Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-30-2010, 5:27 AM Reply   
I have my 420 built into the sub box enclosure, It seems that everytime swomeone other than myself uses the PA it gets unhooked.. Can I just order some kind of an extention for the wire, or would there be an issue with the Mic muting the radio?

Or does anyone have a better Idea? Ill attach a pic to show all what I'm facing, Its a pain in the Tail pulling this appart every monday morning an plugging it in... I have tryed electrical tape on the connection...
Attached Images

Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-30-2010, 6:20 AM Reply   
A couple of strategically located screw down wire clamps (Home Depot) will end this issue with ease.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-30-2010, 6:20 AM Reply   
Super clean install! nice work
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-30-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
Matt,

You can get an extension cable from radio shack. I have seen some wake schools run long ones all the way to the rear so the coach can have the mic in the back.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-30-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Perfect, Thanks David & Tim, I'll prob do both..
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-30-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
I am still struggling with finding something to attach the mic to. What do you have on that right hand wall that the mic attaches to. I am tired of dangling it over the steering wheel.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-30-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
I just hooked mine to the side of the vinyl/plastic, It doesnt work very good... I'm thinking of moving it beside the throtle... (now that I know its possible to extend the cord)

Thanks Adam
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-30-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
When there is no good place to mount the mic or we don't want to create permanent exposed holes we usually extend out from behind the coaming panel/bolster or from under the dash with a heat-formed ABS bracket (1/4-inch thick). The clip mounts to the custom shaped bracket and the bracket mounting is concealed from behind. Its also an effective means to mount iphone/pod cradles where otherwise there is no structural location at the choosen point for convenience and access.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-30-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
How do you like that alpine head unit? That is on my list to buy. I have not been impressed with any clarion head unit I have ever had or used.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-30-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
It is awesome... I have the transom remote & the waterproof remote... I can control the radio wakesurfing or @ the beach... Also I hooked up a buddy's Iphone4 and it is compatable even after everyone scared me away from buying one...