Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-19-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
i remember a few years back ,some homeless guys ( at least i think they were ) were offering to wipe down your boat for donations.this was at discovery park. i havent seen these guys in awhile. im not sure if they still do this off and on or not anymore, but i thought this was great. at least they were trying to work for their money. i would love to always have this service. granted i made them use my stuff since their cleaning supplies sucked. after a long day having fun, i would sure love to have someone else wipe it down for a few bucks. plus they took all the empties!
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-19-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
The marina next door to mine offers this service, basically I think its $5-$10 to have them wipe the boat down and put the cover(s) on.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-19-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Glad this came up. The other day we were talking about how nice it would be to have a sort of "valet" service. You could show up and have everyone get in the boat, the valet backs you in and you leave. At the end of the day pull up at the dock and give them your ticket and they pull your truck/trailer down into the water for you. Obviously this would need to be done by some reputable means. They could offer wipe down service as well...or even wash your truck while your out...the opportunities could be endless!!! Ha ha ha! So much better than dealing with climbing the hot ramp twice a day.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-19-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
What a great idea for some enterprising youngster looking for a summer job!
Old    K.B.C.            05-19-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
They were there 2 weeks ago collecting empties. I don't know about the wipe down though, none of them asked. One of the ladies had a baby pet skunk, crazy. They were stoked on all the empties they were getting that day.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-19-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Yea, I think that would be great only thing is someone might start whining about where is their business license, or they could say they got hurt wiping down your boat and sue. Also if they had more than one person working, their employer should be providing them health insurance. A bunch of BS! An idea like that will never work for those reasons.

That would also create far too much opportunity for low income people...we couldn't do that! (sarcasm) You can probably tell how I feel about government. It's far too big, and needs to stay out of people's lives.