Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-22-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
hey guys im lookin for a room to rent somewhere in orlando on a lake, hopefully close to UCF. i have a malibu i am interested in brining. ide like to live with other wakeboarders, so we can ride boat and cable everyday.
PM me!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
Check out perfski.com bill has had a house on there for sale for a while. Usually at the bottom of the home page
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Also get on facebook and get with some of the younger riders, even pro guys are looking for roommates. its a stab in the dark but you never know. you could get hooked up.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
I have a friend on Clear Lake that was looking to rent out a room....I'll ask what the current situation is and get back to you.
Old    ChrisEbrahimoff            07-26-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
I have a friend on Clear Lake that was looking to rent out a room....I'll ask what the current situation is and get back to you.
Kat...Clear Lake is awful...there is sooooo much crap in the water...dropped a jet ski in there once and was cleaning out the impeller for an hour...ugh...

I do have a friend who just got out of a house on Lake Marsha...feel free to call me on my work cell 321.388.3192 if you want the address. It is located over by Universal Studios though.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
How do people do this? Dont they have jobs? No offence or anything..this would be my dream
Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-22-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
thanks kat. ummm, in florida wakeboarding is more important than jobs
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
musta hit the lottery...can i have some?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-23-2010, 4:57 AM Reply   
Hahaha
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
Hey, this is Kat's friend from Clear Lake. Sorry I filled the room I had for rent but I will keep my ears open for you.

Chris....Clear Lake is awesome!! It has some weeds but there are no HEALTHY lakes in orlando that dont. They get out of control about every 4-5 years, and the city sprays. Clear Lake actually has some of the best water quality of any in Orlando. And it also always has a good line no matter which way the wind blows. Not the best for jet ski's, but it also depends where you put in.... the ramp near the citrus bowl is always bad because no one uses it. But I love living here!

Lake Marsha is about a fourth of the size of Clear Lake so good luck finding good water and getting more than 4 or 5 tricks in one line! But hey, it is still a lake, and that alone makes it great, even if it is small. :-) Orlando Lake Wars begins!!!!! LOL ;-)
Old    ChrisEbrahimoff            07-26-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlakeirene View Post
Hey, this is Kat's friend from Clear Lake. Sorry I filled the room I had for rent but I will keep my ears open for you.

Chris....Clear Lake is awesome!! It has some weeds but there are no HEALTHY lakes in orlando that dont. They get out of control about every 4-5 years, and the city sprays. Clear Lake actually has some of the best water quality of any in Orlando. And it also always has a good line no matter which way the wind blows. Not the best for jet ski's, but it also depends where you put in.... the ramp near the citrus bowl is always bad because no one uses it. But I love living here!

Lake Marsha is about a fourth of the size of Clear Lake so good luck finding good water and getting more than 4 or 5 tricks in one line! But hey, it is still a lake, and that alone makes it great, even if it is small. :-) Orlando Lake Wars begins!!!!! LOL ;-)
Uh oh...water wars huh...Marsha is tiny, but there is NEVER anyone out there...the water along the Universal Studios side is usually glass no matter the time of day due to the houses and trees that block everything...of course...

I still love the Conway Chaines, and Louise, Blanche and Chase over in the Butler Chaines...you can always find good water out there just because of the available areas (in my humble opinion), plus most people don't even know that Lake Blanche and Lake Chase exist cause they're drinking on Bird Island...

Clear Lake just killed me. We went out there for the crawfish festival and I just thought the whole body of water was a weeded up mess...
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 4:09 AM Reply   
Clear lake isnt that bad....never the less get on facebook and get a hold of some of these riders like jimmy lariche, phil aslinger, anybody. You never know what youll get.
Old     (ugafan83)      Join Date: May 2010       07-27-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
jimmy lariche lives on clear lake and I have been to his house and the water didn't look to bad but its bound to happen I know on our river when they open the gates on the damn all the debris comes down river and is everywhere
Old    ChrisEbrahimoff            07-28-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugafan83 View Post
jimmy lariche lives on clear lake and I have been to his house and the water didn't look to bad but its bound to happen I know on our river when they open the gates on the damn all the debris comes down river and is everywhere
FIne!!! You all Clear lake lovers win!!! Maybe I'm just bitter about having to swim under my SeaDoo and pull weeds out every 15 minutes I'm out there...I hate you all!!! J/K
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-29-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
Chris.... Sorry about the weeds.... if you stay away from the shoreline it is fine. Its just really bad this year because they haven't sprayed in 4 years, and someone told me that the really cold winter somehow stimulated growth.? I think they just sprayed though because it looks better now. The water quality of the lake is actually really good.... no Ameoba :-)
Feel free to come out and ride with us. We are always looking for new people to join the crew! We will make you a Clear Lake lover too!! ;-)
Old    ChrisEbrahimoff            07-29-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Chris.... Sorry about the weeds.... if you stay away from the shoreline it is fine. Its just really bad this year because they haven't sprayed in 4 years, and someone told me that the really cold winter somehow stimulated growth.? I think they just sprayed though because it looks better now. The water quality of the lake is actually really good.... no Ameoba :-)
Feel free to come out and ride with us. We are always looking for new people to join the crew! We will make you a Clear Lake lover too!! ;-)
I may do that...gotta get that Crawfish Festival/Weed Cleaning Under my Jet Ski debacle out of my mind...

Plus, you guys can teach me stuff I bet...just a beginner =(
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
We put the weeds in to keep the jet skis out!
Old    ChrisEbrahimoff            08-01-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlakescott View Post
We put the weeds in to keep the jet skis out!
blah... =P
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-01-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
He's just kidding Chris, well kind of... :-)
Let me know when you want to come out and ride. Message me your phone # and I'll get ahold of you when we go out next....prob next weekend.
Old    ChrisEbrahimoff            08-03-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
He's just kidding Chris, well kind of... :-)
Let me know when you want to come out and ride. Message me your phone # and I'll get ahold of you when we go out next....prob next weekend.
I certainly will...gonna be out of town for the weekend, but in the future would be awesome!!!