Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-21-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
So......Who's goin'?

I know the lake gets crowded, but since Monday is a holiday, it will be open then too. No different than any other Sat or Sun during the summer. Let's get some of us locals and grab a nice beach, snag the course, and have a good time! Last year was a blast, so we should try and top it this year. I am game to have a stay-over Sun night.

So................

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-21-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Megan and I are in... Assuming I don't get shafted by work.

Last year was a great time... It'll be hard to top that... However, I'm willing to give it a shot.

-Blake
Old    winkmegwink            05-21-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
Well, I guess since Blake said I'll be there, I'll be there... thanks Blake.

See you next weekend
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-22-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to our world! About time we get some personality on here!! j/k I hope both of your schedules don't get jacked! Nice profile pic too!

So, what about all you other lightweights?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-23-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
I guess we'll be the only ones out there???

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-23-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
I don't know what's up with the homies Blake. Looks like it will be me, you, and a bunch o'girls!
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-23-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
I'm thinking I'm going to bring my boat on Sunday and Monday. I should have some room on mine if anyone in our crew wants to jump on. I believe Kevin will be bring his boat on Sunday also.
Old    winkmegwink            05-23-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Who are you planning on bringing Buzz? It'll be good to see you Jason:-) Are Alexis and Brandon planning on joining you? Is Kevin feeling better?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-23-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
For Monday I am planning on getting a beach spot, probably the one we had last week with Tyler. Throw up a couple EZ-ups, etc. That way we can all hang out, then take off and ride as we feel like it. So far looks like Katie, Jenn, Kim, another girl Jenn works with, and probably a couple friends I have not heard back from yet.

What about Tyler/Lisa, Jesi/Tim, etc. Let's hear from you guys, and I will also give you a call.

I am interested in staying down below Sun night. Hopefully someone else will be also. Looks like I will be doing a 1/2 day on Friday, then so far, maybe Sunday, and definately Monday.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-24-2006, 12:27 AM Reply   
Ew... Ew... Ew... Did I hear that Kevin and Lisa might be bringing the X-star out???

-Blake

Hi babe!
Old     (saucysass88)      Join Date: May 2006       05-24-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
I will be there with a couple friends.....don't know if I will ride after Buzz breaking me last weekend but we will see.... Anyway....sounds like a good time and I can't wait to see what's in store after all the stories I have heard from last year! Go big or go home!
Old    jesiday            05-24-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Well, now that I have finally been reconnected with the technological world:

We will be there on Sunday, fo' sho'! Monday, I'm not sure about. But, I would imagine that we'll be there. If we can get a grill out there, I am more that willing to play cook!

Anybody talked to Ty, yet?

PS Megan, it's great to see you on here!!! See you guys this weekend.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-24-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Now were talkin'! Jesi,

Welcome back to the 8-bit world. See ya Sunday, and you better be there Monday. That would be a great day to hang on the beach and BBQ. I will bring Katie's new hamster ball. Give me a call, and let's make some plans.

Buzzer
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-24-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Jenn,

Sorry, I seem to break a lot of people who come on my boat. Don't really know what's up with that. Maybe you are just too fragile! I promise to be more careful. So far, I don't think anyone has been injured while listening to the tunes, and emptying the ice chest! Keep up that easy stuff, and you will be ready by the time Shasta comes. Is it June yet?

Old    winkmegwink            05-24-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
It's good to see you too Jesi! This weekend should be fun if I can lose my boyfriend that is... j/k Blake! You bringin' Katie too?
Old    winkmegwink            05-24-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Oh and Buzz I'm willing to try to 'break myself' this weekend that is if you're looking for volunteers
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-24-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
I think we all know I'm not bringing Katie... She'll have to find her own way.

Megan, does this mean will see your 1st attempt at a W2W jump, or invert? Sweet!

-Blake
Old    winkmegwink            05-24-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Yes Blake we all know that, this would be why your name is Blake not Jesi. Sure why not, I have full medical and dental
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
looks like frankie and i are slated to miss out on another san v event. we're packin' up and gettin' outta dodge...movin' to norcal! yippeeeee!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-24-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
Whoa....Voices from Florida. Congrats on the move Joe. I am sure you will still make it down once in a while. At least I have a place to stay in NorCal The Chick Flick is looking good. Needless to say, I have a few of my crew who would be interested in a copy.

