Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       05-24-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
A family wants me to scan in and then make a slideshow of their grandparents pictures they have in a tub. How much should I charge. I can make good slideshows but it is a pain to scan alot of picturs. How much should I charge?

I know it is not wake related but it will help pay for gas money this summer.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
.25 a picture. or half what kinko's would charge.

or look here:

http://www.scancafe.com/pricing.php
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-29-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
no. You're time is worth something. It's worth a lot. You have a skill they don't and you're doing more than just scanning. You're creatively putting a slideshow together. How many pictures? How much time are you going to spend on it? How well do you know these people?
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
i agree with bess, your time is definitely worth something
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
it will be a very large slide show(all of their grandparents pics from their lifetime.)

We are not very close with this family, we see them maybe once or twice a year.

thanks guys.
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-04-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
Once you get all of the picts on your computer put them on an SD memory card and put it in a Nintendo Wii. It automatically creates a slideshow with some generic music that plays on the T.V. Kinda cool an easy.
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-06-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
How many pics? I would say $200 sounds pretty fair to me, but it really depends I think on how many images, will you need to retouch any?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-09-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
I would charge an hourly rate that you and they are comfortable with