Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-30-2011, 5:07 AM Reply   
Hey everybody, just walked out of the airport in Ft Lauderdale. I'm in town here for 3 days before we head to the bahamas, coming from Iowa I'm sure you can figure what I'm in the market for. Anyone know where I can get a legit pull either place. I tried to look up a couple places in the Bahamas but all I found were 6 passenger "water tours" that included water sports. I was looking more for something slammed and with a tower.

Thanks,
Cody
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-30-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
Riding in the Bahamas pretty much sucks as far as riding. You do it for the experience. If you are on the big island (Paradise, etc) - you'll be riding "big water". You have to get into the coves in the Exumas to find glass and to get there - you need a sea worthy boat.

Just find an all inclusive in the bahamas to give you a pull. If you aren't staying there - $20 will go a long way. You'll probably get a ski rope and a CWB Sol but it's hard to beat the feeling of cutting out wide, looking down in the crystal water and seeing the ocean floor clear as day 30 feet below.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-30-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
If you can drive 2.5 hours you can hit up Revolution Cable park in Ft Myers. Or you can drive 2 hrs and ride in Marco Island / Naples http://www.waterskimarcoisland.com/w...d/Welcome.html ...I've never ridden with Dustin, but talked with him a few times on the phone. He seems like a decent guy. I believe he has a CSX (same as an X25). He may even be willing to tow his boat closer to you.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-30-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Is the Ski Rixen in Deerfield Beach still open? Thats only like 20 minutes away and you could shred cable till your arms fall off.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-01-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
I believe they are.... heck if you are willing to drive 2.5 hours go to Orlando
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-02-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
McGinnis school ski in Ft. Lauderdale can give you a pull. It's cheaper than gas to Orlando. Do it today its about to get cold.
Old     (steezin4noreason)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-03-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by codykauz View Post
Hey everybody, just walked out of the airport in Ft Lauderdale. I'm in town here for 3 days before we head to the bahamas, coming from Iowa I'm sure you can figure what I'm in the market for. Anyone know where I can get a legit pull either place. I tried to look up a couple places in the Bahamas but all I found were 6 passenger "water tours" that included water sports. I was looking more for something slammed and with a tower.

Thanks,
Cody
You may already be there by now but I seem to remember seeing shots of Sean O'brien riding behind a Centurion in the Bahamas. I believe he was coaching the Cove family of Stuarts Cove, the largest dive operation in the bahamas. Maybe give them a call and see if they offer pulls behind their boat.