Megan,

Believe it or not, we/I never break anyone on purpose. We would rather see you in one piece anyway. I know you want some time off from work, but even broken, you know they would find some light-duty paper-shuffling crap for you.

Blake,

We all know better
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   

quote:

Needless to say, I have a few of my crew who would be interested in a copy.

who are you kidding? you know you're the one that wants it!

yeah, we're back from orlando. dave and hahn went home sunday night while i stayed an extra day and got home monday night. and yeah, you know you've got a place to stay in norcal!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
whoa, Joe that was quick. I have some friends that live in SAC. I will bring the boat up and pull ya. Only if you take me to the kitchen.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
i'll take you to the kitchen, but i'm gonna have to blindfold ya!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
ok, ah you know me I don't need a blindfold I will keep it hush hush. I will just bring you when I go. Hope Frankie will let you ride 5 times a week again. Like the good old Serum days.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
frankie doesn't keep me from riding. why do you think i popped the question?!?!?!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
hahaha, maybe she will buy you a SAN like mine did. So when do you think you will be all moved in? We will need to do a Delta trip you hen dawg and I. Can't wait we had some good times back in the day.

(Message edited by twakess on May 24, 2006)
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-25-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Blake,

I too heard rumblings that the X-Star is coming....

As for Lisa, the girls and I we will all be there Sunday and Monday. I'll be down there Saturday night too for the "festivities".
Old     (saucysass88)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
I figure even if I am not healed by Shasta, there will be enough alcohol in me to not care! lol j/k I will and am being careful....don't know what I did to break it, but I will just have to make sure I don't do it again!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-25-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
TSO,

Can't wait to see you guys... It's only been a little while, but damn, it feels like forever! I guess I'm a little home sick.

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
Since Jenn is broken for a while, she is officially the "designated drinker".

Anyone planning on staying Sunday night. I am game - just don't want to be the only one. Want to get in early and get a good beach. How about the one we had last week? It that one good with everyone?

Are we planning on getting the course Sun, and Mon?
Old     (bkman211)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
If you dont get there early what is the best time to show up mid-morning or afternoon. I assume the lake will fill, just wondering what time people usually start to leave so others can get on.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-25-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Buzz,

That beach is good (big and flat) but bad in that there's lots of wave action once the lake fills up. We have another preferred beach as our first choice. We can discuss Sat night over the appropriate beverage..;)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-25-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
Tyler,

You guys have a nice beverage w/o me. I work graves Fri and Sat, but will be there by about 6:30 Sun AM. No preference for me on a beach. I am sure you will snag a nice one. Like I said, I may stay Sun night if anyone else is. Makes it much easier considering the drive I have to make from home

Brian,

Tough to say. So far in the past couple weeks, I have not seen anyone having to wait. Since this is a holiday weekend, that may be possible. Best to get there early as possible. In the past, it seems that if you get there before about 9 or 10, you can get right in. I have left like at noon or 1P, and seen boats having to wait. Play it safe and get there early as possible.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-25-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
I have to work Saturday and Sunday night, but I'll be there Sunday early with Kevin, and Monday with TSO. Kevin and I have officially labeled Sunday as out 'raley or die' day so that should be entertaining if nothing else. I may or may not try to make it out Saturday, I have to work kinda early, it might just be too much for the weekend.

Blake, wanna get the ol' winch out Saturday morning instead? Maybe find some breaking wakes we can shred to the gnar?

-Steve
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-25-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
"Kevin and I have officially labeled Sunday as out 'raley or die' day"

I'll believe it when I see it!!! Just to be safe, I'll bring the camera... Those early raley attempts tend to create long gaps between the "next" raley attempts.

I'm definitely winching Saturday... IF you guys don't have the damn thing worn out by then.

Where's the Striking Python??? Megan and I, are pretty please hoping to catch a ride... He won't contact me... Is this a sign?

-Blake}}

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-25-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
Here I come to save the day!!!!
Just got your email Blake. Clever
Blake, you and Megan can ride with us of course.
Raley day 4 sure!!!! Definetly should be hmmm..
entertaining?
I think Lisa and I are only going to be making it on sunday. But who knows plans can change.

