Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Thanx to whoever was in that blue Nauti today who towed my dad in. This boat is out the door, gone, adios dude. The boat just shut down today, randomly, the engine would turn over but it wouldnt fire. So we are moving on, too many problems, we'll have it stripped of aftermarket audio and start lookin for a new boat for next season.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-01-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear Twitch. Your profile shows you have an MC xstar. Is that the boat that went down?
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Yeah, i love that boat and its so sick and rare, but weve just had wayy to many problems with it, and this one really put us over the edge, my pops and I love darren and trevor at the shop those guys are great, but this boat just sucks, the quality just isnt there you know, i love having a boat that is super rare but its a lot of looks and rep i think.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-01-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
Wow, what year is it? Is there some kind of warranty from MC? The boat looks brand new from the pic.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-01-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
cranking without fire is probably safety kill switch by the way. But i agree, MC's quality has gone way down hill
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Oh no, you are wrong. They are held to a higher standard.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-01-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
Twitch, sorry to hear you have had yet another problem with the Xstar that boat has been a real let down for you guy's. I love the look of most MC's and the finish is nice too but it just seems so 50/50 with them. They use to make the best boats but now they seem to have expanded so much that their QC has declined. You guys going Malibu, Epic, what? I'm sure Peter will do a little research on it.

My next boats gonna be a Sanger 237.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-01-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
Twitch, sounds like it is time to head down to Bakes and talk to my roommate.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-01-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
^^^^^^second dhcomp^^^^^^^^^^^ but if its not, sorry to here your still having issues twitch. lemon law? worth a shot.....
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Yeah guys its such a bite, that boat is so damn sick, like theres no other boat that looks like it, its an x-star you know, like everyone knows that boat as "the best wakeboard boat", i just wish it would really hold up to what its rep is, but it doesnt and its kinda sad cause its so dope. Whatever it was, safetey kill switch, circuit braker, i dont know what else but I think its gonna have to find a new home.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-02-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
I have an 08 and not one problem to date. I would talk to your dealer, they should make you whole again if they are a good dealer.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       09-02-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
We had a 07 Demo out at the lake this week end and the middle ballast quite working. Then we lost the rpm, speed, and gas gauge. Then the radio, then the check engine light came on and the buzzer started going off. It still was a blast to ride behind though It was just a let down to see all the electrical issues. I hope they are fixed for 09.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-02-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
I've had an 06, an 07, and an 08. The only problem I ever had was the kill switch that I accidentally knocked off. I sat there like an idiot trying to crank it to no avail. Then I realized that the kill switch was knocked loose. I was almost ready to flag another boat down to tow my 1 month old boat in. I'm glad I fixed it first. I have never had an actual problem with my Xstars!
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
If you decide to go with Malibu, I just got a 08 VLX and love it....
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-02-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
We all know twitch is switching to Malibu, read some of his other threads about his lemon.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-02-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
not one problem on our 08 X-star... 80 hours and counting.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-02-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
twitch, it was the kill switch. I had your pops go to the boat and test it. Problem solved!!
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-02-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
That's not embarrassing or anything
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-02-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
sorry to call it out, but the Malibu guys were smelling blood in the water.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-02-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
ahh.,the dreaded kill switch strikes again! Just to let you know, I think every manufacturer has one.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
oops
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
I don't have a kill switch on my boat that I know of.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
It's attached to the key, you attach it to the side of the boat, boat won't start without it....check again. It can come loose and cause a issue like you described.

(Message edited by x2fanatic on September 02, 2008)
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
yeah thanks darren, my dad is so frustrated even though its jus tthe safety cord. I completely forgot it even had one of those stupid things, not really embarrassing just stupid. But I am really beginning to think we have a big lemon. Ive never heard of anyone with so many probs on an x-star
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
I know what they look like and what their for but I don't have one.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
attached to the key??? ours isn't, I cant even remember where ours is.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
I think he meant ignition and they are typically near it and or the throttle.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
yeah thats what i thought, for some reason i cant think of where it is.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-02-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
Boats break and Xstars rock. The kill switch on an Xstar is just below the throttle. I'm pretty sure boat mfg's all have them for legal reasons.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-02-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
my 06 sanger v215 did not, my 07 vlx does not, my 94 ski nautique did, and my 87 centurion tru track did not. so not all have them....
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-02-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
My Tomcat does not have one either.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
My 08 Malibu VLX does...
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-02-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
"My 08 Malibu VLX does..."

i didnt know that, is it on a lanyard like the xstar?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-02-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
No dlamont not blood just lemon juice...
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
I guess i turned this into a "who has a safety cord" thread, our donzi's dont..... haha
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-02-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ Upload ^^^^^^
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-03-2008, 6:24 AM Reply   
I have a 06 XStar with 180 hrs on it now. The only thing that has given me any problems is the PP settings. I think I have them now and its working better, other than that no issues. We love the boat. We were out three times every week this year and always got good sets in.
If you bump the kill switch it will die its very sensitive. Just plug it back in and your off.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-03-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Bryan (westsiderippa) - Yea, it's on a lanyard, kinda looks like the one I had on my jetski...solid red...Sits below the throttle...

