Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-23-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
I wakeboard at the University of Illinois and have been a member of this site since jan 18, 2007! Our club has lost some exposure of the years and wakeboarding seems to be dying over here in Champaign. I also create my own music and want to perform in front of 4,500 for the opening of Hardwell, Bingo Players, and Savoy this thursday. All i'm asking from you guys (i've never done anything like this or plan on it again) is to click this link https://www.facebook.com/questions/422454204470415/ and vote for Bennett Kohler, I only need to be in the top 3 and i'll be wearing my WakeWorld jersey on stage and rep you guys and my club down here hard!

We are only a little over a hundred votes away and i'll say whatever you guys want me to on stage if this actually happens (or pass on a link to everyone there to vote for wakeboarding to be in the 2020 olympics). I'm just asking for a little help from my wake world friends that i've made over the years so we can get some more exposure for our wakeboard club down here.

This is a video of me from SB '09 to prove i actually wakeboard... but if this kind of post is illegal i'll take it off right away! If it isn't and any of you can help me out by just clicking one thing I LOVE YOU ALL

*PS this is some of my music just in case you want a little listen...http://soundcloud.com/baktrakandbanko

Cheers WakeWorld, I'll never leave this site!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-23-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
No offense but I was hoping for some country music
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-23-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Done.

Would be sick to open for legit DJ's like that. Good luck.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-23-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
No offense but I was hoping for some country music
lol.. you obviously don't know the names of the 3 DJ's he posted above..

all EDM buddy... country sucks
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-23-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
BTW - your music is "meh"... Sounds like you jacked an illegal copy of Fruity Loops - ripped a baseline from Johnny Dubba and threw some hip hop call outs on top of the synths..

Too slow to play a live show for the guys you would be opening for.. Gotta up the tempo/BPM and make something more party friendly to open for those guys.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-23-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
Red Dirt and Country about Summertime, Drinking beer, girls, lakes and rivers, bonfires sucks? To each his own I just had to comment...
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-24-2012, 12:50 AM Reply   
I hate country about as much as I hate EDM, but at least country musicians play real instruments. Who wants to go to a show and watch a guy push play on his iPod? Or wear a big mouse head? But as my dad used to say..."Son, there's an ass for every toilet seat." so to each his own I guess. Good luck with the show.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-24-2012, 4:51 AM Reply   
Does this look like I am just pressing play on my ipod? God that argument pisses me off to no end. You should probably learn a little more about an art form before you go talking ****e about it. Oh and this was after a half bottle of Stoli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1HRVMIvSw NSFW due to language
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-24-2012, 4:57 AM Reply   
This really isnt about whether you like what they do or not. Its about helping a dude out so lets not make this thread a music d measuring contest. Just go vote and tell your friends to vote for him.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-24-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
I hate country about as much as I hate EDM, but at least country musicians play real instruments. Who wants to go to a show and watch a guy push play on his iPod? Or wear a big mouse head? But as my dad used to say..."Son, there's an ass for every toilet seat." so to each his own I guess. Good luck with the show.
Button pushing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt3dgVmhghE

Imagine what he would do to your girl
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-24-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
Araab muzic FTW!!!!!!! He is a master of the MPC.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-24-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
""Son, there's an ass for every toilet seat."

Your dad sounds country!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-24-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
Araab muzic FTW!!!!!!! He is a master of the MPC.