Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (nils_lars)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-15-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
Could I get someone to loan me a copy of "The Book" wakeboard DVD , I cant spend 90 bucks on it otherwise I wouldnt ask.

I only need to borrow and I can send it back , I will pay shipping of course and I can even send back a little gift as a thank you with the DVDs.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-15-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
sure...and as a favor, i'll let you have a night with my girlfriend too.
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-15-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
i'ev got detention volume 1 & 2 and as a christmas present i would send it for free if i can find it. It has really good instructions, but i would need it back. email me if your interested
Old    walt            12-15-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
I have a feeling that there arn't to many people that are willing to lend out a 90.00 DVD set to a perfect stranger. I've been wrong before though so who knows.
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-15-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
WCW i know how you feel, good thing its VHS, ah does anyone else miss old technology. I live by the honor system i find it hard to believe people are willing to ruin there reputation to learn a scarecrow or whirlybird
Old     (nils_lars)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-15-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
I would also be surprised but then again I was just as surprised to see people give things away in the Christmas thread.

Just goes to show what a great bunch of people I have met in here so far.

Thanks for the offer bwoq21 but I dont have a VCR anymore heh old technology is dead I guess :-)
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-15-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
Check w/ your local library, they may have it.... or they may have a job opening. Then you could work for money & you could just buy it. The Christmas thread may still have it. Better yet, you could just start a New Years beggars thread. haha, sorry but WTF?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-16-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
If you go to the Wakeboard Camp, you get to watch it for free...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-16-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
Also copying and unauthorized distribution of a the Book isn't kosher. These guys worked hard to put together an instructional DVD and deserve to get paid for their efforts. Stop being cheap and go buy one.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-16-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
Well said Hahn, not to mention “The Book” is worth every penny. Value to dollar ratio.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-16-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
You don't have to buy the whole set... buy what you need for now and get the rest later.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-16-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
honestly, Hahns comments about getting paid and what not are true but it is the same issue with online board shops and your local board shops, who do you buy from? more then likely the one that is cheaper.

but i do agree that you should probably just buy it on your own. and now you have been BLACKBALLED by Wakeworld
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-16-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
What part of my statement was incorrect Jonny? Kyle and his crew filmed countless hours of footage, hundreds of hours of post production and thousands of dollars to burn, package and ship their product. So, essentially you're saying it's ok to distribute their product without their consent?

Your comparison makes no sense. Both online board shops and local shops "Purchase" their inventory. Each decides on their own price point, not the consumer.

Also, it was in no way my intention to "Blackball" him. The community here on WW is a tight nit community that gives back to our sport. With an industry as small as this one, we pretty much look out for each other.

(Message edited by solo on December 16, 2006)
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-16-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
i know i know. the comparison or corallation is that he is still a consumer even tho he want

uggh...whatever, forget i said anything. it all makes sense in my head tho!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-18-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Get a job and buy them one at a time....I get so pissed when someone says that they dont have any money for this or that. If you are old enough to post on WW then you are old enough to ask the neighbor if he has any odd jobs around his house for some extra money. get your ass off the computer and go shovel someones drive way, or wash a car or mow a lawn....If you want it bad enough, you will find a way to afford it...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-18-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Send me 50 bucks and I will send you a DVD no problem.