Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
Everyone should read the Jimmy Wolf interview and then sit back and look at how you represent our sport. Dude is keepin it real and riding for himself....and i particularly liked what he said regarding that "extra" 180...don't forget to include a legit grab in there kiddies.
Old     (tigerules)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Jimmy's a pretty cool dude. I won't post the picture of me jumping his Epic but here are some other classics. When he rode behind the Regal it was freaking huge!!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Not sure who owns the pictures, sorry if I wasn't suppose to post them...
Old     (adrenalindustries)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-11-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
I thought the interview was amazing! I have heard so much about Jimmy Wolf because of our wakeboard school in mesa. Oh, and because we both have Epic Wakeboat's. It was good to hear what he thought about wakeboarding and very insightful! I like what he said about his sponsor's! You can tell he enjoy's his sponsor's and wants to help them. That is so rad how he is going to school also... very smart. He know's the industry!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-11-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
bocephus good to hear from you again

Jimmy is an incredible rider, great pictures by the way.
Old     (tigerules)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
LOL... Wink-wink...

I'm not sure who took the pictures but that day in the Regal was crazy cool. I think it would cost well over a $1,000 in gas to do that day again...
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-11-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Jimmy and my son went to firebird at 3 am this morning to hit some kind of towable slider, should have some pictures later today. Jimmy is a great rider..
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
gordie, post 'em up, asap. thanks!

Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
Great interview Joe and the filming/editing of the video was nice and clean too. Great job.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Oh, and the Indy Tantrum he does a little over half way through is massive. Great riding.
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jimmy represent
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-11-2008, 11:00 PM Reply   
Who ever thought of that canoe set up on that dock is amazing........

o wait
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-13-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
i watched the video link... the street stuff is kool.... not much happening behind the boat though.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Jimmy rocks!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-13-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Shane, Idon't know whose grill your tryin to bust, but landing a grabbed toe sev into the flats is happenin behind the boat!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
maybe he'd rather see a 1080 or 1260. throw in a couple whirly 10s as well as a crow mobe 10.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-13-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
I wanna see a double grabbed switch toeside backside fashion air...... but thats just me.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-13-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
They had a little section about that Regal session in an old WBM or somethin i think. That'd be one helluva big wake. I think they said it was an 800 dollar gas bill. ouch....
Old     (tigerules)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-13-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Yes, the Regal session was crazy!! The wake was crazy wide!!

For the life of me I can't remember who this is but it gives you an idea of how big it was. Every hit was like a double up.

Upload

Jimmy
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
Old     (tigerules)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-13-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
Here is the gay video of them behind the Regal.

Jimmy Regal Session

I think the other rider is Ben something, I think it begins with an L, but I can't remember.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-13-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
The other rider was Glen Coy..
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-16-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Congrats Jimmy, I've been on a wakeworld sabatical since I left the boat industry, but to my suprise you were on the cover of WakeWorld when I decided to check in.

Those Regal shots were my old boat, I only bought it as an opportunity to learn how to run the larger twin engine vessels when I was in boat sales and it was my boat(err uh, payment to the bank) of 2005. I luckily sold it just as gas was skyrocketing, I remember freaking out because gas was getting over $2.00 a gallon and nobody wanted to buy this because of the threat of high gas prices. FYI, that was not my video I agree the music is a bit fruity. I will attach my favorite pic of Jimmy below.

This article summed him up pretty well. He's the only guy I know that will say one of the most off-the-wall ideas, then 6 months later he's still be working on how to make it happen. I never saw pics, but I took him 4 wheeling out by Saguaro lake once and after that he decided to build a rail over this ledge that I considered large enough to be classified as a peninsula. I know he got hurt for most of that season due to this "stunt" but that hasn't stopped him and his crew. Then I was sure I was going to see someone's spine sticking out of the top of their head when I saw his backyard slider as well.

Keep your eye on this guy, he's going to be remembered for some of the wildest stunts this sport will ever see. Potentially one we can talk about at his funeral.
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by dan_lee on June 16, 2008)
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-16-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
that tanny is BOOOOOSTED
Old     (krazywake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-16-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Some more Jimmy pics from riding with him at firebird earlier this season.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

You can also check out some of Jimmy's recent rail action in the Red Bull Wet Dreams Wake Tour video on www.krazywake.com
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-17-2008, 2:24 AM Reply   
I am curious if other big cruisers have decent wakes like that? What was the length and speed he was riding at? What was the length of the boat?
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-18-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
sorry to continue the jack, but a Cobalt 26' bowrider with 8 large dudes on board is the biggest wake I've ever hit....big and meaty, but VERY wide and not much lip. end jack
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
good god...I couldn't bring myself to watch more than a few seconds of that video.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
I had a chance to meet, hang out and photograph Jimmy this past Saturday at the MHW tournament here in Colorado. All I can say is, The kid can throw down! His set between rounds was sick... Very cool guy. If you ever get a chance to see him ride or hang out with him, don't let it pass you by. Great weekend Jimmy!