Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
I need to sell my truck (profile pic) pretty quick and craiglist is not cuttin it, do any of you know or have experience sellin vehicles similiar to my truck? If so where and how much? Thanks

Trying to get close to 10k, over 20k into it, I just had it professionally appraised @15k
It's a 71 Chevy shortbed totally custom
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-25-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
You are looking for a specific buyer for that truck. That is really unfortunate because money is scarce for toys right now and even though there isnt much competition for it, it is a hard sell just because of the buyer that would be almost specifically looking for that.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
Todd there is a Goodguys show here on Pleasenton Ca the weekend of march 27th. I bet that you might find a buyer for it there. I"m taking my little cousin to that show specifically to buy a car or truck. To bad you are about 2 grand higher then what he is looking for, I bet he would love that truck.
Good Luck!!!
Nice truck too.

Whats in it? details? I'll keep my ears out for you.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
Don- I know money is scarce thats why I need to sell it, I wish I didn't have to.

Al- If I don't sell it by Mar27 I might be putting it in the trailer and comin down that weekend. Built 350 w/350 auto, shaved, lowered, oak bed, everything is new. Its a sick truck. I might toss around sell it for 8k if I didnt sell it after the weekend of the Goodguys show if I ended up comin down???

Here is a link to more pics
http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TODDYOST/
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-26-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
Keep me informed, if you come down. I will be there with my 66 SWB and my bros 66 chevelle.
Hit me up if you come down.
Old     (murphytj)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-26-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
There are a couple websites for these trucks- my fav is www.67-72chevytrucks.com just like here they have a for sale section- and you are reaching your target audience-
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-26-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
That's such a nice truck... Man, I'd love to buy it, but my F250 would have to go if I did. Might be worth it, though.

Seems like $10k would be a steal for that thing. Hey, could you send me some more pics to evan2972@yahoo.com
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-26-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
That truck is sweet and a great deal if it is solid and done properly. The only hold back for some is probably the color, but I haven't seen too many examples of the 67-72's SWB in that price range. Usually closer to 15K plus if they have had that kind of work.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-26-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
nice truck but black or white or red are always appealing to more buyers...the color will be what slows down your sale...gotta find the guy that wants that green...that price should get it sold sooner or later
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-26-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
nice truck!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-26-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
Todd, that truck is awesome. Wish I could buy it.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-26-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Todd, your obviously losing quite a bit of money by selling the truck now. How much is $10k really gonna change your financial picutre? ( rethorical question...no need to answer publicly)

It'd be cheaper/easier ( assuming good credit) to use a CC balance transfer or somthing similar...there is still alot of cheap money out there ( with good credit).

Wait 12 months , and see if the economy turns aroudn a bit, then pay off the loan when you sell your truck for $15k:-)...at a cost of a few hundred in interest.

IF the economy is still in the crapper, sell the truck at 10k, pay the CC off, but it bought you 12 months for only a few hundred bucks ( interest).
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
ebay--the first three listings are free to list for cars but you do pay a percentage of the total sale price
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Tom for that site, I'm gonna list it there and see how it goes. Anyone else have suggestions I'm open.

Brett -I wish you could buy it too.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-17-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
Al- myself and a buddy are coming down for the show, we will be in the for sale corral maybe I will see you there.
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-17-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Put it on E-bay with a reserve price of 10K. I can almost guarantee someone will pay more than that. That is a REALLY NICE truck.