Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       07-07-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Need a few hints / tips and where better to ask..

Was out at Lake Pleasant (AZ) today and had a few good runs on perfect water. I have been going W2W on my toeside for about a month now and have it pretty much down good in my opinion (some landings are not the most graceful but still landing). I tried to go heelside and pretty much ate it hard going W2W. Is there any secret to this, it just does not seem natural and my board tries to straighten out as i am about to pop off the wake.

Next question... when I am going out prior to making my edge in I can not seem to keep the rope tension up. It almost seems normal due to being at such a great angle and then changing direction that there would be slack but i am not positive. Once the tension is back up all is good.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-07-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
Wait are you sure you are going wake to wake toeside and not heelside? That is pretty unusual....
Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       07-07-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
oh damn... its been a long day in the sun at 110 degrees outside, my bad.. yes heelside W2W and toeside crash and burn!
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
You're right... toeside is not natural and your body and board try to return you to something more natural. But it's your job to keep that from happening by looking across the wake or find something on the shore but do not look towards the boat. You need to keep that twisted body position all the way through the wake. When you land it's even more important to maintain that position and keep cutting the direction of your jump.

Also it sounds like you are just charging the wake and not taking a good progressive edge, based on your comments on rope slack. Cut out wide, then let the board flatten out and wait (longer than you think) for the boat to start pulling you back towards the wake. Gradually increase your edge, building more and more line tension along the way.

(Message edited by brainrinse on July 07, 2009)