Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (board4ce07)      Join Date: May 2004       07-15-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
Im really leaning towards getting the Prostar 205 because it seems like the best D Drive boat you can get that will throw a good wake, or thats what I've heard. Tell me if im wrong, any other D Drives that throw fat wakes. Thanks
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-15-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
that one or the Natique.It's all prefferents!!
Old    vandal            07-16-2005, 6:02 AM Reply   
Yeah, it will throw a very nice wake. Please also consider the malibu sunsetter lx or early wakesetter lx's. their wake it tremendous as well and can usually be found for less than the mastercrafts price
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-16-2005, 7:09 AM Reply   
tho it needs a lot more weight.
Old    wakemark            07-16-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
I can personally vouch for the prostar 205's wake. After "helping" my friend put about 1000 hours on his 2001 model in a 3 year span of time, I feel I know it well. The best thing about the wake is that it is beefy, and very adjustable. The direct drive layout offers the flexibility to customize the wake characteristics from steep and lippy like a new super air, to long transitions and rampy (think new x-star). You can ride very long line lengths behind this boat as the narrow beam helps the wakes from spreading out too wide, too fast! I am not sure exactly what year the hull changed slightly, but somewhere around 99 or 00 the wake, and storage capacity of the boat grew. I think the visual cue for the hull change is the older hull has the windshield frame which integrates in to the gunwale, the newer windshield frame does not (I may be wrong!!). I hope this helps!!! Try to find one that has been used for slalom skiing. Add your own tower or pole and you will have a fresh new wakeboard boat that will give you world class performance at a fraction of what a new X-2 would cost.
Old     (melan_mobe)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-16-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I own a 94 205 and the wakes pretty sick it needs some mass to get it going though, and with the D it doesnt leave too much space for equipment. I think the hull changed tho sometime between 94 and 01 and I know the more recent one became the 205 V and then the X-Star, then X-2. Pretty sick boat for sure...
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
205 bro...... loaded makes a great wake
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-17-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
do not listen to vandal considering the malibu d-drives, the wakes are terrible. the 205 will have the exact same wake as the x-2 (same hull) if you weight it down. definately the best d-drive you can get. i am also not being partial because i have a nautique, just giving the right the advice
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-17-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
The 205 will make a great wake when you weight it down in the back to compensate for not having the engine in the back. If you can get a great deal on it go for it, you wont be dissapointed. If you dont have your mind set on an MC check out the dd sport or air nauti. Until 02 they shared the same TSC hull with the san. I love my air and think that when weighted down right can throw a wake comparable to almost any boat. good luck
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-17-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
we have a 03 DD wakesetter..same hull as the VLX. a few people, factory 500ish sac, and wedge....and its nice...throw a tube sac and a fat brick and its kickin