Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-08-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Doesn't look like he rides for shred stixx anymore. Hard to beleive the best wakesurfer doesn't have a board sponsor.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-08-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
I was told liquid force in December2011
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       04-09-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
I've also heard that he is with Liquid Force.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-09-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
L.F. with Dominic Lagace.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-09-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Anybody know when his new board will be coming out?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-09-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
does anybody have footage of him riding?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
I just interviewed him, and he talks about working on his new board. Will be out in a couple of days.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
So is LF serious about building real wakesurf boards now or what?
Old     (aiggy33)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-09-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
got my hands on one Dom's pro model. Rode really nice!
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       04-09-2012, 9:44 PM Reply   
He rides for Tige Boats.

http://epikoo.com/wakeboarding/news/...oin-tige-boats
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-10-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Wow, I thought I had read that went to Tige. I wonder why he left Centurion?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-10-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
does anybody have footage of him riding?
Just google or youtube chase hazen wakesurfing. Tons and tons of videos. Chase could probably out surf me on a trash can lid
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
I always thought Chase rode for Shred Stixx ( <--hey, I spelled it right. ;-) ) and SS had centurions, I am not sure if he officially rode for SS, I know in the photo shoots and stuff I don't think he was there for Centurion. Not really sure though.

As far as Tige, he went riding with us in the Fall behind our 24Ve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0thJOSGW_A

He rode amazing as usual, but he also really liked the wake, and this was not the first time he rode with us, and he also rides a lot with Dom behind and RZ2. He was talking about his love of teaching wakesurfing and desire to do that more and more but wanted a boat that could switch from side to side as easily as we do, with a great wake. He asked me if Tige was looking for riders. I told him I didn't know but I knew how to find out. So the next day or so I made the call and set up a meeting for him and the rest is history I guess.

Him and Sean and a few others should be out again soon to tear it up behind the new Z3. Can't wait, I never get tired of seeing them from the ballast boy seat, its a privilege, no doubt.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-10-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnate View Post
Wow, I thought I had read that went to Tige. I wonder why he left Centurion?
I dont believe he ever rode for Centurion. He just rode on a bunch of Centurion boats because a few of the Shredd Stixx guys have them.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-10-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
Wow. I think Robert probably mistyped that. Obviously Chase Hazen was a Shred Stixx rider. He not only rode Shred Stixx boards, but was on the Shred Stixx Wakesurf Team for many, many years. No he was never sponsored by Centurion Boats, or any other boat company for that matter over his tenure, until Tige, Wake Craft and a few others courted him this past year, in the wake of the new era of numerous boat companies starting to give some real thought and maybe even a touch of design towards generating a better wakesurfing wake.

Now speaking for Shred Stixx, we wish Chase the best of luck in his new endeavors with whatever company(ies) he chooses to ride for. I for one still feel lucky to consider him a friend, and look forward to surfing with him in the future, whether on a wake or out in the ocean.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Yes, I mistyped, I meant that I am not sure he officially rode for CENTURION. My point was that I knew he rode for SS, and SS had centurions.

Sorry for the typo/brain fart.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-11-2012, 8:38 AM Reply   
haha, the wow certainly was not directed towards you Robert. Just a clarification which would hopefully prevent future confusion and gossip.
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
Yea I talked to him this morning actually, he says "the heck with glassy water I love the chop" he said he's been designing tubes and entering high speed whip contests, and on his spare time he designs slow speed tubes such as those used in lazy rivers. I dunno sounds like he's got a good thing goin now, I think him quitting wake surfin was the only option for him. Poor guy chase call me tonight I got some new ideas for you.

Johnny