Definetly gonna be there sat night. Hopefully the parking lot/lanes are filled up by the time we get there.
Steve and Blake, should we bring the lead too?}
Tyler, should we try a poker game sat night in the parking lot?
Bear, gonna be there sat night too? I assume Brandon and Alexsis are riding with you?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-26-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
Kevin,
I hear Steve is coming over to hit up the trampoline... Make him grab it then. Or, I can grab it on my way in... But, it'll be late tonight.

I'm in for poker... I think.

If you want some staging help, I'll glady hook you up, but come to think of it, I've never seen anyone (but you) tow your boat, or drive your new truck?

-Blake
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-26-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   

quote:

Steve is coming over to hit up the trampoline... Make him grab it then.

???

-Steve
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-26-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
I guess I should clarify what I meant when I said "grab it."

I was talking about the lead for Kevin's boat!!!

-Blake
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-26-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
I'M BATMAN)
Old     (scotty_doo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
-Blake/Steve/Buzz/ect.,
Damn you guys make me jealous! I want to come out this weekend, there is a little problem with my location though, I have officially been "on the water" for 98 days now. By the way, there are a lot of sea snakes in the persian gulf! good times.

-Megan,
Welcome to WW, be careful, you can become an addict very easily. Did you ever get a new car??
Old    winkmegwink            05-26-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks Scott! I did end up getting a new car about a month ago. Blake talked me into a black Xterra it's an '01 and I'm really happy with it. Blake is a little too happy with my new car, whenever he's down here I have to beg him to let me drive my car. HAHA Thanks for asking. How's cruise?
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Hey all, looks like I will be out there with a friend at 6 am. Do we need to camp out Saturday night or will we be able to get in Sun at 6?

I've met many of you already but it will be nice to meet some more of you. Blake, do you have your tan going yet or shall I bring my dark sunglasses? Hey, and I want to see you do a Raley. I've seen pictures but I want to see it live.

Buzz, et al, which beach are you guys going to target? We'll try to stop by.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-26-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
Ohhh... The jokes have already started, huh? No, I do not have my tan... I'm as tan as I'll ever be... Which is a pale-to-light-white, with a possible red tint/glow.

About the raley... You might be in luck... Apparently, on Sunday, Steve and Kevin are going to do raleys, or they're going to kill themselves!!! Yeah, I was shocked, too! I'm sure I'll try one with them.

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-27-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Dennis. I would highly recc. to get there sat night. Usually by 6 am sunday morning on a holiday weekend the lines is literally down the street and past the fork in the road.
I dont think I have met you yet, but hope to see you out there sunday or even maybe sat night.
I spoke to TSO earlier today around 1 or so and he said he was 6th boat in line already. Its filling up quick for sure .
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Kevin, sorry I missed you guys today. We got there just before 6 and it was no problem getting in (thank goodness!). Pretty much had both courses to ourselves all morning. Pretty good water there and we wore ourselves out early. The boat owner had to blast about 10 am so off we went. So we missed the gathering on the beach. Next time!

Oh yeah, as we headed out mid morning, the line to get in was two rows deep. Ouch!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-28-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Dennis,
We were in the wakeboard coure from 6-10... We're you there too?

To everyone else,
I'm glad everyone made it out... Good times! Here's a couple pics from the day, and last night.

-Blake

Last night, in the parking lot
Upload
Megan making our bed
Upload
Jay's new VLX, with crew
Upload
TSO and crew in the 211
Upload
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-28-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
And a couple more...

-Blake

Geoff and Tyler
Upload
Despite a hangover, Steve showed up for Raley day... And did really well.
Upload
Buzz, and the strongest guy on earth (no tan jokes allowed)
Upload
After a little while, Steve felt a little better... Then he scared the crap out of himself.
Upload
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-28-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
Great pics Blake! Thanks everyone for coming out, always good seeing the crew.

-Steve
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
Hey wait-a-minute, Blake... Were you guys in a Mastercraft on the wakeboard course? I think that's what we saw over there the first couple hours. We were on the ski course. The boat owner is a skier. I'm going to have to ease her back into boarding (she claims she takes too hard of falls. Huh?!) Only one other ski boat on the back course and he (Frank) left about 7:30 or 8. So we started boarding back there after he left. We saw the boat on the wakeboard course mostly tootling around after mid morning, and eventually leaving (must have headed back to the party on the beach?). About that time, we took over both courses. Boarding and Sky Skiing. NICE!