I'm shocked your 07 doesn't have one.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Malibu didn't put them in the 07 boats, they are back in for the 08-09 boats though. There was another placard they put in the boats, something about an exception like that.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Open mouth..insert foot.

04 Xstar, nothing wrong that I didn't do myself. I give it gas and oil changes, that's all. I've never had any problems with any of my boats 99, 01 or 04 X'stars. I have known people that have an issue or two, but I think their ownership/boating experience is affected more by how they handled the situation and how the dealer handled it.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
Do i need to list our problems?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-03-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
No Twitch, most of us already know.

Did you guys ever end up getting that 22 Donzi Classic? I am not the biggest fan of Yellow but that boat looked classy as all get out.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Hey man, take a pill. I once sent my dealer a letter pissed off that my brother got their newsletter before I did and I was the one who shopped there. Looked like a d-bag afterwards.

Seriously though,I'm sure you did have some problems, I don't dispute that. But how you handle them and how your dealer handles them will determine how good or bad your experience with any product is. If you have a legit issue, let your dealer know, they take care of it....cool, if they don't, not ok. If you have more and more that do not get taken care of and mfg. doesn't, do business elsewhere and leave it at that.

However, when you have what you think is an issue and shoot your mouth off throwing your wieght around, people may or may not be inclined to help you, regardless of if the problem is legit or not. Don't take it the wrong way dude, but I just get sick of reading pissy posts from 16 yr. old kids who don't own anything, but dad gives them everything. It is ok to be upset, but handle yourself respectably and you'll be suprised how much more enjoyable life really is.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-03-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Mark-
Well said.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-03-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
His dealer has taken care of him. It was kind of a weird situation with Copes and MC splitting ways but Darren who runs the current dealer has helped him out a lot. Read one of the previous posts Twitch even says Darren has helped him a ton. I don't really think the issue is with the service he is receiving from Darren, but rather that his family dropped some serious coin on a boat that has not met their expectations. They had so many problems at first that it has left a sour taste in their mouths. Now any small thing sets them off.

I do however agree that he should of called Darren to see if he could help before he posted on here.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
No worries at all. I might have come across more brash than intended as well. Lets all go ride.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Twitch is a good kid and doesn't take what his father has worked hard for granted. I'm sure Peter has instilled a pretty good work ethic. To echo what Bret said he has had nothing but positive things to say about his relationship with his dealer and their efforts so yeah lets go ride. I know I'm gonna!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Brett, yeah we got it a little bit ago but there were major problems with the drive so its up at kenmore getting worked on, we'll probably have it this winter.

Mark- Im not flipping out or throwing a hissy fit its just been one thing after another, honestly every time i went to the boat this summer I wasn't sure if it would start, we had so many problems the summer before that it scarred me. Darren and the guys at the issaquah dealer are great, they were always there to help us out. Its the guys in renton that werent helpful at all. Our boat sat there for 3 weeks when it had been done for 2. They never called or anything. I got into an argument with one of them when they tried to blame the tower speaker not working on me. They forgot to plug it back in and the guy blamed it on me. And mark I'm not one of those kids man. I pay for my own gas, boat, sea doo, car whatever it may be. I buy all my dirtbikes and accessories for them as well. I pay my phone bill, my food outside the house etc. My parents rarely will hand me money to go out and spend. I work for all the money i have and i save it as much as i can. A lot of people get that impression before they actually know me.

Sorry i jumped the gun, I think my dads frustration bled onto me. My dad has been pretty stressed dealing with work and a house hes trying to take care of in england and the slightest things always push him over. He's a guy that looks really hard at fit and finish and he isnt very impressed with what he got for the mula dropped and I dont blame him. Ohhhh welll its SUPER nice out and I think i might go do a little surfing
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-03-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Twitch, thanks for the kind words. You know that I will do everything in my power to help you and your family out. Now go ride everybody!! Summer is almost over.