Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    moombarider132            10-10-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
i just recently found out my dad can get transfered to Gijon, Spain. im kind of against it considering i ride everyday here and all i have to do is go to my back yard and push a button to drop my boat in the water. ive looked up several wakeboarding locations in spain and there seem to be many however the are all at least 6 hours away...most are actually 9 to ten hours. my parents promised me a brand new nautique team edition which is definately a step up from my moomba. so are there any good locations such as rivers or lakes or even coves to ride in towards central northern spain? how are the conditions and whats the temperature like? (im used to 95 in fact it was 92 yesterday)
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-10-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
is your last name really Poop?
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-10-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
good question
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-10-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
yah i saw that and i was like i hope hes kidding or that would really suck!!!
Old    moombarider132            10-10-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
naw honestly i didnt think it would show up i put it there cuz i didnt wanna put my real last name. wtf though anyone have some input?
Old    alanp            10-10-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
im not sure but i do know not on the plain where it doesnt rain
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-10-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
i dont know but i hope u get that new nautique u want poop
Old     (rippleeffect)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-10-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
I have a distributor Luis from "Badwin", who sells my apparel and rides semi-professionally in Spain, check his site at bad-windotcom
(dot replaced of course)
I also sponsor Anita Alvarez Somme who is the Spanish Pro Women's Champion. She's really sweet (and cute) and will share some ideas with you if you tell her Todd with UGP sent you.Email me at todd@undergroundproductsdotcom and I'll get you her email. Her other sponsors include a Wake school in Spain- just google them and that should help you: undergroundproductsdotcom/RIDERS/WAKE/somme.html
or her MySpace at http://profile.myspacedotcom/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=478 72828

Also check out radikalboardotcom and if you can read some of the Spanish you can get an idea of the best places to ride.

Hope these help!

Todd McLennan
Old    moombarider132            10-10-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
thanks todd thats what i needed i sent her a myspace message asking about the local riding spots. does she speak english? cuz the whole message was in english. maybe you could send her a heads up email telling her im not some weird stalker or anything. seriously thanks bro and i was wondering if you could ride on the "Rio Piles" river? its really close to where ill be living but i cant seem to find the rules and regulations for boats and stuff.
Old     (melan_mobe)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-11-2006, 2:18 AM Reply   
http://www.xtreme-gene.com/

They have a great setup. Check it out.
Old     (vec)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-11-2006, 4:07 AM Reply   
http://www.delawake.com

I havenīt been there, but the riding looks nice...
Old    moombarider132            10-11-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
yeah thanks guys but ive seen all these wakecamps the problem is every one of them are located in southern spain which is at least 8 hours away from where ill be living. i really need information on the Rio Piles river because its a few miles east of the city of Gijon where ill live. im just not sure if you can put a boat in there or not
Old     (doubleup_dan)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-11-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
there is a nice lake just outside madrid i dont know if that is close to you or not

but if you want a proper boat to ride on out there ill be selling my xstar next year
Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2006, 1:49 AM Reply   
Justin, I live in the Canary Islands in Spain. Well it is off the coast of africa.Where exactly are you going to be living and I will have a look on spanish sites and let you know. You might need to check on boating laws and licences etc. I had to get my powerboat 2 licence and a certificate of international competency to drive a boat in the ocean for wakeboarding.
Old     (rippleeffect)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-31-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Justin,

I gave our Spanish rider Anita Somme Alvarez your contact info, did she ever get a hold of you? She lives in Northern Spain and said she could advise you.Let me know at Todd@undergroundproducts.com

Todd
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-31-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
De La Wake Camp
Guadalcacin Lake
Algar, Cadiz
Spain
Email: info@delawake.com
Email 2: auls@delawake.lv">pauls@delawake.lv

Xtreme Gene Watersports Complex
Aptdo de Correos, 26
Almodovar del Rio, Cordoba 14720
Spain