Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Kevin, call delta sport boats and ask for jodi. He's a big supporter of the wake scene here on the delta and DRA. I dont have thier number. They are out of antioch. I picked up mine for 500 over cost. He'll take care of you. Im not sure if he remembers my name for sure by sight though. Tell him Nick Solis refered you. Its at least worth the call
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
Soil,

I called Jodi and they didn't have any 07's with a white hull. He was really cool over the phone and gave me some great advice. Thanks for the info...

Kevin
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-27-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
no worries, they didnt have a huge stock last yr of sangers i got mine in 06. He got me in to wakeboarding and was one of the og delta riders. he knows sanger really well he was part of demo and perfecting the new 237. I'm sure his advice was right on and honest.

good luck with the search
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/616378059.html

Not mine but i came across it
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-31-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
bump...

so, did you buy a boat or what?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-01-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
Bryan,

NOPE! Still looking around for the best deal... Used and New.... Just sold our boat on Saturday... So now we are ready to bring one home...
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-02-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
I see several 215 owners on here, what does everyone think of sanger's 210 V drive?I'm familiar with their rep from the 70's, I haven't seen a current Sanger in person, they seem to be a good boat for the money.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
its great i have one. its a sanger enough said. Its just a little on the smaller side so people usually go for the 215
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-02-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
The 210 has the same rep as the 215 but with actually more heritage. Just as Soli said people tend to opt for the larger boat simply based on capacity. The price point on the V210 is pretty damn awesome though so if you don't require the extra space I'd go with it.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-02-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
We are a marine dealer for 42 years,just considering adding a new line for next year.I haven't seen anything negative about Sanger on this site from owners.I would like to ask the owners which other lines did you consider before your purchase,I know CA has a few more wakeboard lines in that area that are not as popular around the country.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
for the price point only probally moomba, supreme or mb. Between those brands sanger is the most solid and reliable. They also hold value the best of that group. I love my 210 i have had a few pros behind it too and they all think the wake is off the hook too. Its a solid boat no compaints from me. I actually bought mine b4 i knew how to ride and i was looking at some inboard outboards such as reinell. For a little more i was told the sanger would be a great first boat and would be great for getting out and crusing the delta and hanging out. and if i ever learned to ride i would be glad i went with the sanger. its a good entry level boat. i would compare it to a toyota in car terms
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
The V210 is great boat, easy to tow, easy to weight, drives great and is good on gas. We use ours mostly for "core" riding if you know what I mean but also family fun time. I got mine in Sept 03 & have had 570hrs of trouble free fun.
Upload
Upload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Darren it's really nice over there, you have some awesome scenery. Reminds me of it here in the northwest.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on April 02, 2008)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks NuBu, we have a lake house here that is open to any WW visitors, If you come I will put you up and tow you!
Shots from the weekend:
Upload
Upload

I love Norcal, If I was going to live in the states it would be in the Napa to Berrysa region for sure.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-02-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Soli for your input.Was Centurion not in your price point or just not impressed with them?
I would compare my new Sequoia with anything else in that size SUV,Toyo has some pretty pricey models now too.I got the nicely loaded SR5 instead of the new platinum,like boats I guess it depends on how you option them out.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
Karen, when I bought mine I would never have considered a Centurion because at the time the build quality & wake performance were IMO way behind the Sanger. Things may have changed now but IMO Sanger still has the untouchable reputation of building boats that are solid & functional; old school Nautique style.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-02-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
Darren, thoes pictures are AWESOME!

I'll keep you guys posted as to what boat I choose, I'm really into the Sanger.... Is the black scorp worth it? I found a used 04 215 for a good price, but doesn't have the BS motor.

Kevin
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       04-02-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
you will only find a difference of a mile an hour maybe two in top end. The standard 315hp is plenty of juice to get a weighted V215 out of the hole. Thats what mine had in it.

Upload
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
i have only heard of bad things in referance to centurion. The biggest one is that with weight the bow takes water when going back for riders. also that they always have something wrong with them. just what ive heard
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-02-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Sounds good, does this sound like a good price?

2004 Sanger v215 - $32,500

- Wakeboard II Series
- Black & white
- Less than 50 hours.
- Board Rack
- Triple Ballast Tanks
- Depth finder
- Sirius Capable AM/FM Radio & CD player (4 speakers)
- Matching Bimini Top
- Cover
- Teak Deck

Anyone have problems with there pro-flight tower? Do you know if in 2004 did Sanger use the Pro-Flight chubby tower?

