Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-29-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
For those of you that have ridden this board what do you think about it? What are the positives and negatives?
Old     (hfgcey5589gmailcom)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-29-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
I picked up my new lyman 139 just the other weekend and I love it. It is fast and loose. Dont ride it without the removable fins in because it will be super loose. But I love my lyman.
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-29-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
Absolutely the best board I have ever ridden. I would actually recommend riding it without the fins...
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-29-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
It's the first board I've ridden that has been perfect for me, and works really well for everybody else. Fast enough for me, insanely consistantly pop that makes you wonder if it came with rocket boosters. Softest landings I've ever had in the flats (omit this as a slingshot is probably softer) Most riders will prefer it with the fins in as it is still very loose with them. Board works good on any size/shaped wake. Average wight on the deck, One of the easiest edges to hold and it accelerates faster than hell ! (especially WITH the extra fins). Everybody that has ridden mine has fallen in love.

The only negative I've noticed is that your going to need some fat board racks as it is very thick in the center, but other than that......PERFECTION ! all other board companies should take some long hard looks at this board !
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-29-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
Thanks very much for the input so far. I do have a slingshot and i just don't think its the right board for me. It does have super soft landings and it is fun so i will give it a couple more tries. I definitely think that the Lyman will be a board i will try out in the next couple weeks. If anyone has anything else to add feel free. Thanks.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-29-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
Well, if you end up buying the Lyman......do you think i could get that slingshot as a commission ?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
I will add too that its prolly the best board that I've ridden so far. Its fast, loose, pops great, lands soft...pretty much everything you could want in a board. I am getting to try a slingshot out in the next week or so tho so I could compare the 2 for you...
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Yeah i might be able to do something like that...