old or something. The other guys at skylon probably said "go ahead and post and see what happens". We were all probably too hard on them but Skylon hasn't really ever done anything in the marine audio world to demand respect. Unless there is some amazing tech. in those speakers they are a day late and a buck short on the HLCD bus.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
I believe their last line of Rubicons had HLCD's in them but I'm not certain. I think Dave just yanked it because a sponsor was getting pretty beat up and or they wanted it done.

Johnny, I still maintain 'Allof them" is the answer per his question [QUOTE]I want a wakeboard type boat for the tower speakers and more capacity. But I still need room for at least one 12" sub in a ported enclosure and a couple extra batteries. So what boat offers this???[/QUOTE]

I don't doub't you love having all the extra space though. Makes for an easier install and you can sell more equipment
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=hatepain;1707012]I believe their last line of Rubicons had HLCD's in them but I'm not certain. I think Dave just yanked it because a sponsor was getting pretty beat up and or they wanted it done.

Johnny, I still maintain 'Allof them" is the answer per his question
Quote:
I want a wakeboard type boat for the tower speakers and more capacity. But I still need room for at least one 12" sub in a ported enclosure and a couple extra batteries. So what boat offers this???[/QUOTE]

I don't doub't you love having all the extra space though. Makes for an easier install and you can sell more equipment
I agree.What boat wouldn't handle what OP asked for.He's 30 years old and unless he just won the lottery,who says he can afford a MASTERCRAFT or MALIBU with a 6k to 7k stereo system to boot.Just sayin
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-07-2011, 6:54 PM Reply   
just a thought but who says he can't afford that type of boat....being 30 is meaningless when it comes to buying power.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2011, 7:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by megsswm View Post
just a thought but who says he can't afford that type of boat....being 30 is meaningless when it comes to buying power.
Not saying he can't.Just looking at what he's in now.Logic. If he was a baller he would have a 24 TO 26 FOOT Sea Ray or Chapparel.It's not impossible just improbable.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-07-2011, 7:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Not saying he can't.Just looking at what he's in now.Logic. If he was a baller he would have a 24 TO 26 FOOT Sea Ray or Chapparel.It's not impossible just improbable.

LOL at you thinking you're the only one that has $$.
Old     (rt360)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-07-2011, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
LOL at you thinking you're the only one that has $$.
Who says i have $$.I was just using logic.It has nothing to do with whether or not age dictates income.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-07-2011, 7:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt360 View Post
Who says i have $$.I was just using logic.It has nothing to do with whether or not age dictates income.
That's some fancy logic you have there
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-07-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Brad,
Many boats will have adequate space in one locker or another to fit in large enclosures with perhaps multiple large subwoofers. But if you want really good sounding or musical sounding bass then you want a situation where the subwoofer radiates directly into the cockpit and doesn't have to radiate from within a sealed compartment or radiate through a vent of limited surface area.
A Malibu would be as easy as any boat I can think of but there are countless others that fit the bill.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-07-2011, 9:06 PM Reply   
hmmm heres a thought.. maybe he started out with a four winns and is ready to upgrade to a boat he can now afford and wants to know which is a good option to put a stereo in.. pretty much what he initially explained. I think theres and old saying about ASSume but i'm only 30, probably too young to know that one...
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-07-2011, 9:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Lon's X80 with 10 SkyLon HLCD leading technology painted tower speakers.

lmao! painted tower speakers! (bustin a gut here brett)
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-08-2011, 2:28 AM Reply   
Yes the Four Winns was my first boat. I like to do the installs myself so I just wanted know which boat had the most room for subs, amps, batteries and etc. Looks like the Mastercraft and Malibu is where I need to be looking.

How about a Axis A22?
Old     (rt360)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-08-2011, 4:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
hmmm heres a thought.. maybe he started out with a four winns and is ready to upgrade to a boat he can now afford and wants to know which is a good option to put a stereo in.. pretty much what he initially explained. I think theres and old saying about ASSume but i'm only 30, probably too young to know that one...
But evidently 30 isn't too young for you to make your own ASSumption. As you can see the next information the group of responders get is "I plan on doing my OWN stereo install".Also we learn he may be leaning towards a Axis A22.I'm not saying it cost less than a Mastercraft or Malibu,but it's probable.Looks like we all make ASSumptions,just more logic and comprehension go into some.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-08-2011, 5:32 AM Reply   
I thought I was the only one with a Sundown sub on a boat.

