Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-09-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
I have a 2008 Ronix one. I bought it last year around this time. The only way I can explain this is like a sunburn. The board is peeling. It has about 4 spots, now circles where the top layer(skin like) is peeling off. Is this normal or would I be able to get it warrantied?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
I predict someone will be here to answer this question really soon.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-09-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
had the same problem with a hyperlite. You can peel the top layer off and it wont affect the board. That should be covered under warranty if you want to be without a board for a few weeks.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-09-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
most wake companies do not warranty "sun damage, fading, etc." Sounds like yours is more than that. Have you contacted Ronix or the wake shop you bought it at (if you bought it thru a shop)?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-09-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
I bought it through buywake.com. I will probably take it to the local ronix dealer if I decide to get it warrantied.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-09-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
My Local dealer would not cover my board when i bought it online for somereason they said it voids warrenty????
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-09-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Should your local dealer cover it if you didnt buy it from them? Shouldnt you have to send it in to Ronix themselves.

I know if have a digital camera from best buy and it breaks within the warranty period id have to send it to Nikon not take it to Best Buy, because they sell Nikons. If its still within the 30 days that i purchased it then by all means, im taking it back to best buy.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-09-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
I never go back to where I bought it (buy 99% online due to lack of shops locally), I go straight to the company and have very good luck, have with Hype, CWB, and LF - no problems
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
you should contact buywake first.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-13-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
No Its not normal. I have boards that are 11- years old and look brand new. I am going to make a bench out of it, it looks so good still. yours sounds like It peeling Its clear coat..mfr defect. Not normal. Damn, I have the Ronix PBv2?? Jet
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-13-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Taking it back to your local dealer to have them warranty it for you when you went behind their back to save a couple bucks online sounds like a slap in the face to me. Contact buywake. They sold you the board and should act as a warranty location. If you don't want the hassle of sending it back and not having your board for a while then buy from your local dealer. I bet that if you told your local dealer that you are looking at a board online they would of come close to matching the price.

Support your local dealer. They will support you.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-13-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Brett hit it on the head....Call Buywake, they should be able to help you with it if its under a year old...even if its just outside the warranty they may be able to get it sorted out if there are defects. If they won't work with you, then your next call is to Ronix...but like Brett said, and as a store that sells both online and in our proshop, if you go to a local store that sells them and tell them the deal you can get through an online shop...I have a hard time believing they won't match it to earn your business. The only time we walk away from deals are when they are the proverbial "Too Good To Be True" ones or Ebay deals that have no warranty with them. Usually a phone call to verify these will prove the deal wasn't legit. But if it is a good deal we will tell you so. That said, before you start this process...get your stuff ready. Get a copy of your receipt, have some digital photos to clearly show what is wrong and try emailing those first if its an online co. Also be straight with whoever you are getting the warranty done with. If the board has been slid...it won't have a warranty. If you bought from another store or from ebay and try to pawn it off as a birthday gift, or a buddies board....I can tell you usually these deals don't work. I personally would rather have someone come straight to me regarding a problem and if they are honest and upfront about it...I'll usually work harder to help resolve an issue. And nothing pisses me off than someone who straight up lies to me about a warranty item. (Sorry just a pet peave) I hope this helps...go to buywake...try to get them to resolve it. If you don't get anywhere send me a PM...I'll get involved. Great post once again Brett. thx.

Bill @ Performance
www.perfski.com
Old    justinh            10-14-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
M2, the local shop in Houston, will swap your board on the spot if it breaks. You can't beat Face-to-face service, it is worth a couple of bucks.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-14-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
i agree with brett. our closest board shop is a 45 minute drive away. and we still go over there if we need anything. even something as small as a flag or a bottle of babes.

if you spend alot of time in a shop, you can become good friends with the owner. you might even get price discounts and new person to ride with.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-14-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
I ordered online because I was in Iraq and was coming home on a holiday weekend. I wanted the board so I could hit the lake as soon as I got home. I now go to my local shop for all my needs. Yes it is an hour drive for me but I do it now. I bought my boat from them and all my accessories. I did not go behind anyone's back.

One thing I am worried about is the board is an 08 and has 08 one bindings. If they do send me a new board I don't think my bindings will fit now that everyone has the 6" hole pattern.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-14-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
Bret I have used buywake both online and in store...they are very friendly and will work with you to get your board warrentied...if they cant they will put you in touch with ronix themselves....I know most of the guys there at ambush and they are always willing to help
Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-14-2009, 11:15 PM Reply   
delaminating is usually covered under a life time warranty ronix is pretty good with their warranty stuff i havnt paid for bindings in three years and i have gotten four pairs from them ha ha