Thanks
Old    Ben Kerran            04-02-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Soli-I am not one to get into a pissing match about brand vs. brand (cause I honestly don't really care), but I can assure you that Centurions are not known for taking water over the bow. I have ten 54 lbs batteries in my bow and have had 3 adults in the bow on my boat and have never even given it consideration when picking up fallen riders (not even close to taking on water). So maybe your experience was on a much older Centurion? but I am pretty sure that is no longer an issue
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
thats a pretty solid deal kevin. The hrs thing is a little sketch for that yr. It had to do lots and lots of sitting. Question is were and how and was it maintenced every yr with that little usage. I have heard more then a few times to be wary of boats sevral yrs old with only a few hours. But it could be a great boat, just get it checked out and ask about when and how it was used and stored.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-02-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
I e-mailed him and said that he only used it for holiday weekends, kinda like i do... and has always been stored inside a garage.

I came across another one... Check it out.

-2005 Sanger V215 ski boat, kawasaki green with purple flames, just over 50hr on boat. With wake board tower and tower speakers, 4 speakers in the boat plus a sub woofer, am/fm/cd player with amp. Boat has the 330 hp 5.7L black scorpion motor, quiet exhaust, swim platform, dual batteries, bimini top. Boat is in excelent condition inside and out. Comes with a custom tandem axle trailer color match, spare tire, 3 built in ballest tanks in boat.

$35,000
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-02-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
kawasaki green with purple flames. Good luck ever selling that.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-02-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Darren, great looking water.We've had Jeff Weatherall stay at our lakehouse in the past, great rider from New Zealand.All the local girls loved him! As far as the engine upgrades to a Scorpian, not a major price difference which is why I'm sure most dealers stock the Scorpians, great thing about Mercs, you can get service just about anywhere around the world.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-02-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
Brett,

It doesnt look all that bad, check it....

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/kevinsilva08/greensanger1.jpg
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-03-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
What have you owners thought of your Mercruisers?We had issues with the Merc inboards from 2002 to 2004, impellars,fan belts,ECM's.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-03-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
Not so sure about that kevin , Karen I reccomend an X-80 you're gonna need lots of room for all those dogs .
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       04-03-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
Hi Nu bu, we are down to three now, I need to update my picture.We usually just let them on the pontoon boats, easier to clean up. We did take them out with us on the 370 Formula at Christmas with a group of people, they loved the heated cabin but weren't use to the boarding from the transom,they surprised me and behaved really good.It must have been the new surroundings,they usually act a little crazy on the pontoon barking at every boat & PWC that drives by.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-03-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Karen, to answer your question:
I looked at Malibu, Mastercraft, Moomba, Supra, Tige, Supreme, Calibria, Liquid Ride, Cobalt, SeaRay Select, Regal, Malibu from Canada, and Rinker, before I bought my Sanger. I came from an I/O but driving the V215 elimitated any I/O from my list
I chose the D215 for it's layout, handling, and rough water capability. My second choice would have been a Malibu product and my third a Supra.
I made my decision on boat performance, not price.
No problems with my Scorpion motor. My last Mercruiser was a 470 (1980) and I put 3500 hours on it so I've got no problems with the brand.
Old     (riverdog)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-03-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
Not to interupt this sanger love in, but I have an 06 Avy and my neighbour has a 06 v215 and I don't think the quality or the wake is better. His seats already need to be replaced. My wake with stock ballast is larger and just as clean when you use the trim tab. His handles a little nicer but mine has more room. I love both boats and have nothing against the sanger. It's great. I just feel centurion is getting a bad rap IMO. Maybe people are talking bout the older ones?
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-03-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
But Scott, like you said...This is a Sanger love in!

My $02...I've always said for those who are committed to the "boating life" and buy to keep, which I know is rare these days, when reading, researching, driving and using. You'll find better value, quality and re-sale (If that word cause be reasonably used here) in the Sanger over the Centurion.
Don't hate me cause I love my boat!

(Message edited by JDUB on April 03, 2008)
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-03-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
Good job Scott.
I was wondering why nobody had spoken up for brand X. Now Kevin has a little more diverse opinion to help make decisions.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
Did centurion ever fix the washy wake issue. I want to say it was regular TS that was commonly found to be washy...
Old     (riverdog)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-03-2008, 11:13 PM Reply   
I have no problems with wash on my wake but I have the bennett trim tab which you can adjust and clean things up. I've owned 2 supras and a 01 wakesetter and now the avalanche. I bought the Avy cause it was a steal. I have ridden and drove behind both the avy and the v215 equal.I think both boats are a great value boat. In my honest opinion I would not switch boats with my neighbour. Handling I will give to the sanger. Wakeboarding wakes are even and depend on rider. Surf wakes are an easy win for the avy. In rough water ,give the nod to the avy. Fit and finish seem equal although his seats seem super cheap as they need to be redone after 100 hrs(maybe he is rougher on stuff than me). Not sure of price difference.I don't think you can go wrong with the sanger I just can't see it being better than the avy. Thats my honest opinion and I'm not just saying that cause I own one. If I had the money I buy a Malibu or MC.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
Question:

Where is the Bennett Trim Tab control located on the Sanger v215?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old    stillstandin            04-07-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Scott, I have spent time in both boats, same situation as you, I own a V215, and friend owns a Avy. Avy is a nice boat. I disagree with the rough water ride. Sanger wins this, not sayhing the Avy is bad in any way, it is a deep v boat and does just fine. Just a way Sanger seems to float through chop. My back seat did need to be fixed do to a design flaw, Sanger did this with great customer service. Im sure Fineline would have done the same. I have visited both factory's, which are not far from where I live. This was the deciding factor for me. Sangers are built like tanks. I do not plan on trading my boat in after a few years. I will own it for quite some time. I have no doubt the boat will last. I do admit, the Avy's surf wake is better.

