Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
Lets set the record straight. Nautique is the most expensive boat (dealers cost). The MC should be around 5k less, and the dealer gets a rebate. The BU should be around the 10-15k less, and they get a rebate as well. With this in mind, why by 2009 with the mark-up when you can get a 2008 around dealers cost? What are your thoughts?
P.S. You have to compare apples to apples.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-08-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Help us out here, please. Can you please scan in and post the dealer pricing and discount/rebate structure for all brands so we know you aren't completely full of crap?

Here's my take: I have been in some type of upper management position at dealerships that sold all three brands. Your pricing analogy is wrong. Rebates and incentives are subject to change during the year to reflect inventory levels, but base wholesale pricing on the top tier brands, when comparing boats of same size and purpose, are not that widely varied.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-08-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
I bought my 2009 Moomba Outback V because it's a completely redesigned boat and is 100% better for wakesurfing than the 2008 Moomba Outback V.

Sometimes you just gotta forget about price to get the latest technologies.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-08-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
X-star is generally more expensive than a 230.

08 210 is same price as an 08 VLX.

A yellow delicious is sweet and a granny smith is tart.

I would get the 08 if the 09 is not significantly changed, otherwise I would just wait.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-09-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
I am so glad that Moe is the source for all of this knowledge.

Every time this comes up, it seems the people who actually know almost never speak up. Meathead seems to have first hand experience and thinks the prices are not that far off. That is probably what I have observed in my own little world: a Bu LSV = X30 = SAN 220 in price. They are all typically pretty close. I am sure there are deals to be had depending on options and dealer stress, but they are not far apart. Who knows, maybe Moe is right, the bu and MC dealers are still in Vegas, but the Nautique dealer is closed, I heard.