Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-09-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=12443&pdesc=Aquaglide_Kahuna_Lounge_/_Towable_Tube&cname=3-person-Towables-tubes&aID=3C&merchID=1009&r=view

I'm looking to buy a new towable that would be good for lounging and rarely tubing. I know that tubing is the devil to alot of people on this board but sometimes people on the boat just don't want to try boarding. This also says it could be used as a launch pad. Does anyone have a review of the product?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-09-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
Tubers Don't bother me I carry 2 tubes and a inflater. If anybody has a problem with tubing
I suggest you find a nice privet lake that doesn't allow them.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-09-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
More for lounging, but this thing is SWEET!!!

I'm thinking of getting one. Suprisingly, the cheapest place I have found it is SKYMALL.

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=69715886&c=
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-09-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
i don't know anything about that one- fwi-i do know that the one i got (and never use) with my boat is a 3 person connely and it's monstrous. takes forever to inflate and a pain to transport (did that 1 time). whatever u do- good luck.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-10-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
CR that thing is sweet. I was trying to find something that was sort of all in one. I like the idea of a canopy tho. How big of an inflater do you use Michael? I have one that I use to air up mattresses and I don't think I want to buy another if that will get the job done.
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Brandon, I have the Obrien Jumpseat that works well for both. Two people can lounge or a fun towable on the rough water days, if it just had cupholders it would be perfect, haha.Upload

(Message edited by rico80 on March 10, 2009)
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-10-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
Do any of the brands hold up better than others? I had 2 ho sport 3 man tubes for the last 5 years but every year I had to replace blatter on at least on if not each. When they went out of warranty then I was forced to buy new ones because they would not sell me a blatter seperate. Need to find something that holds up better.
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       03-10-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
This thing is awesome from LF. A buddy of mine had one and it was great, only for two people but it does have cup holders. We would pull it up on the beach to use as extra seating as well. Definitly my pick.

Upload

Another option is the Party Island. It's absolutly massive. Not sure what you were lookin to spend, but they are both available on LF's website. Just my $.02

(Message edited by flattirenotube on March 10, 2009)
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       03-10-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-10-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
Got some of these for 2009. Radar. see your local Ronix Dealer.Upload
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-10-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
I had this last year and it was the hit of the lake all summer!!!! Great place to lounge on or throw some drunks in to get them off your boat!!!!

http://www.skidiscounters.com/spfilo.html

Upload
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
IMO, The O'brien Super Screamer is the best all around towable. It is big enough for three kids or two adults. It is not as large or cumbersome as some of the ones shown above. If we have no place to tie it up while we ride, I can actually pull my son wakeboarding while the tube is tied to the transom ski eye. It is a well made towable and O'brien really stands behind their products.
Upload
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-11-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
IMHO: Inflating with a shop vac is the fastest way.
I purchase mine from a local shop and they warranty for a year.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-11-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
yep shop vac inflating FTW!
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2009, 10:34 PM Reply   
You need the Molecule

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=15346&pdesc=HO_Sports_Sphere_ Series_3_Person_Molecule_Towable_128_x_132&merchID =1008&str=molecule

Awesome towable, perfect to lounge around on and makes a great jungle gym for the kids if you have them around. Inflates in under 10 min with the HO pump. I have had 4 200lb guys on it at full speed. Thing is a beast...and a blast.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2009, 10:37 PM Reply   
...and that pic doesn't do it justice...it is 11' across!