Kevin, mine is located just above the throttle next to the rear ballast switches
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Craig,

Thanks!
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-08-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Another question:

How is the wake with only the center ballast? I found an 06 v215 for a decent price with under 20 hours, but only have the 500lb center ballast.

Let me know, Thanks

Kevin
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-08-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
Buy it. OK, take it for a ride then buy it.
You can add rear ballast the same as factory or put in huge sacs. The center ballast keeps the bow down and gives longer wakes, and lets you run slower speeds if you want, or if you have a beginner.
You can do almost anything with just the center ballast. The rear makes it bigger and is easy to add.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Kevin, that is the same set up I have but I now have the v drive locker sacks by fly high which I'm looking into plumbing in this spring. One nice thing with it this way is that you don't lose any space when you're not using them where as the hard tanks that come with the series 2 wake package take up roughly half the locker. The company I purchased from also does a 400# set up on each side under the floor which sounds cool and may be something a dealer in your area can do as well.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
all i have ever heard about sanger has always been good on here. you prob cant go wrong with either one. before i bought my avy i was completly neutral on which boat i was going to purchase. was a old school mc man for years but after taking one ride in the centurion i was hooked .great boats great wake, for boarding or surfing. what ever a person owns thats going to be thier pick ,just like mine. my .02 cents some boats are a little to pricey and dont see paying 10-20 grand more for a name. dont know how sangers are priced good luck with your pick
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-08-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
Rodney,

That set up you gots, is sooo SICK... I test drove both boat and really enjoyed them, but there is just something about the Sanger that pushing me towards them... I really like the interior of the Sanger....But the Avy is nice as well... It's a hard choice... I'm still looking for the best deal... Have couple guys giving me a call tomorow... Wish me luck....

Kevin
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-10-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
I know Sangers sit low in the water, do they take water in over the bow?

Kevin
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
not if you know how to drive and dont power turn. I have my v210 sacked out with over 2500 lbs. I have 600 in the bow alone. The low profile of these boats is why they turn and handle so well.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-10-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
You can't take water over the bow of a boat IF YOU DONT BUY ONE. Just kidding man. Can't wait to see what you end up getting. Where do you dispatch?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-10-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
I KNOW, I KNOW.... Come on guys give me a break... Money don't come around easy these days.... I'm looking for the best deal.... Be patient grass hopper...lol.... Maybe within the next couple of weeks... I've made an offer on a 07 Sanger.... It's still in the works....

Kevin
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-15-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

Whats the price on getting a bimini that is supported by the tower and not by running straps down to the fiberglass?
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2008, 12:21 AM Reply   
Like this one Kevin? This is the new one from Sanger, I'll find out how much they're going for tommorow.Upload
Old    stillstandin            04-16-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Thats a bad@$$ looking boat.
Old    Ben Kerran            04-16-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^Agreed!!!!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-16-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Sanger all the way!! Just picked up my 08 V215 and and waiting on that custom bimini top. Jess that ones looks sweeeeet, can't wait to see mine on.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-16-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
I'll have to agree, that bimini looks SICK... But I was for one that runs on the pro-flight cubby tower... I got a quote of 800.00... Does that sound right?
Thanks

Kevin
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
Yeah, that actually does sound right, I was thinking $900. Pretty much any nice bimini is going to be in the upper hundreds if not low to mid $1,000's. The Z5 cargo rack is a serious chunk of change.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-21-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
Aite guys, I made an offer on a 07 Sanger v215 (privet seller) and he accepted and then backed off... No big deal.... I'm heading out to one more dealer this weekend... What do you guys think of this? Is it a fair price?

2007 SANGER V230 WHITE/BLACK/RED FLAMES:
Wake Series II (tripple ballast), chubby tower, depth finder, perfect pass, ultimate stainless steel package, bennet hydraulic wake/trim plate,(4) pull up cleats...

OTD - $45,932.50

It's missing the stereo and bimini....

Let me know what you guys think.... I know i've asked alot of different things on this one post but this is really helping me... it's nice to know that i have cool truthful people to talk to other then some sales person who just want to sell me a boat....

Once again thanks!
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-21-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
It also comes with a teak swim deck and the BS motor....

Upload

(Message edited by ksilva on April 21, 2008)