Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-11-2011, 10:42 PM Reply   
All brands' warranties exclude use of other brands of bindings right? I think the only exceptions would be Byerly and Hyperlite... which are both under the HO roof anyway.
and small companies that do not have boots (yet), such as Humanoid, Sine and others.

pretty sure i remember reading something from Slingshot, but couldn't find it on their site, also Hyperlite/Byerly i couldn't find anything on mixed boots on boards, but swear i saw it there before and remember saying to myself, "well that's kool they allow mixing of the two, makes sense, but nice to know"

here are two i did find, a big brand and a small brand

LiquidForce: Liquid Force Warranty DOES NOT COVER: Damage to boards incurred while other manufacturer’s bindings, and/or fins were in use.

Humanoid: Board damage resulting from improper mounting of boots or the use of incorrect
mounting hardware.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2011, 1:16 AM Reply   
i thought i remember seeing it for hyperlite's stuff, too, but not 100% sure.

question though; for those that's ever had a board warranty issue, were you asked by customer service if you had bindings on the board made by another company?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-16-2011, 11:41 PM Reply   
any other thoughts? Joe had a pretty good supplementary question
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-17-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
I just read CWB's policy and it says "damage resulting from improper mounting of bindings, the use of incorrect mounting hardware, or the mounting of non CWB...bindings".

So that leads me to believe that if your bindings are the cause it would void the warranty. But with any other board warranty issue the type of bindings would not affect the warranty. I'm just guessing, does that sound right to anyone else?
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       02-17-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
Hyperlite requires you to use HL/Byerly bindings only on the Strata track boards.