Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-30-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
Ive got a stock flyhigh belly sac that has the rubber ninetys on it and they have finally cracked. Its a 12"D by 70" long. I measured inside the ski locker today and theres actually 85" front to back, what have you guys done when replacing this sac? Order from MC, Flyhigh or just throw another type of sac in there? Thanxs.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-31-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
I tried to order from fly high, but they will not sell that exact dimentions due to an agreement with MC. YOu have to go through your MC dealer. I just used the fly high x series tube sack instead which is 10x16x62. It wasn't a terrible fit and it was only $130
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
So if I tried to order a custom sack for my Sanger with those dimensions they wouldn't do it because they have an agreement with MC?
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-31-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
All I know is that someone tried right before I was going to call fly high for a replacement belly sac for a MC x2/x1 and fly high would not make it. Maybe they disclosed the model and application and they couldn't do it once they knew what they were using it for. Maybe if you don't disclose what model and application it is for, you will be alright.

(Message edited by 1boarder_kevin on August 31, 2008)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
I actually measured the exact dimensions of the locker and its 12"W 11"H and 85"L. So Id like to utilize all the space. The stock was 12"D by 70"L.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-31-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
I don't know what I was thinking (or remembering in this case), but here is a thread on MC site that bought replacement bags from fly high.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=15176&highlight=ballast
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Yah I have a 2000 Xstar. My belly sac ruptured a year ago. Fly High wouldn't sell me the direct replacement bag they use in the MC's. I said well just make me a custom sac with the 3 ports on the End with the same dimensions, they wouldn't do it or give me the specs. Told me I had to supply the dimensions.

MY dealer luckily hooked me up so I wasn't out of a sack for too long. I don't mind coughing up some extra cash to my dealer....the take great care of me. It was a newer style bag off an 06 or 07 X1. It had 3 ports just not in the same locations as my original one. Just added some hose and viola. But if I had to do it again......Custom sac would be the way to go.

I highly advise going with that sac fly high markets as a locker sac. That bag doesn't fill to capacity and in my 2000 X-Star it popped the locker top open and didn't fill to capacity. It leaves so much empty space in there and you lose at least 100lbs. going that route. Just get the custom or head to the dealer. You'll be kicking yourself later if you go with that locker sac.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
Ya Swatguy I agree, today I printed out the order form for the custom sac from fly high and filled in all the blanks and dimensions, the sac will be 12"W 11"H and 83"L it will fill the entire locker wich will add 100 more pounds of water weight, the stock was 12"D by 70"L and held just under 300lbs.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/LA_Ytr1r

That's what I am going to put in my 205V in the locker...almost the right dimensions, and I am sure it is cheaper
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-01-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
I bought a bunch of factory seconds from Fly High and they carry the same warranty. We are selling any of the sacks for $99.

I have the following dimesnions

14 X 14 X 64
8 X 18 X 66
10 X 16 X 70
8 X 15 X 62
10 X 26 X 62
10 X 16 X 62
20 X 10 X 56
16 x 16 x 70
8 x 22 x 60

Let me know if you are interested or any of these will work for you guys. I have the straight plumb in fittings that came with some of them but not the 90 degree ones
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-01-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
For the record I Left out a huge word

I highly advise NOT.............going with Sorry but the rest of the paragraph gets you to my point

Also that Launch pad links sac is a much better choice than that Fly High Locker sac. Only thing is the MC's have the attachment to quick connext to the Fly Highs. Not to say you can't rig up the Launch Pad sac, but the plug and play feature is money.

(Message edited by xstarrider on September 01, 2008)