Brad, have you considered saving space by going with (1) 15 or (1) 18? Possibly a Nightshade? You could put more power to a NS or Z series 15/18 than you could to (2) SA12's. I know a guy hit 154.4db with Sundown z15 v2 using a Digital Designs Z2 amp, and another hit 149.9db on only 1420 watts. I decided to go with a Z15 v2 (with v3 softparts) because they do well in smaller ported enclosures than other 15" subs, and have good sound quality/output/efficiency. I have a solid 1800wrms going to it. My (1) 15 was remarkably louder than a guy who tied up next to us and had (4) Polk SR 12's. I have yet to hear a boat with more output, but I'm sure there are plenty out there. Point is, efficiency is critical.

You should more concerned with implementation and install than quantity and available space.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-08-2011, 6:32 AM Reply   
No question. Everyone knows the BEST boat for a MONSTER system is a 1986 Sanger with a ski pole and tower. Just don't forget to airbrush a saggy *** Mermaid on it.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-08-2011, 6:40 AM Reply   
Damn, wakeworld sure is chippy these days.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
You need a pontoon boat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-08-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
You need a pontoon boat.
+1 Lake Havasu style where they put full on concert speakers, turntables and disco balls on them. If you want room for music, that's your answer!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
Seriously though lets help Brad find the perfect boat. Brad, are there any size restrictions that will limit boat length or weight, ie garage, lake restrictions, tow vehicle, etc..? What type of price range are you looking at? How many people do you want the boat to hold comfortably? Are you going to be boating on large lakes or anywhere that can get really rough? Are you going to be boating in Saltwater where you need a saltwater setup boat?

I have a feeling that if you try surfing you and your firends will like that so I think I would push you more towards a good surf boat then wakeboard boat although some may be great at both. Also, the boats with the best surf waves all seem to have a deeper V's that run all the way back to the transom. This will give you a better rough water ride.
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-08-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Like the boat to be at least 22 ft. Towing is not a problem. The lakes do get rough time to time so a good ride is a must to please the wifey. Around 45000 is the budget.

I really don't want a monster system also. Maybe 2 12's or 15's in a ported enclosure, 5 batteries, 3 amps, couple REV 10's. The reason I asked about space is I don't want to do a custom install and the wifey like space to put her bags, towels ,etc.
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-08-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
Here is my current boat and tow vehicle.

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2011, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM07SS View Post
Like the boat to be at least 22 ft. Towing is not a problem. The lakes do get rough time to time so a good ride is a must to please the wifey. Around 45000 is the budget.

I really don't want a monster system also. Maybe 2 12's or 15's in a ported enclosure, 5 batteries, 3 amps, couple REV 10's. The reason I asked about space is I don't want to do a custom install and the wifey like space to put her bags, towels ,etc.
I don't know much about roon for stereo's but these are the boats I would consider in that price range.

Mastercraft
X15(great boat, only 21.5 but feels big)-there is a really nice one listed on wakeworld I think for 45ish.
Xstar-Probably have to go with 04-06. More of a core wakeboard boat but has the cool factor. Low bow.
-X30-Might be able to find an 06 or 07 for 45ish. Big boat, not that great at anything in particular but huge.
-X45-I love this boat, especially for lounging and partying. It is huge. Tough to find one for 45 but might be able to find an 05 or 06.

Malibu
VLX-Awesome boat, 21.5', Look for 06-08 in that price range.
LSV-Might be my top choice. Big inside, very nice, can be great at everything. 05-07.

Supra
24SSV-Huge boat, great for wakeboarding, not sure about surfing. 05-07 probably
22SSV-Good boat, would fit the bill

Moomba
XLV-Lots of room, lots of boat for price, big/deep hull, 04-09 probably. Maybe even a new leftover.

