Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-25-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
For some reason, when I come around the board is in front of me instead of under me and I'm landing on my butt. I got plenty of air and rotation. Do i need to pull on the handle mid way through the rotation?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
yes when you push your lead knee to your chest you pull on the rope and start the rotation with head and shoulder.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-25-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
Thanks, sometimes I'm close and have landed one, bur the majority of he times I'm falling backwards.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-17-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
I bruised my ribs working on this trick yesterday. I need to try move the handle to start the spin earlier. I tried to spin late then stuffed the wake with the nose of my board. No Bueno!
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-19-2010, 10:38 PM Reply   
I just learned this one a month or so back. When I was learning I would just try to do a backroll and keep the handle at my back hip and everytime I would rotate the 180 but land on my butt and pop the handle. What I did to land it was just throw it like a normal backroll like before, right off the wake pull the handle to my back hip, hang on with both hands and turn my head to the left right off the wake to start spotting the landing. It took me a bit but once I fully held onto the handle through the whole rotation it brought the board under my feet everytime from then on.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-27-2010, 4:37 AM Reply   
Your approach for a backroll 2 rev should be just like a backroll.
Old    retro_rick            04-26-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
Maybe a little more than a regular backroll IMO

Last edited by retro_rick; 04-26-2011 at 4:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
My approch is exactly like the backroll. when rolling off the wake try to keep those hand as far to your leading hip as possible, so it wont start the rotation early. then when upside down or more drop the front hand and hang on for the wip around.