Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
Im planning on getting an 04 Byerly 132 and the 04 Era bindings, but i kinda like some of the liquid force bindings. But i was told that Hyperlite has the better boards and Liquid Force has the best bindings. What do people think about intermixing brands? I personally say whatever you like better go with, and who cares what brand they are as long as they work and feel good. Anyway let me know.

t
Old    wickedwake            07-10-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
It is all personal preference. In my opinion CWB makes the best board and LF makes the best bindings. That is opinion just like the one you were given b4. But yes, i mix and match to fit my taste and style.
Old    jay_belmont            07-10-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
I agree, mix matching to suit ones needs is very common, i do it myself. I have an 05 murray and i put Nice PRS 1 bindings on it which has worked great for me. My next pair will prolly be a LF binding though. I hear the Transits are awesome.
Old    natxbrotha            07-10-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
my honest opinion is... a board is a board, you can learn the board and master it, but bindings are like shoes. if you get a crappy pair of shoes that dont fit right, then your feet will hurt all day (just like bindings). so put the money down on the bindings. as far as who has the best boards... i believe each company makes good boards, and if you are a beginner (not throwing any big tricks into the flats) then the board isnt a huge factor. i cant stress how important a comfortable pair of bindings are. the cheapest pair of bindings might be the most comfortable to you. you just need to go to your proshop, try them on, and demo them and see how they feel. okay im done with my personal views...
good luck
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
Yea same here. Im not too picky on shoes, but bindings can make all the difference in the world. Im gonna go down to the marina and see about demoing some bindings, but they only cary a couple brands so well see how it goes. Thanx for all your help guys!

Jamie
Old    norcal_dude101            07-10-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
I have to disagree with you on the board thing. I used to ride a beginner O'Brien board and I wasn't getting anywhere skill-wise. I recently got an 05 Hyperlite Parks 136 and i've gotten a lot better already.
On the binding thing though I like the Hyperlite bindings. I tried on other brands and none of them fit my foot right. Anyways late.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
Oh no im not saying that on the board cause im the same way. I have an obrien beginner board right now which im trying to sell and when i do, im getting a Hyperlite Byerly 132 biolite but not sure which bindings to get. I can do some intermediate tricks and stuff, but i hope getting this board and getting used to it