Centurion
-Avalanche-Awesome surf boat, not huge inside, great rough water ride. 05-2010 probably.
-Enzo 230-Big boat, great surf wake, great rough water. 05-09
-Enzo 240-Same as 230 just bigger and better. Probably up to 08 or 09 for that price

Tige
22v-All of these should be deep, good rough water boats, surf well. Some can be had for cheap.
22ve
RZ2
24v-A few of these aroudn the country in the 03-05 range for 30-35. This would eb a top choice if it fits a stereo good.
24ve

Sanger
V215-great boat but a little small. Can be had for a lot less then 45
V230-Just like V215 but bigger and deeper. Shoudl be able to had anywhere from mid 20's to mid 40's depending on year
V237-Might be able to find a used one for 45ish. Great boat by all accounts.

MB
21TWB-only 21' but bigger inside. All ballast is quick fill under the floor. nice boat. Can probably find a new one for 45ish.
21 tomcat-same as 21TWB
23 TWB-Same as 21TWB but 2 feet bigger, more inside room, more ballast. Can probably find a new one for around 50.

How important is it to have something brand new or newer? How many people do you usually go out with.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Love the truck and I actually really like that four winns if all I wanted to do was bust around at 55-60. Problem is wakeboard boats have more room, you can surf/wakeboard, have a swim platform right at water level and ride almost as good in rough water if you aren't going above 30 mph.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
What part of the country do you live in?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-08-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
Why did u leave out Nautiques?
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-08-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Why did u leave out Nautiques?
"Like the boat to be at least 22 ft...Around 45000 is the budget"

That means a 230 for 45k. That's probably why.. Pretty rare to find one of those in good condition for that price... or at least it has been for me!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-08-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post

That means a 230 for 45k. That's probably why.. Pretty rare to find one of those in good condition for that price... or at least it has been for me!
Ahhh...didnt read the post about 22' haha
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post

Exactly. I should of probably listed teh 210 even though it is less then 22 but I didnt' think it was teh best for just lounging, rough water or stereo. Could be completely wrong though.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-08-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Just to give you a sense of what you can easily put in a Centurion Avy (or most 22ft boats), I just sold a 2008 Avy and it had all of the following and I still had a ton of storage for the wife and 2 little kids.

Stereo/LED/Tower Lights
- WS-420
- 1 Pair WS Rev 10s (could easily do 2 pair)
- WS XS-XXX
- WS Syn 1
- WS Syn 4 (2)
- - Alpine iDA-X100M deck
- Alpine MC10 remote
- Sirius
- Polk Audio DB651 Boat Speakers (4 Pair)
- Guest 20 amp, 2 Bank Charger
- Interstate Starter Batteries (2)
- Stinger 1500 Batteries (2)
- Perko Battery Switch
- Solstice LED Tower Lights (4)
- Sea Blaze 3 Under water Lights (2)
- LEDs on Tower speaker and in boat

IMO: Nearly any boat could handle the speakers you are talking about. The major difference is in the tower. One of my biggest complaints on my Avy was the Evolution tower. It was only 6ft. I really would have liked a 7ft tower that I could put 2 WS Pro 485s on. My complaint was definitely quieted by the new Rev 10s. The sound quality is amazing.
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       06-16-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
Don't leave out Axis- they have plenty of room and you can find 22's in that price range.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt75 View Post
Don't leave out Axis- they have plenty of room and you can find 22's in that price range.
Holy digging up a dead thread batman.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-16-2012, 4:56 PM Reply   
hahahaha for real. I wonder what possessed him to post on this thread almost a year later
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-16-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
I'll steel you a Malibu Wakesetter LSV for $44k stereo and led's included

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785352
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-16-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprfab View Post
I'll steel you a Malibu Wakesetter LSV for $44k stereo and led's included

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785352
Sell not steel
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-16-2012, 6:14 PM Reply   
Think this may be the OP selling the boat he decked out!? I think someone up there suggested he get himself a pontooner!?
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793780
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-17-2012, 7:57 PM Reply   
I personally would go with a nautique g23 , but that's just me cuz I like to have the best of everything, you know what I mean.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-18-2012, 5:31 AM Reply   
This is so stupid.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-18-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
I love getting caught by a thread that I don't remember and feeling like a dip$!it at the end bc I'm getting ready to respond and then I start looking at dates. I secretly feel like people know I was about make an arse out of myself haha.