Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old    tythurston            03-10-2008, 11:31 PM Reply   
WHERE ARE YOU FROM?? WHERE DO YOU RIDE?? WHAT SHOP DO YOU REP?? LETS SEE WHO ALL IS ON HERE??
Old    tythurston            03-10-2008, 11:32 PM Reply   
I live in Edmond. Ride at any lake with in 2 hours usually!! AND I would rep where i work

WILSON WATERSPORTS

HIT US UP
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
I ride out at draper and some freinds have a few places at eufala we go to. Will probably ride at Arcadia this year during the week and Eufala on the weekend.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
word up

drapa playaz fo' sho, SSR.

Thomas Marine Dockside, Eufaula
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey dylan you rode behind Danny Lairds Red Supra at beaver lake last year. I was out there with him. I ride with him alot but he sold his boat. Hopefully tyler will step up and get a VLX this year.
Old     (soonerairnauti99)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
I live in choctaw , mostly ride draper or tbird depending on wind direction..
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
ya man, right on.

Why did he sell the Supra? How's his knee doing? That would be nice if Tyler got a VLX..
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
He sold it cause of his knee. Hes about 3 months out. Gettin stronger every week he says. He sold it to his cousin in Brownwood TX. Hell bring it up sm time he said, they live 3 1/2 hrs south. You rode any yet? Im going to ride with kyle schmidt 1st week of april.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
ya man I figured. I watched that go down, it was pretty heavy. at least he's getting better.

been getting some shred in once a week or so. just trying to get a little head start. sounds cool man, let me know how that goes. I've heard Kyle is a pretty cool cat.
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-11-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
Live in edmond,
Ride at Tenkiller and sometimes at arcadia
I'll hopefully be out sometime next week if the weather is good.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-12-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Call Edmond home. Work on the road in McAlester and get paid to stay at the lake place on Eufaula. We'll be out this weekend @ Duchess, Three Fingers/Cut area.

Used to get parts at Norris but no longer Supra dealer. Have had awesome service at Wilson's. Anybody dealt with new Skiers Choice dealer up in Guthrie?
Old     (dugg_vlx)      Join Date: May 2007       03-12-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Live in Owasso (next to Tulsa) and ride Skiatook. Will be out a bunch this weekend and all of spring break.
Old     (tyler11boats)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-12-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
I'm down here in Durant. I ride on Texoma and Murray.
Old     (gbp09)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-12-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
I live in Watson, close to Smithville. But I usually ride all texas lakes.
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-12-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
I'll second the good service at Wilson's. We talked to a guy at the boat show a while back when we were looking for a boat. He had nothing but good information for us and was a really nice guy. Sorry, I can't remember his name though.

I haven't been to skiers choice yet, but i've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-12-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
Brad I go to school in C-town..

Dugg, word on skiatook, serviced a boat there once. sick little lake.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-12-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
DuogH. There is no Skiers Choice dealer in Guthrie. If it is warranty work nearest is Waterski Boats Dallas. If it is regular work I would also recommend Wilsons in Edmond
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-12-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
Not sure what the name of the dealer is in Guthrie, but its the shop right by the new cable park
Old     (jeremy_lanoy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-12-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
live in piedmont, ride at Tenkiller and Eufaula, definatly going to hit up the new cable park also. Gotta rep the OKC Board Shop!
Old     (savage)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-12-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I'm new here. Been lurking for awhile checking things out. Saw this oklahoma post so thought it was time to register. Anyways I go to Tenkiller and wister. Going to try to make it out to grand lake, texoma and eufaula this year.
Old    tythurston            03-12-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
Everyone come to Wilson's haha (sorry of course im going to rep the shop i work for) but we do have great customer service and the only boat shop that i know of i could be wrong was danny selling boats out at the cable park but he doesn't sell boats out there any more i have heard
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-14-2008, 5:44 AM Reply   
Yukon. I ride several diff lakes
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-14-2008, 5:45 AM Reply   
Owasso, navigation system, skiatook and grand
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-14-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
I thought the new cable park/shop was the new skiers choice dealer too. I had some issues dealing with them on the phone when my swim platform brackets got loose, haven't dealt with anybody in person...

Anyone gonna be out on Eufaula this weekend? No wind and almost 80 degrees today. Should be out this afternoon and tomorrow. Water still a bit chilly but might have break out the wetsuit.
Old     (jeremy_lanoy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-14-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
Doug,they were but something w/sponsoring the park fell through so they are no longer selling them, not sure of the specifics but on their message board it says they are still doing warranty work in house at this time.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-14-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for the update Jeremy.

Supra Doug-
I know Marty has posted on here, but any feedback on dealing with Waterski in Dallas? Hauling the boat down and back just doesn't seem to make much sense...
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
doug, i went by the supra/moomba dealer last may to check it out when i dropped my son off at arcadia for the briscoe camp.

let me just say i was very disappointed.

marty is a great guy, but i agree with you in re: to being to far to drive for service.

when i had my 05 ssv, i purchased it from xtreme marine in kc. great deal, but a pain for service in re: to a 4 hour drive each way.

needless to say when i bought a new ride, i made sure it came from a dealer that was not to far of a drive.

another doug.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-14-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
yea WSBD is about 2-1/2 hr drive one way from me. But when I bought the first Supra ,Norris was the dealer in Okla. I knew of too many horror stories from them so I just take it to Dallas. But with 2 boats Ive only been down for service 3 times out of 6 years. You notice there are alot of Dougs on here.......
Old     (dugg_vlx)      Join Date: May 2007       03-15-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Hey, but I'm the only one that spells Dugg right.

Dugg
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
dugg, you have always spelled your name wrong

are you heading out to skiatook tomorrow.

i am going up tomorrow to check everything out.

supra doug, yeah, norris was horrible. i called them one time to get a new impeller and they said they were closing for a "ou football scrimage"
Old     (soonerairnauti99)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
dylan hit me up on draper sometime..
Old     (gbp09)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-17-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
Il vouch for Marty anytime. Service is always impeccable.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-17-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Cool, good to know WSBD has a good reputation should anything "major" happen. I've been ordering all my spare parts from www.skidim.com and have been really happy with their service.

I never had any problems dealing with Norris, maybe I just got lucky...

Anybody get out this weekend? Too windy at Eufaula for any riding.
Old     (garrett_skiokc)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-17-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
I usually hit up Draper or Thunderbird! I will at Eufala this week. If you are going to be there let me know. My number's on my website.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-18-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
Brad, will do. send me a pm with your number. I'll be in Dallas the rest of this week but should be out Sunday or Monday depending on the weather.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-18-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
For those of you interested in local message boards for the cable park, we just got our all up and running. There is a link from the mainpage at www.WakeboardOklahoma.com

Jeremy, when are you coming out again? Its suppossed to be great outside on Thursday and Ive got your UGP rail out now, its fully rebuilt and waiting on you!

I fully support Supra & Moomba, but no we are no longer a dealer. You can get the scoop from the posts on the COWc message boards... :-)

Danny T.
www.OkcBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (jeremy_lanoy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
Dan, what's up? man were heading to the lake thursday. I have to take a load of furniture up and make sure everything is good to go at the trailer. it sucks the weather has been so crappy the last couple days looks like it will be better tomorrow and Friday hopefully you get a lot of people that come out and ride. I'll get by there next week, thursday or friday for sure!
Old     (dugg_vlx)      Join Date: May 2007       03-19-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Doug (insuranceman). I did go out on Skiatook from noon to 6 last Sunday. Didn't see you out there though. Water temp started at 45 and ended at 52. One layer of under armour under the drysuit was all you needed.