Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-03-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
Will chaning the foil make a huge difference in the amount of air I get?? I have the beginner rear foil on now. Thinking of changing the rear foil for the next ride...... This is my 1 st year on the AC , I can go wake to wake on 70 foot rope behind my sacked Wakesetter VLX.. and do small bunny hops, no other tricks yet.. any info on the Air Chair would be great.. Thanks..
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-03-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
I have a Stealth I have been riding for a little over a year. To me, cleaning the foil hasn't made much of a difference - then again I'm not jumping that huge anyway!! I have had a helluva time with the other rear foil (tried both advanced and pro) - lots of up and down slaps and little control. I guess I just have to keep working at it....
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-03-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
Not cleaning, I want to change the foil to advanced. will that hurt me or help me?? Jumping wake to wake and getting 4-6 ft. Nothing big yet, but coming soon.
Old                09-05-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Change it to advanced. Basically, it's not a rough water foil. You will porpoise. You need pretty darn flat water to run advanced or pro.

You will be able to skid like a demon and the pop in advanced is much easier than an untuned basic Sky Ski. But, you will porpoise.
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-07-2003, 7:03 PM Reply   
How do I tune the basic foil?? I'm going to leave the beginner foil on it, but move the little spacer to the back bolt. It hurts my back on long rides.. I have to stay bent over, I want to lean back more.. to take the pressure off my back...... I jump ok, 4-6 ft tall , but I want more air, but I want to lean back more...
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
any more air chair riders out there??
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-10-2003, 8:46 PM Reply   
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hydrofoil/

try that yahoo group for info.