Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dlwake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-31-2013, 8:59 PM Reply   
so in my long quest to buy a new board i am leaning toward the slingshot response. anyone ride one of these? input please. I prefer a continuous rocker and have ridden boards with some flex and liked them.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-01-2013, 2:16 AM Reply   
intermediate rider here.
I ride the 2010 response behind boat. its older model with foam and wood, but i have always loved slingshot boards.
Soft landings, super fun to press on the water and just play around with surface tricks. very fast ride.

flex really changed how i used to ride (for the better). overall i would describe "better" as more aggressive and fun, definitely fun.
personally i think i am looking to switch to a hybrid rocker line some day as i find myself enjoying both 3 stage and continuous. before the response i rode the original recoil and loved it, switched to the response because i was becoming more aggressive, especially in regards to speed and distance (line length and jump distance)
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-01-2013, 6:56 AM Reply   
The response is more of a boat board imho. Ive ridden one a few times and liked it. Very predictable board and fast. I just switched to a reflex (yes all boat riding). The response and reflex are the flexier SS boards. The reflex is a blended 3 stage though. The response is the only atomic core (more flex) with continuous rocker I believe.
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-02-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
I've had a response and now ride a reflex - I ride mostly just boat with the odd trip to a cable. I love these boards and find them a lot more forgiving then other boards. I think I prefer a looser feel as opposed to something that grips too much all the time. The response does track just fine once on edge though. Because the bottoms are featureless it's very fast and releases easily. The only disadvantage I find is that on some tricks and edges I find I have to work harder to get a consistent pop - with a normal board it seems that sometimes it's easier to get more vertical pop. Having said that, I don't think I'm limited in the amount of pop I get from my flex board. You probably have your heart set on a response but I'd suggest the recoil - feels pretty close to the same but it has a three stage rocker that helps a little with vertical pop.
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-03-2013, 4:44 AM Reply   
If you like slingshot boards and like continuous rockers, go with the humanoid oracle. It is awesome behind the boat and at the cable. I'm switching to the recoil because I want a 3 stage rocker, but the oracle's rocker is the best continuous rocker i've rode with plenty of pop. Don't worry about going with a small company, their boards are made to last and they make a great product.
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-05-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
The Slingshot Response is my favorite board. Fast, predictable, easy to get loose and pillow soft landings. It is just a fun board to ride.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-05-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
A 2012 recoil just hit EBAY for a good price.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-05-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
i ride the response on both cable and boat... and it is yummy. super fast. do it.