Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-23-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Picked up my first new boat a 2012 Epic 23v 10th anniversary edition. Really exited for this season i'll get some more pictures up soon with interior and wake shots but I wanted to share with everyone now. Couldn't be happier with the boat so far just finished breaking her in!
Attached Images

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
Did you get her from Florida?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-23-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
congrats man! beautiful boat. when are you moving to Richmond, i would love to catch a set behind that monster! I ride Lake Anna during the summer
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-23-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
that thing is awesome, i don't care what people say about epic, i love that wake and it looks fine! can't wait to see some ridin pics/vids behind that thing! congrats!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-23-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
So sick! Congrats on the new boat! Got my fist boat and NEW this year also, such a good feeling.
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       05-23-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
Really love the LED's...very innovative.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
Great looking boat man. Congrats!!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Very sweet!!!!!! Congrats to you!!!!!
I notice it says 10th Anniversary. Has Epic really been around 10 years already? I joined in 04' and remember over the years the build and concept of the boat. It has been very intriguing watching them grow.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Dope ass boat! love the integrated leds in the gel. Congrats!

Yeah doesn't seem like they've been around 10 years at least as fat as released product goes but I suppose the company could be. If they were counting the Toyota version of Epic it would be greater than 10 years.
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-23-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
VT's enrollment just jumped 12%
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-23-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Sweet!
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-23-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Congrat man!!! You are gonna love this wake so much!!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-23-2012, 11:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Dope ass boat! love the integrated leds in the gel. Congrats!

Yeah doesn't seem like they've been around 10 years at least as fat as released product goes but I suppose the company could be. If they were counting the Toyota version of Epic it would be greater than 10 years.
Epic wake boats and the toyota epic have no relation. just coincidence that the name (brand vs model) is the same.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-24-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
Guys thank you Here is a shot of the interior.

jburbo, Ill be up in Richmond starting mid June and will have the boat at LKA on the weekends. Your welcome anytime
Attached Images

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
Sick boat! I love the LEDs.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-24-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics of the wake. You are primed for a great summer!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-24-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
Nice ride Jeff. What is the production number on the 10th anniversary edition? I know that is a limited run. Let me know when you hit Anna and I will point you in the best spots to shred. There is also a big air contest June 23th if interested. I can get you all of the info if you want to attend. Epic is one of the sponsors for it. I'm sure they would love to have your ride floating around the area for the day. Not any Epics on Lake Anna that I have ever seen.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-24-2012, 7:06 PM Reply   
Sweet boat man, I always liked the looks of Epic and some of the features. Normally not a fan of gee whiz stuff but the LED setup is pretty slick.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-25-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
I love the placement of the speakers... that has to rock.... you need to show us some wake pics... surf pics...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Very cool boat! Epic did an awesome job on the integrated LED's on the side.
Old    mojo            05-25-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
Is the graphic lit up with fiber optics or does it have led's shingling onto it? The only thing I still don't get is how the wall of water washing up onto the transom does not take its toll on the speakers, wet sounds or not. Sick looking boat and I'm sue you'll have a lot of fun with her.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Nice boat Jeff. Is this the same one that Adam was in at the factory? What happened to the old VT Epic? I assume this one is a personal boat.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-05-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Sorry I was so slow to respond just got back from the ALT Games college championship in OKC.

Jamie- I'm not sure of the number ill get back to you on that but is 1/10 made I believe. I should be riding in the Big Air contest so I will be there, not sure if i will have my boat at LKA that day though. I usually ride down by hunters.

Pete- I'm working on the wake pics didn't forget

Reed- The graphic is back lit by LED's that are turned on by a wireless remote. I haven't noticed any water on the speakers even after riding and falling for a while and they sound great.

Alan-Thanks. I don't think so this one was built fairly recently. I'm not sure were the VT epic is actually, Adam had it for awhile but its moved on as far as I know. This one is my boat I actually just graduated from VT and will be moving to Richmond. Any tips on were to ride?
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-05-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Two more pictures from out at the ALT games
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-05-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Nice pics. I love your 10th anniversary Epic, that is one sweet boat. The LED's really set it off.

Not to be a hater but that Skull wrap on the Epic in the last picture is kinda sad. Why cover up a $70k boat with cartoon skulls? Definitley not my cup of tea but to each his own.

Your 10th anniversaty though, is off the hook. Love it.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-05-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWakeboard View Post
Jamie- I'm not sure of the number ill get back to you on that but is 1/10 made I believe. I should be riding in the Big Air contest so I will be there, not sure if i will have my boat at LKA that day though. I usually ride down by hunters
Cool. Pm me if you want to hook up sometime. Hunters is be best place to be on the cold side. Always just a corner away from decent water, even on windy days.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-08-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
And the wake does exist, running light yesterday. Driver and observer plus about half if all the tanks rope 75, speed 23, 3/4 tank gas.
Attached Images

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-08-2012, 6:38 AM Reply   
wow pretty impressive! Just curious if you have any surf pics...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-08-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
Wow, look at that wake!!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
wake looks awesome.

Just curious, all of the pictures that are posted seem to have the tanks less than full, what happens if you fill up the full 4000lbs? do you have to speed up a ton? does the wake start washing/curling?
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Nice Jeff! A bit of an upgrade from the prostar!
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-08-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Pete- I try not to surf because if I have the board on the boat I tend to not wakeboard at all, I'll try and get some next time I'm on the H20

Trapper. Just so you don't think I'm completely full of B.S Every Boat If ridden I will usually fill weight till it doesn't get on plane then drain a little and ride..but half on the epic seems to be doing the job right now(still 2k ish).I will usually ride with the tanks around that level plus 5-8 people. Of course I filled everything to see what its like who wouldn't, had to speed up a lot. Ill get fully loaded pictures up soon because like you said as far as I know they don't exist on wakeworld.

Miles- Long time buddy how you been, been way to long since we rode together what you been up too? yea upgrading from the Prostar to this has been crazy so much fun having a V-drive
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-11-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Try the front almost completely full, keep the rears where you have them and the tab at 1/4 down. I think you will like that.