Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (pcuezze)      Join Date: Aug 2014       06-15-2015, 2:00 PM Reply   
It took me a while to post photos, but here's our new Boat. We purchased a 2011 SAN 226 last June (when we really started getting into Wakeboarding and Wakesurfing) After putting 140 hours on it by September, we realized that it was worth investing in new boat. It's something we do as a family and it has now replaced soccer and baseball. So yes, it was silly to change out boats so soon, but I can't say we haven't got our money's worth. We took delivery right before Easter and already have 80 hours on it already.

The wake surf wake is as-advertised. I rode the steep setting for the first month because it was that hard push close to the boat that I was used to. Now that I've gotten used to the mellow setting, I find myself riding 10-15 feet further back with just a little effort. I will not say that, by appearance, it is the biggest wake I've ever seen. However, in my experience, it has the longest usable push of any wake I've ever ridden (including G23, G21, Supra SE, Centurion Enzo, SAN 226, 220, 230, & 210). I don't think this boat this the absolute game changer MC bills it as, but it is a killer wake that would be hard to hate on.

The wakeboard wake has really surprised us. At 19.5, we get a nice clean wake on both sides (if not a little bit steep). It's perfect for my family of beginners (just learning W2W). If you fill the tanks, I've had advanced/pro riders grinning from ear to ear. I believe this is a boat we will really grow into over the years.

I just had our second oil change and had a few warranty issues. Importantly, the forward bilge plug has been cross threaded since I took delivery and they are fixing it. There are a surprising number of small trim issues - a seat pull that came loose, some foam that broke off, etc. However, all-in-all we are extremely happy with the boat and our experience so far.

To the folks in KC, I've got some out of towners coming in next Thursday if anyone wants to meet up (bring your boat or I'll take as many as I can). We'll be boarding and surfing at Longview pretty much all day.

Sorry for the douchey picture of me standing by the boat, my wife took it but it's the only one I had of the boat out of the water.

Patrick
Attached Images

Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2015, 3:48 PM Reply   
Looks like some plush comfy interior. Nice colors. I like that you went with white on top, and the teak swim deck.

Nick
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-15-2015, 4:26 PM Reply   
Hey Patrick, I have my boat in a slip on Longview and would be willing to join. We can figure out the details later, my email is mjc82610@yahoo.com. Email me and we can exchange contact info. I would love to get behind your boat and try it out also.

-Mark
Old     (pcuezze)      Join Date: Aug 2014       06-15-2015, 5:50 PM Reply   
Mark - I just emailed you.
Old     (jbkriss)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-16-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
Sweet boat man. Congratulations!
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       06-16-2015, 7:19 PM Reply   
NICE RIDE!! one of my favorite boats
Interior is A1