Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-26-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
does anyone experience knee laxity in their knee the first couple weeks, or months even, after their ACL surgery? using my hands and bending my knee about 30 degrees i can move my shin forward and my knee is also lax on the MCL side. doctor said its because the muscle fibers aren't strong yet and the my graft is fine since there is a definite end point. overall, he said that knee laxity is common especially after surgery.

anyone else experience this?
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-26-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
there's no way I'd be testing it myself at that point! I'm sure the graft is fine, but manhandling your own knee when the graft isn't even healed-in sounds like a bad idea to me. Just have a little patience. If you don't trust what your dr is saying, then ask your physio, and if you don't believe him then ask another physio! It's not something you should be messing around with yourself.
Old     (ineedaboat)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-26-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
I had ACL replacement with a cadaver ligament a few years back. My knee was really weak and seemed to give out for the first month but it gets better. It is def a awkward feeling though. They probably will give you the giant rubber strap to use as resistance when stretching and that helped a lot. Swimming is really good too but be careful not to over do it.

Last edited by ineedaboat; 08-26-2010 at 8:53 PM.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-27-2010, 6:54 AM Reply   
thanks tyler. my doc and physio both checked me out. said knee laxity is normal and that my MCL was probably stretched so its weak as well. not to mention my muscles aren't fully strong yet....
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-28-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
When I asked about laxity my doc also mentioned the nice end point.
It feels so good 8 mos out I keep forgetting about exercising it
It does swell and have had it drained once
Prob will again at end of season