Had I known that was you guys, we would have steered over there to say hello! Our timing was off because every time we were by the dock in the middle, the other boat (you guys?) was at the other end of the wakeboard course.

Nice tan by the way...
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
BTW, one thing I always notice about Blake. He's always got that neck tan line thing going on. I can talk big because I can tan in a heartbeat. Heck, I turn red under a strong night light! But I can't do any Raleys. I leave that stuff to Blake!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-28-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
Are you saying Blake's neck is red?

-Steve

....Blake's a redneck
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-28-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Dennis,
Yeah, that was us... We were on Kevins X-Star. I forgot to mention that Lisa (Kev's lady) bought the 6-10 wakeboard pass... Once it was brought up, we finally left the main body for the course. We rode there for a while, then we decided it was time to hit up the beach spot. We saw you guys over there... Kind of wondering how you were getting away with wakeboarding in the course.

Oh well, next time swing by, and say hi... I'm not hard to find. I'm the tall guy, without the tan.

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-29-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
Had a blast guys!!! Always great having good weather, and great friends to hang out with. Big thanks from Lisa and I for making it a great day!!
Tyler-paybacks a bit@#, o wait you paid me back for scaring the crap out of you..o good times.
Lisa--Great to see you and the girls enjoying yourselves.
Geoff--Your Batman!
Jason and crew--nics pic of your sweet new ride!!
Now just stomp them 3's.
The Days--Always good times and fun when you guys are around. BTW--I have some great pics I will try to email to you.
Buzz--You need to get off of that graveyard shift crap and come hang out with us sat nights.
Great to see you there on sunday though.
Blake and Meagan--Thanks for hanging with Lisa and I, you guys keep us laughing all the time.
Steve--feeling better yet?? we wont give you too much crap. we'll be nice. Thanks for making it out. Always fun to watch you ride, even when your hungover.

(Message edited by big x-star on May 29, 2006)
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-29-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
some pics
Tim and Jesi
Upload
Geoff, your F#@$%^& Nuts!!
Upload
Spinning Steve, soon to be raley Steve
Upload
Upload
I love this pic

Upload
TSO with the SMOOTH dock start..
Upload
Upload
What the.. Blake doing toeside backrolls??
Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
forget the tan jokes...check out that 6 pac!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-29-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
SoCal,

Thanks a bunch. I really work hard on it! Oh, wait. You lookin' at my whitey friend on my left. Dang! I know the hair and my "padding" covers mine up, but ...ah hell! Nevermind. No one is falling for that one. It's a pony keg, not a 6-pack anyway! I worked hard for it!

Dennis,
I was looking around for you. We had the course from 10-2, and had a beach spot. Give me a call and get out with me anytime. I usually need a dude to help out with the m/f ratio! j/k Really I don't, but you are welcome to come out anyway.

Everyone else,

Had an absolute blast this weekend, as usual. I am winning the lotto really soon, and buying us a "wally-free" lake. Man, you can sure tell summer is here! Ahhhh!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
Hey Buzz...you being stud goes without saying!!!!!!
Like the pony keg...really!!!
Old    mia            05-29-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
awesome day !!!! many thanks to tim & jesi !!! love your x-2..

really good to see everyone (tim, jesi,steve aka mr smooth,mike,tyler, lisa, buzz)...really appreciate it !!!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-30-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Great pics Kevin & Blake! Rockin weekend with the whole crew. This is going to be a great summer!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-30-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
Buzz,
Sorry I missed the beach party. I probably should have had the boat owner make a run around the lake so I could locate you guys. She needed my help getting the boat on the trailer, but I'm sure we could have worked something out. I would have enjoyed meeting those I haven't met yet.

This coming weekdays look full seeing as how I took off the past several days. Might be out for a few hours real early Friday but gone by 8 am.

Definitely looking to hook up for Saturday and Sunday if anyone has room.

Otherwise, will try to keep the sked open for the following week.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-30-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
Dennis,
You couldn't swim to our beach spot after you trailered the boat??? Come on man, if you want to hang with us, you're gonna have to show a little effort!

-Blake
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-30-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
san v....RIP