Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-20-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
I've had my boat and custom C-Channel aluminum McClain trailer now for just over 2yrs and it seems like it's time to start replacing some of the components.

We have 240 hours on the boat which stays in the garage and gets trailered to a private ramp maybe 200yds away every time we use it. I tow it to the dealer (100 miles one way) every 50hrs for service.

I'm technically on my 3rd F2 jack. Number 1 and 2 both failed with different issues so I was able to build one using good parts from each.

The Fulton winch is starting to fail now. I have to reach in and manually push the lock in place. The lever no longer works.

The brakes worked well but the tongue actuator has always squeaked and squealed while starting and stopping.

Someone stepped on the brake line fitting as it goes into the master cylinder and bent it. I tried to bend it back up and it broke.

I'd like to get some suggestions for a new winch and possibly a new tongue actuator and braking system that everyone has had good luck with.

I don't have many pics of the trailer but here's a decent one of the parts that are giving me problems.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-20-2014, 12:04 PM Reply   
I'll never buy a F2 jack again, mine broke after one year. I also need a new brake actuater, and also would like suggestions on where to buy a replacement...
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-20-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have had all kinds of problems with my Road Runner trailer. Try giving these guys a call http://www.etrailer.com/?gclid=CP3-x...Fe87MgodIyIArg
They have helped me twice.