Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-14-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
They're so awesome.
Upload

Saw this on another web forum and thought a few of you guys over here would get a kick out of it!
Old     (lfwrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Haha, thats awsome. Not only is he stealing images, but he is going to get his lawyer?

Sounds like a scam...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-14-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
what a wiener
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-14-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
WTF, I had to read it twice to make sure I got it!
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-14-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
wow people.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-14-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
I've had similar experiences.

One of my personal favorites so far was some business owner that told me I couldn't prove the photo was my work. He followed up by telling me that his best friend was a assistant DA and had told him that it was legal to use my photo without permission and I couldn't do any thing about it. Wrong !
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-15-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Protecting your images with the library of congress isn't that difficult nor expensive. I've run into some real whackos when it comes to stolen images. That's why I only post images that I have no intention to sell. On a side note, I did receive a whole entertainment system from Infinity and Harmon Kardon for unauthorized use of my copyrighted images (Old Dallas Friday Stuff). It pays to protect your work.

Registration Procedures
Original Registration
To register a work, send the following three elements in the same envelope or package to:

Library of Congress
Copyright Office
101 Independence Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20559-6000

A properly completed application form.

A nonrefundable filing fee* for each application.

A nonreturnable deposit of the work being registered. The deposit requirements vary in particular situations. The general requirements follow. Also note the information under “Special Deposit Requirements.”
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-15-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
wow.

What a moron. And I'd love to see how awesome his business is with him running it like he does.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-19-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
JOIN the asmp. Great benefits to photographers!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-19-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
The key phrase is "entitlement", you see a lot of that attitude these days.

Riley,

what is the "asmp"?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-19-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
American society of Media Photographers.

Lot's of protection measures for photogs.