Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ridemyzamboni)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Just curious, on average how long does it take everyone to edit their videos?
Old                08-11-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
the "rule" is 1 minute = 1 hour of editing time. now if you're going to be doing compositing and brush up work on audio and color correction then add a couple hours to each minute.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2005, 1:34 AM Reply   
3 hours per minute and that includes logging, adding notes, editing, etc...

Special effect/etc can take anywhere from 2-10+ hours..
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-12-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
It usually takes me a normal work week (40 hrs) to just edit (online) 22:30 worth of show content. That is after one of the guys under me offlines it to me. My current project doesnt include alot of fancy effects but it does require alot of color correction. The offline editor usually takes just as long to edit, but he is merely roughing it out. I polish it. And before the offline editor ever touches the clips, it is marked and digitized by an offline assitant, who alot of the times is the cameraman.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-12-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
Wakeboard - 1 rider section with 3 minute song:

1st minute = 1 - 1 1/2 hours
2nd minute = 1 hour
final minute = 15 minutes

hahahahahaha!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
For a 3 minute rider's segment, you can have 2-3 tapes of footage which you have to go through.. That alone is the most tedious job.. I'm thinking about getting some interns. Anyone want to take on the task of logging really cool wakeboarding footage?

RD - Of course, but your times are really slow for being mac based. Hasn't apple figure out yet how to make the computer edit the whole video for you automatically?

Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-12-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
I don't think you got my joke!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
nope I got it, I just love throwing out the mac comments..
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-14-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
but just think, Mac render times will be diminished once they finally get some real hardware. The time is coming...welcome to the dark side.