Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    jayazz            07-15-2005, 3:20 AM Reply   
i have this boat with a yam 140 o/b used for wakeboarding, can someone tell me best prop size, and how i can increase my wake, and what tower would fit
Old    jayazz            07-15-2005, 3:25 AM Reply   
also I am serving in kuwait, so any companies that deliver there would help
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-15-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
dude I had a 95 Maxum w/ 135hp merc. it was i/o though. I had a mantaray wake tower on it. I had a 21 pitch on mine and it worked out pretty good for all around use. If you go with anything less than that the boat being so small really suffers. I put a fair amount of weight in mine too. we put two 350# sacs in it and it threw a decent wake. Drug you halfway across the lake before you got up but hey. Look up Mantaraywake.com I got my tower w/ racks for 1200 shipped.
Old    jayazz            07-15-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
you have to take what you get out here, and this was the only thing worth buying which i didnt mind dumping when i leave, I find when i Put a few big lads in the back, the boat takes ages to plain, i mean this thing really sits on its backside, can that do any damage to the boat/ transom?
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-15-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Prolly not but if you distribute the weight you might plain easier. I would throw sandbags in the boat. That way you can move them around to figure out what works. If it washes on one side put weight on that side or have some one move. I wouldnt even worry bout a tower if you're only gonna be there a short while. Mad props to you guys and gals serving in the military!!