Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-31-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Ive been trying this trick for the last couple of sets and can do it with 1 wake and with an ollie but when I take it bigger and clear both wakes I think that I'm over rotating and sometimes I can land on my heelside edge and kind of surface slide back to fakie then fall or sometimes I catch my toeside edge and eat it. Any suggestions?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-31-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
I'm trying these now too - the trick is (to me at least) to wait wait wait wait, and then finally do the 180 just before hitting the water. Just think, you can do it on an ollie, so when you have all that time in the air going wake to wake, you have to really stall it out, or else you will turn a full bs 3 or you will still be spinning once you hit the water...

hope this helps.

(Message edited by tparider on August 31, 2005)
Old                08-31-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
you can either do this really late or really slow. i think its good to learn both of them, but the really late one you will benefit from the most, because you can further advance your tantrums to blind, etc...

you really need to focus on your landing here. if you are sliding out on your heels, really bend over at your waist and look away from the boat like towards the shoreline or your trail. bending over at your waist gets your body over your toes and puts you on a better ts edge. try and learn the blind 180 with the 3 different handle positions: blind(1 hand), cuffed (2 hands), passing the handle (1 hand). remember, the most important part is getting over your toes.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-31-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
I just started landing this trick. At first I took the trick to my ts, I would ollie or slide them. This helped me with my handle memory.
Once you get the memory down, take it w2w.
Old                01-26-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
Hi y'all
I've been trying to get an ollie BS 180, but its been frustrating me; tried about 20 of them haven't ridden away yet - i'll cut out into the flats, let off so there's less slack in the line; pop and turn, looking away, landing on toeside edge, exactly what most of the tips say. EXCEPT either the handle gets yanked out of my hand (yes I try to keep the handle in the small of my back, I will just glide away in the blind position without the handle) or I get pulled over.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers